Company of Heroes 2 Screens Emerge, who else is excited!?

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
Hell yes I loved the first one though I have to say after opposing fronts the expansion packs where a bit rubbish.Can't wait to see the way the new snow mechanics affect Game play and of course the new bound to be awesome graphics.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I'm excited, although I hope cover plays an even greater role in this game. In the first one having a small but well entrenched force wasn't an option, because the health would just whittle away.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
As the resident Company of Heroes fan, I feel that I must be excited about this always. I am a little sad, however, that this will come out around the time that the Ostheer comes out for the eastern front mod.

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
Who else is excited you ask?
I AM! I AM! I AM! I AM! I AM!

ahem. The first was by far one of my favourite RTS games, and I'm looking forward to taking the Red Army and crushing the Nazi's beneath my winter boots. For the Motherland of course.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
I'd like to see some videos of the game in action, but I'm cautiously optimistic. I loved the first game (with the exception of one mission where I was screwed because of the results of the previous mission) and really enjoyed the British Opposing Fronts campaign too (haven't played the rest).

Relic are one of few companies I know I can trust to make a great game.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
There's not enough money-being-thrown-at-the-computer-screen in the world...

I wish they'd add a modification to the present Company of Heroes that would give the same new gameplay mechanics.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
It'll be great! i just hope they add in more convincing tank fights. If i shoot a Hetzer in the side with a sherman it should be destroyed not slightly hurt and able to turn and kill me in a single shot. Its always been my only gripe with CoH, the tank combat and the tank gun ranges.

It'll be hilarious when i eventually forget about a unit in the choas of war and when i remember i have to move my Volkgrenidier they've frozen into the pavement.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
It actually looks about the same, but then again I never needed these games to look prettier they just need to be polished to the farthest extent.
CoH had amazing systems for RTS and I wish others would take a good long at them, because most are still working with what is essentially sprite combat.

I hope this time they add melee combat as they did in Dawn of War because it's a great tactic to lock down enemy ranged squads while bringing in other troops, not to mention how silly it looked when soldiers would practically stand on top of each other and slowly exchange bullets.
One could even be hopeful for personal commando squads which give you more options to equip and train specifically and bring on through the campaign.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
dogstile said:
I'm excited, although I hope cover plays an even greater role in this game. In the first one having a small but well entrenched force wasn't an option, because the health would just whittle away.
cover could be little stronger but I felt like it was in a good place, if they make it too good you would think about killing 2 out of a squad of 5 as a good thing if you get to cover afterwards

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Company of Heroes 2 is a game I can't possibly like and it pisses me off. The first CoH was a great game and I'm sure CoH2 will be great, but it combines two things I HATE - World War 2 setting and snow. I never liked WW2 as a setting for games, the overall look, the weapons, none of it. It just never sat well with me. Also, I hate snow in games. I just dislike how it looks, I dislike snow levels, I dislike snow areas. So a WW2 game set in snowy Russia is something I can't help but dislike by default...

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
I can't wait to hear what crazy things the units will say in this one.
Something like this.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/9mwJaQCf6to" frameborder

Also please add this:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/SVh6Pmree9o