Common sterotypes of you and your country

Jun 6, 2009
What sterotype of you, your country and even your city if you can think of any, that just gets under your skin?

Sterotype of me: I'm half black, and I'm tall. So people think I'm a basketball player, smaller minder people think I like grape drinks, (which I hate) and the smallest minded people think my light black/mostly white skin colour automatically classifies me as hispanic. What?...

City: We're pretentious twats who wan't to be American, because we can't deal with Canadian Winter. (Toronto. We are sort of pretentious)

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
I'm from sweden.

I'm a girl.

The most commong questions I get when I say this are;
1. Are you blonde?
2. Do you have blue eyes?
3. Are your breasts big?

The swede-stereotype is a blonde bimbo basically. :p Bleh.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
USA? Ha to many to list.
We "think" we are the world police. But when theirs a problem if we don't do something no one else does and blames us.

We only care about oil and fastfood.
We destroy other countries, and the ones that say that only do so to get more aid to shut them up.

For some reason if the UN says we need to act with military it's 90 percent the US soldiers asses.

For city, it's houston Tx. 4million people and most retards think we only listen to country music, ride horses and go to rodeos.

Pyre00

Mar 17, 2009
Moodels said:
I'm from sweden.

I'm a girl.

1. Are you blonde?
3. Are your breasts big?

You forgot the part about long legs.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Me: Nope

Country: Och aye , we like tae eat some haggis doon at the Loch, wear kilts while we kill the English! Frreeedddoommmmmm!!!!

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Moodels said:
I'm from sweden.

I'm a girl.

1. Are you blonde?
3. Are your breasts big?

And do you wear that swiss miss dress and have braids.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Well, I'm form Maryland (US), so not only do I hear stereotypes about what stupid egotistical globe stompers we are, I also get the added bonus of being from "The South." Boy oh boy, that sure is fun. Physically, I'm huge, blonde, and bearded, so a lot of people say they find me intimidating at first. Then I speak, proving just the opposite. I'm about as intimidating as a teddy bear, and it doesn't help that my voice is several decibels shy of being a twelve year old.

Sneaky-Pie

Sep 22, 2008
When people say: "You can't be American, you're not fat."

However, I understand their assumptions.

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Moodels said:
I'm from sweden.

I'm a girl.

1. Are you blonde?
3. Are your breasts big?

Oh don't go spoiling that now... Sweden is one of those rare places that has no criticisms so far as I'm aware...

OT: No, I have never met the Queen... Or Charles... Or Harry... Did you seriously think we did! We don't all live near London either... (I do but that's besides the point)

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008

We're all posh as hell or completely chavy. I lean towards the former. :D

City: Hereford.

We eat apples all day and talk with a west country accent! Thankfully I don't call this place home, so I haven't picked up the local peculiarities.

zohmbee

Feb 21, 2008
Stereotype of me? I'm a pale as hell white girl with short hair, a bit overweight who wears a lot of black clothing, with a vocabulary that surpasses that of her classmates and a 'hate-everyone-she-meets' complex who hangs out on the internet.

Basically to sum that all up, people think I'm a snarky lonely goth lesbian. They can think what they want, though; whatever keeps them from bothering me.

Stereotypes about my country... everything's in French, we live in igloos, snows all the time and we all own pet beavers. I even heard we eat babies, from some asshat a few years back.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Fbuh said:
Well, I'm form Maryland (US), so not only do I hear stereotypes about what stupid egotistical globe stompers we are, I also get the added bonus of being from "The South." Boy oh boy, that sure is fun. Physically, I'm huge, blonde, and bearded, so a lot of people say they find me intimidating at first. Then I speak, proving just the opposite. I'm about as intimidating as a teddy bear, and it doesn't help that my voice is several decibels shy of being a twelve year old.
Are you like Mikey from Recess? Except with a beard:p

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
Me: Glasses, long hair. I'm in to rock music. Fit all the rock-obsessed nerd stereotypes there.

Country: Tea-drinking, crumpet-eating limey who hates the French? Check there.

City: Wearing a flat cap and sweeping chimneys? Not so much. But I do hate the next town over so that's one.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
poncho14 said:
Fbuh said:
Are you like Mikey from Recess? Except with a beard:p
I should hate you for saying that, since everyone in middle school called me Mikey because I looked EXACTLY like him. Thankfully, I have evened out a bit more, so no, I am not like Mikey anymore.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I say! Do you have any tea for these scone, also, would you commoners mind cleaning my top hat stand while I examine it with my monocle.

British, if you didn't guess.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I'm English.

If you want a more detailed description of how my nation sterotypically acts, have a look under the "Brits" section of this TV Tropes page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NationalStereotypingTropes

(Apart from Violent Glaswegian, because that deals with Scotland not Endland.)

revolverwolf

Jul 1, 2008
bernthalbob616 said:
I'm English.

If you want a more detailed description of how my nation sterotypically acts, have a look under the "Brits" section of this TV Tropes page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NationalStereotypingTropes

(Apart from Violent Glaswegian, because that deals with Scotland not Endland.)
You just had to link to TVtropes didn't you? I'll be lost for hours now...