Command & Conquer Generals 2 confirmed!

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
As the title says.

Source: http://www.gamesstrike.com/foren/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F5063-official-cnc-anouncement-it-is-generals-2%2F

I'm SO INSANELY EXCITED!
What about the rest of you? I for one loved the first Generals.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Lately ea has really fucked up rts games.... so I'm expecting them to fuck this up also. Why the fuck is bioware involved in this? I mean where are the people who did red alert 3, that was good shit, or better yet, go back in time and don't dissolve westwood.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Worgen said:
Lately ea has really fucked up rts games.... so I'm expecting them to fuck this up also. Why the fuck is bioware involved in this? I mean where are the people who did red alert 3, that was good shit, or better yet, go back in time and don't dissolve westwood.
Bioware recently opened up a new studio, so it won't be the Dragon Age / Mass Effect people working on this.

Nimcha said:
Sunrider84 said:
What about the rest of you? I for one loved the first Generals.
As did I.

Is it ok to be skeptical?
Of course. I should be skeptical, but Generals is one of my favorite RTS games, so I can't help being so excited.

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Oh come on.

EA hurt Red Alert with the laughably forgettable Red Alert 3.
EA destroyed C&C proper with the abominable C&C4.
Now EA is trying to make a sequel to Command & Conquercraft?

That series was the red-headed stepchild of C&C fans. It was nothing more than an attempt to replicate Starcraft's playstyle. With Starcraft 2 dominating the RTS field, EA doesn't stand a chance.

Plus, it'll probably be on Origin and it'll probably have no in-game search and it'll have chunks taken out to make room for DLC and mappacks.
EA also doesn't seem to understand what the "modding" community is.

No tank you. Give me a proper C&C Game.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Great!

If...

They can keep General's typical, slower paced gameplay. That's what made it one of the last RTS' I could effectively play, because I had the time to do what I wanted. I don't want a super-fast StarCraft clone or a small-scale Company of Heroes clone.

Just let Generals be Generals, and I'll be a happy camper. Seeing as how they treated C&C lately, I'm skeptical.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Bioware recently opened up a new studio, so it won't be the Dragon Age / Mass Effect people working on this.
Thats not that inspiring, I mean bioware does some good stuff but ea is starting to push them into a whole bunch of game types that they have no experience with and just using their name as a marketing tool... ea is trying to make bioware ea's blizzard.

Stopdoor

Nov 4, 2011
That source seems fairly sketchy, but considering the whole "C&C Alliances" title being bounced around, and the more realistic footage, it probably will be a Generals successor if not in name.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Absolutionis said:
Oh come on.

EA hurt Red Alert with the laughably forgettable Red Alert 3.
EA destroyed C&C proper with the abominable C&C4.
Now EA is trying to make a sequel to Command & Conquercraft?

That series was the red-headed stepchild of C&C fans. It was nothing more than an attempt to replicate Starcraft's playstyle. With Starcraft 2 dominating the RTS field, EA doesn't stand a chance.

Plus, it'll probably be on Origin and it'll probably have no in-game search and it'll have chunks taken out to make room for DLC and mappacks.
EA also doesn't seem to understand what the "modding" community is.

No tank you. Give me a proper C&C Game.
I agree to what you are saying about RA3 and C&C4, and I don't think Generals 2 will be able to compete with Starcraft 2, but I still want this game. I don't personally care if it competes with Starcraft 2, I just want it to be a good game, like the first Generals was.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
...Well, I loved C&C generals...
...Though I doubt this one will come on Steam, so I doubt I'll get it...

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Thats not that inspiring, I mean bioware does some good stuff but ea is starting to push them into a whole bunch of game types that they have no experience with and just using their name as a marketing tool... ea is trying to make bioware ea's blizzard.
What I meant was "It's hard to expect anything, since this will be the first game coming out of this studio". Not saying it will be good or bad because it carries the name Bioware.

Stopdoor said:
That source seems fairly sketchy, but considering the whole "C&C Alliances" title being bounced around, and the more realistic footage, it probably will be a Generals successor if not in name.
It was posted on Westwood Studios facebook page, so I'm guessing it's legit. Can't guarrantee it, I suppose, but I don't see a reason for it to be fake either.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
What I meant was "It's hard to expect anything, since this will be the first game coming out of this studio". Not saying it will be good or bad because it carries the name Bioware.
I just fully expect ea to fuck it up, lately they have been doing allot of that, the backend of bf3 sucked, the last rts they published was an abomination, lots of people were pissed off about dragon age 2 for some reason, and they seem to be banning people from their games on origin if someone else even curses and says your name.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
I just fully expect ea to fuck it up, lately they have been doing allot of that, the backend of bf3 sucked, the last rts they published was an abomination, lots of people were pissed off about dragon age 2 for some reason, and they seem to be banning people from their games on origin if someone else even curses and says your name.
I don't care for EA either, but hopefully the developing studio will get some freedom in this, seeing as they are a new studio, wanting to prove themselves and so on. It might be the other way around, with EA holding the reins really tight, but I hope not.
Either way, it's hard to say before any more news is released.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
I don't care for EA either, but hopefully the developing studio will get some freedom in this, seeing as they are a new studio, wanting to prove themselves and so on. It might be the other way around, with EA holding the reins really tight, but I hope not.
Well its probably best to err on the side of "ea will fuck this up somehow", since they seem to be doing allot of that lately, especially when pc games are involved.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Sunrider84 said:
Worgen said:
Well its probably best to err on the side of "ea will fuck this up somehow", since they seem to be doing allot of that lately, especially when pc games are involved.
I want to share that sentiment, but I can't help but feel really excited about Generals 2. I want it SO BAD.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
just maintain the idea of making everything overpowered = balance and this game will be good

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Sweet!

The original C&C, original Red Alert and Generals were the only three C&C games that really stand out to me.

Here's hoping they strike gold again with Generals 2.