Conan O'Brien Can't Stop Doing Somersaults in Diablo III

Michael Epstein

Sep 9, 2013
Conan O'Brien Can't Stop Doing Somersaults in Diablo III

Conan O'Brien just can't get into Diablo III.

Conan O'Brien loves video games. He calls himself "Clueless," [http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVL8S3lUHf0RqD7TZ6hohWk8Sd3asaqnY] but he's actually quite the savvy customer. On his show last night, Conan confessed that he's been playing Diablo III recently, since it was released on PS3. He says he likes the game a lot, but there's something keeping him from getting invested in the experience.

Always the nit-picker, Conan is convinced there's something wrong with the game's dialogue. Something about it just doesn't fit in with the signature "fire and brimstone" atmosphere of the Diablo series. Thoughtful as ever, he capture a few key moments from the game that he thought stood out.

I thought he was crazy at first, but now that I think about it I have to agree: There is something really weird about those somersaults.

Source: TeamCoco [http://teamcoco.com/video/diablo-iii-voices]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Oddly enough you begin to roll uncontrollably when you hit lag-spikes online. It's REALLY ANNOYING!

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
"Video has not been made available in your country."

Why do you hate Australia Mr O'Brian? What did we ever do to you?

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I haven't played Diablo 3 with any volume for over a year now.
I can't actually remember what any class sounds like except the female wizard.

As such, I will treat this video as completely legit and assume Diablo 3 console is a dark comedy akin to Army of Darkness.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That video give me a right good chuckle! I'm hoping he does it again for the expansion!

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
I'm not sure if people are realizing this, but this might mark the first time in history (at least that I can remember) that machinima has actually been used on national television (not including G4, because nongame people don't watch that). To top that, it wasn't even used to deride games or sneer at gamers. Conan is slowly and surprisingly turning into a really positive force for the community. Let's just hope he never repeats his Tomb Raider performance ever again. God, that was painful to watch.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
Based on the other gaming segments I've seen, this time Conan has skipped the 'make fun of gamers, the industry, and gaming as a whole' part, and simply gone with 'I'm using the game to make a joke of my own'. Kinda makes me wonder where the joke came from... do you think the Diablo marketing division put him up to it?

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
Ha, that was ridiculous. Everyone knows you can't make "smores" without at least three people.

I can't believe I missed seeing this last night, I only started watching in time for the Simon Peg interview.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Zhukov said:

There was that time when we forced the rest of the world to play Fallout 3 with 'Drugs' changed to 'Chems'.

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Zhukov said:

There was that time when we forced the rest of the world to play Fallout 3 with 'Drugs' changed to 'Chems'.
Morphine changed to Med-X, actually.

One thing the OFLC absolutely hates is rewarding drug use in games with purely positive benefits, and I can't exactly blame them.

It's why you never see people shooting things like heroin an getting pure benefits out of it as teenagers may get the wrong sub-conscious impression.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
rapidoud said:
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Zhukov said:

Morphine changed to Med-X, actually.

One thing the OFLC absolutely hates is rewarding drug use in games with purely positive benefits, and I can't exactly blame them.

It's why you never see people shooting things like heroin an getting pure benefits out of it as teenagers may get the wrong sub-conscious impression.
The reason why you never see people shooting smack and reaping the rewards is simply because there are none.

I think your argument is bullshit too, by extension of your logic the same people who say drugs are evil also believe the use of violence and murder is completely acceptable and should be encouraged. Sex would also be an extreme negative like drugs in their eyes, despite it being widespread amongst almost every living thing.

It's all nonsense.