Compliment Someone/Something You Hate

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
Title says it all.

Example: Dear Seth McFarlane, your humor may suck 90% of the time, but you're one hell of a voice actor. You have a lot of range, can do a wide variety of impressive impressions, and have a lot of energy in your performances. So to that, I give you props.

I dunno if someone's already done a thread like this, but whatever. Your turn.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
This was a lot harder to think of than i expected.
Dear local hillbillys: thanks for not physically injuring me?

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
There is one kid I know who is the most pretentious dundermuffin I have ever met. However, he has a rock solid work ethic.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
To all of the local alcoholics who come into my liquor store:

Thank you for making me not look like as big of an alcoholic as I actually am. I pale in comparison to you guys and gals.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
dear kiwi (my pet birds name)
even though you bite me A LOT you are very cute...

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
I'm one of the nicest people I know, and I take very good care of things people loan to me.

[small]Oh fine, I'll stop being angsty.[/small]

My high-school uniform was blue. I like blue.

[small]Hm, still a bit angsty. Oh well, it's the best I can do.[/small]

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
Jerry Seinfeld is at least funnier and more tolerable (if only slightly) than Carrot Top.

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
I think that the interview system in LA Noire is an embarrassment to in-game dialog systems because of how unpredictable your characters' reactions are. So far every case I've worked, I've said things that I had no intention of saying.

However, it will probably help to show future designers that it is a good idea to give players some indication of the tone and content of their response choices.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Dear Escapist community, You guys are very nit picky. But thats why I love you and you all are so smart. I love this place :p

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
The videogame Viking: [something, something] Asgard. It's the only game I ever returned, but at least it gave me an icebreaker when I met two gamers a week later and we talked about how thoroughly shit that game was. Now I play SC2 with them :).

Perhaps this is too backhanded a compliment to qualify?

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
spiders, your as creepy as hell but you guys sure know damn well how to get into my room

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
ccdohl said:
Shia LeBeouf has saved me at least $20 on movies I might have seen if he had not been in them. That was nice of him.
I'd also like to thank Tracy Morgan for the same thing...and Martian Short...and George Lopez too...I hate those actors hard and have no idea why. I'm sure they're nice people in real life but I absolutely can't stand them. I should thank them for saving me so much money on movies and, movie tickets.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I don't really hate anything except for The Last Airbender, so...

The effects were... awful.

The choreography was... awful.

The characters were... awful.

Um, the plot progression was... also awful.

Hmmmmmmm. The casting was... damn, still awful.

Alright, let's see... a-ha! It was so bad that there's now a miniscule chance of the sequels being made! Huzzah!

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
To my friend Zodiac, You WERE right, you are stronger than me mentally, SO SORRY I'm more of a 'one girl' kinda guy that just crumbles when he loses her.

...You're still an asshole for cheating on your girlfriend.

Blue2

Mar 19, 2010
Dear Internet,
With out you, I wouldn't discover tons of awesome stuff and fill my time with happiness but please, please no more rule 34 photos.
- Blue2

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Dear Jim Carrey, thank you for not being in something big so I don't have to see your fucking face on the tv every 25 minutes when it gets advertised.