Complex?

goodwithwords08

Jul 8, 2009
I am the baby of the family, the youngest person in my classes and because of this I have always had people to look up to but I almost never have had someone look up to me. I guess that is why I always try to help people, why I have always wanted someone to rely on me and yet even now I have no one. Is it really so strange to be needed? Is it really so strange to want to be relied on? In the end I am stuck and not really sure what to do next. So what should I do now?

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
It's human nature, dude, we all want to be needed by someone. I never really looked up to my siblings, but I'm another youngest child and was the youngest in my grade as well (skipping a grade will do that to you).

Just help people out when you can, maybe get a girlfriend or something. I donate blood to the Red Cross, and will donate platelets soon since I apparently have a fuckton of those, so that reminds me I might be saving someone's life out there.

goodwithwords08

Jul 8, 2009
Jedoro said:
It's human nature, dude, we all want to be needed by someone. I never really looked up to my siblings, but I'm another youngest child and was the youngest in my grade as well (skipping a grade will do that to you).

Just help people out when you can, maybe get a girlfriend or something. I donate blood to the Red Cross, and will donate platelets soon since I apparently have a fuckton of those, so that reminds me I might be saving someone's life out there.
Oddly enough I have a fiance who relies on me quite a bit but I still feel this way. To me it feels a bit different I guess. Not very helpful, it is quite confusing.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
goodwithwords08 said:
So what should I do now?
Find yourself.
Try to find what makes you happy. You're still young, so don't try to set up for the rest of your life just now.
It's a cliche but "there's whole world out there".

As for being needed - almost everyone wants it to some extent. Please remember that if you're doing something from the genuine need to help, then everything's ok. But if you're thinking about "the reward", then you're on the best way to hurt yourself and all involved.

Why ? Because often the only help some people need is no help at all, despite what they say and/or think. Moreover, sometimes people need a solid kick in the ass and that's no easy thing to do esepcially if you care about these people.

Just remember : you're not here to fix whole world and all its problems. :)