Come Join Us for Escapist Expo 2013

bandit0802

Dec 24, 2008
I am so excited for this! I've already got my pass and October can't get here fast enough! Last year was awesome and I'm sure this year will be even better!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Jove said:
Cool deal...except the location for this kind of Expo sucks hardcore.

Durham, NC...really? Why not take a few notes from other conventions like Pax that have their conventions at Boston Massachusetts, or Seattle Washington? No disrespect to North Carolina but...I think you would have A LOT more people coming to an Escapist Expo if your location was somewhere more...Urban and bigger marketed like New York, California, Chicago, Boston (as mentioned before), etc.

Just saying. XD
Because our office is here. PAX started in Seattle. Which is where Penny Arcade's offices are.

Just saying.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Is the volunteer registration not up yet? This says they're already recruiting, but the registration page says it's coming soon, escapistexpo.com/hard-corps and escapistexpo.com/volunteers both go to the page that says to register for the event (which I've done) and escapistexpo.com/volunteer (the blue thing at the right) links to an error page.

TL;DR I'm confused.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Jove said:
Susan Arendt said:
Jove said:

Durham, NC...really? Why not take a few notes from other conventions like Pax that have their conventions at Boston Massachusetts, or Seattle Washington? No disrespect to North Carolina but...I think you would have A LOT more people coming to an Escapist Expo if your location was somewhere more...Urban and bigger marketed like New York, California, Chicago, Boston (as mentioned before), etc.

Just saying. XD
Because our office is here. PAX started in Seattle. Which is where Penny Arcade's offices are.

Just saying.
I'm guessing moving those offices to one of the locations I mentioned as examples is out of the question? XD
They have one of the coolest office spaces in the country. If I lived in Durham I would want office space in that building too.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Jove said:
Susan Arendt said:
Jove said:

Just saying. XD

Just saying.
I'm guessing moving those offices to one of the locations I mentioned as examples is out of the question? XD
Until you have been inside the Escapist offices like some of us were last year, you will never realise how unnecessary that question it!

They have converted retro arcade machines they can play any time they want without using coins and a massive Star Destroyer hanging over their work area! I'd gladly move to NC to work in that office building!

Something Witty

Omnidimensional Conductor
Sep 18, 2012
TimeLord said:
Jove said:
Susan Arendt said:
Jove said:

Just saying. XD

Just saying.
Until you have been inside the Escapist offices like some of us were last year, you will never realise how unnecessary that question it!

They have converted retro arcade machines they can play any time they want without using coins and a massive Star Destroyer hanging over their work area! I'd gladly move to NC to work in that office building!
Oooh now I want you to offer tours. I only live 15 minutes away!