Comic Book wise, is Trigon up there as one of the powerful villains in the DC Universe?

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigon_(comics)

Because I've seen portrayals of him in animation and often times he ends up being defeated in the same episode or movie.

I am wondering how is he portrayed in the Comic Books themselves since Comics tend to be far more "Overpowered" then their film and animation adaptions.

So is Trigon up there with Darkseid, Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet, Galactus, and Braniac (when he's given a world ending level plot)

Basically when Trigon comes it takes the entire Justice League and other DC hero factions to bring him down?

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Sorry my dude, I personally don't understand the obsession with power levels, so I opted not to answer since that was what I was planning on saying it, figured someone else would humour this.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Afaik Trigon is one of the many, many universal level threats in the DC universe, so yeah, it'd probably take a major team up. But especially in superhero comic books, characters tend to be exactly as strong as they need to be for any given storyline, so I honestly wouldn't pay the whole powerlevels thing any mind.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
A villain is as powerful as the plot demands him to be, and if he isn't, then the plot will invent a way for him to reach the level the plot demands.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
I find no threat in a villain that has already been beaten. Power levels are irrelevant if its still easily beaten. But I gave up comics years ago for such reasons.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Kae

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I found Trigon at his most scary in the Teen Titans tv show back in the 2000s, but that's about it. He's just another version of Satan, so he's not that interesting. HIM from Powerpuff Girls and Mundus from DMC1 are more powerful and a bigger threat.