Come and play my platformer game

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Escapists!

So I'm in my final year at university studying software engineering and for my final project I decided to create a 2D-platformer game. As part of the evaluation process I need to get the opinions of people who are knowledgeable about the project and I thought who better than the people on these forums?

I would be much obliged if you would download my game, give it a shot, and then answer a quick questionnaire for me :)

To install the game simply download the .zip file from this link:

http://www.filedropper.com/alienescapedata

Once downloaded, unzip it, then inside the folder just run the executable. The game should start. It's that simple.

Please bare in mind that there was a time limit on this project so I'm sure you will come across a few bugs and glitches. Like I said it's the first game I ever made and honestly, I would have liked to have spent more time on it before uploading it anywhere but, the project deadline is looming!

Also due to time constraints my lecturers advised me to have sound as a low priority so unfortunately there is no sound for the game. Sorry guys!

If you are up for it, and you have played the game, please fill out the feedback survey below, it would be a big help! :

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6Z9ZTP6

Just so you guys know, the artwork is not mine. I downloaded it from somewhere. The game was built using the Unity engine and scripts were written in C#. Also I have no intentions of ever attempting to make any profit from the game.

To the mods: I hope this is an okay thing to do! If not I apologise. Also if this would be better suited in another forum then please by all means move it. Thanks :)

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
miketehmage said:
To the mods: I hope this is an okay thing to do! If not I apologise. Also if this would be better suited in another forum then please by all means move it. Thanks :)
As long as it's not for profit, and as you've been a member here for some years and contributed, I see no problem with it.

I found the weapon mechanism in your game a little odd. Having to hold right click then left clicking to fire takes some getting used to. The physics are a bit odd but that's Unity for you.

Just out of curiosity, when you say you didn't create the assets, what is original here and what is just taken from other places?

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
FileTrekker said:
I found the weapon mechanism in your game a little odd. Having to hold right click then left clicking to fire takes some getting used to. The physics are a bit odd but that's Unity for you.
Thanks for playing! Uh that actually kind of sounds like a bug. You're supposed to just be able to hold right click. Left click is supposed to be for a melee attack. It seems that the biggest problem I've had so far is that the game behaves differently on different systems -.-

FileTrekker said:
Just out of curiosity, when you say you didn't create the assets, what is original here and what is just taken from other places?
The sprites and tiles are not mine. I animated them and built the levels through Unity. The healthbar dialogue box and lives count is mine, and the main menu and ending splash screen is mine. And I wrote every script I'm using aside from one called PlayerPrefsX which is basically just an improvement of PlayerPrefs.

Anyway, thanks very much for giving it a shot! Much appreciated!