Comedians: Old, New & Shit

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I think people are perhaps a little too critical on some of the comics they said they hate here. But instead of going on and on about that, here's Eddie talking about Daleks.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
Comedians I like:
Donald Glover (Derrick Comedy shows you how to appreciate him)
Steven Wright
Patton Oswalt

Miss:
Bernie Mac
George Carlin (Finding all his stuff on Netflix, it's a blast)
Sam Kinison
(Honorable Mentions for Comedic Actors: Chris Farley and Phil Hartman)

Shite:
Aziz Ansari (News Flash: reciting everything people do really loudly and expounding on stories of Famous People does not equal comedy, it shows you paid a lot of attention)
Nick Swardson (I find myself paying more attention to how many times he says "like" (hint: a lot!) then his "comedy", which doesn't amount to remembering his "Who farted?" sketch that people can repeat with familiarity)
I can't think of another comedian I don't like, there are many, but none I can recall.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Patrick Buck said:
Can't think of any dead 'un's. Ronnie Corbet?
I don't think he's dead? If you're right then this is a horrible way for me to find out.

FalloutJack said:
I think people are perhaps a little too critical on some of the comics they said they hate here. But instead of going on and on about that, here's Eddie talking about Daleks.
When I say I hate a comedian I generally just mean that if they are on the telly I will change the channel.

Except for Andy Parsons. I actually scream at the telly whenever he opens his stupid mouth; he makes me so angry it's unreal.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
rob_simple said:
Patrick Buck said:
I don't think he's dead? If you're right then this is a horrible way for me to find out.

FalloutJack said:
When I say I hate a comedian I generally just mean that if they are on the telly I will change the channel.

Except for Andy Parsons. I actually scream at the telly whenever he opens his stupid mouth; he makes me so angry it's unreal.
I'm afraid I don't even know him. I suppose I can understand, though. Some people are Bob Dylan bad.

bandman232

Jun 27, 2010
Love:
Gabriel Iglesias
Ron White
Jeff Dunham
Bill Cosby
Jeff Foxworthy
Bill Engvall
Jim Carry
Rowan Atkinson
Jim Gaffigan

Miss: None, all of my favs are still alive.

Hate:
Dave Chapell (racist bastard)
Will Ferrel (idiotic humor)
Eddie Izzard (just plain annoying)
George Carlin (overall asshole)
Dane Cook (bland and unfunny jokes, also an ass)
Frank Caliendo ( he's good, but he just repeats his jokes all the time, so I dunno were to put him)

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
FalloutJack said:
rob_simple said:
Patrick Buck said:

FalloutJack said:

I'm afraid I don't even know him. I suppose I can understand, though. Some people are Bob Dylan bad.
If you've ever watched an episode of Mock the Week then you'd know who he was (unless you don't live in Britain; I don't know if it's broadcast abroad.)

Essentially, he's one of those awful comedians who spends forever setting up a punchline that is absolutely never worth it, but his fans lap up his comedy because of the fact.

Mysterious Username said:
I like Patton Oswalt.
Based off this thread Dane Cook is the most hated comedian in existence.
I will hate him until such times as I get my money back for Good Luck Chuck.

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
Love:
Bill Cosby
Ryan Stiles
Wayne Brady
Brad Sherwood
Colin Mocharie
The entire Monty Python Crew (except Terry Gilham because he doesn't really count as a comedian. He's an animator)
Andrew Sachs
Rowan Atikinson
Stephen Fry
Jeff Dunham
Dylan Moran
Tim Brooke-Taylor
Graeme Garden
Bill Oddie
Tim Minchin
The Umbilical brothers
Frank Woodley
Carl Baron

Ok I'll stop now. But I have more

Miss:
Graham Chapman
Dave Allen
Peter Sellers
Spike Milligan
Harry Secombe

Hate:
I can't think of anyone of the top of my head. I find most comedians today don't have very funny acts. Personally I'm more a fan of skit comedy (e.g. Rowan Atkinson, Monty Python etc.) than stand up. Oh well.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
rob_simple said:
Well, that's a funny thing. I have seen Mock The Week, though I don't live in Britain. The problem there is that generally I think of it in terms of Dara O'Briain, That Guy, This Guy, The Other Guy, and The Last One. I can't make the rest of the comedic cast stick, sorry.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Matthew94 said:
EDIT I hate Michael Mcintyre
What? What?!? What?!?!?!

But, how?

I don't think I like you anymore :< Meany pants.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Jonluw said:
That one Asian chick whose name escapes me
Is she Englsih? It could be Shappi Khorsandi.

Love(Three is not enough):
Omid Djalili(Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet.)
Frankie Boyle
Dara O'Brien
Rich Hall
Rhys Darby
Stephen Merchant(Who the fuck is Ricky Gervais?)
Russel Howard
Jack Dee
Jimmy Carr
Hugh Laurie
David Mitchell & Robert Webb

Miss:
Richard Pryor

Hate:
I'm sure there are a few that I've not heard of which would be on here.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Total LOLige said:
Omid Djalili(Can't belevie he hasn't been mentioned yet.)
I absolutely detest Omad Djalili purely because his whole bit about speaking in a foreign accent then saying he is from London is racist, and then he went and made a whole series of adverts that went against the point he argued.

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
rob_simple said:
Total LOLige said:
I absolutely detest Omad Djalili purely because his whole bit about speaking in a foreign accent then saying he is from London is racist, and then he went and made a whole series of adverts that went against the point he argued.
Yeah, it's not racist.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Total LOLige said:
rob_simple said:
Total LOLige said:
Yeah, it's not racist.
So if I start saying incredibly stereotypical shit in a South African accent despite me being from a completely different country that's okay because I look like I conceivably could be from there?

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
rob_simple said:
Total LOLige said:
rob_simple said:
Total LOLige said:
Yeah, it's not racist.
So if I start saying incredibly stereotypical shit in a South African accent despite me being from a completely different country that's okay because I look like I conceivably could be from there?
It's not racist to joke about stereotypes. It could possibly offend some people but more often than not I bet they're(person from the nation that is being joked about) laughing.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Hmmm, I take a more open stance to comedy. I have favorites, but I try to avoid saying I think any comedian isn't funny. Even Dane Cook, I mean, I don't like him, but he has fans, and he makes those fans laugh... what's wrong with that?

Anyway, Love:
Jon Stewart
Steven Colbert
Daniel Tosh (I have more than these three, but they're my top three at the moment)

Miss:
Greg Giraldo
Bernie Mac
Eh... I can't really think of any others at the moment. I mean, yea, there's George Carlin, but I never really got into his stuff. I dunno.

Dislike:
Katt Williams
Dane Cook
Tim and Eric

Gummy

Oct 24, 2007
Love:
Daniel Kitson
Louis CK
Doug Stanhope

Miss:
Patrice Oneal << Look him up, the man was a legend