Conan Scriptwriter Ruminates On Failure

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Was it in the script that he had to have that ridiculus expression(pictured in the article) on most of the time, It looked stupid not intense or angry or scary.

Another issue I had was the fact that conan was uber right from the start able at the young age of 12 to not only pass the manhood test but also kill 4 grown men at the same time, no build up at all hes just an uber warrior right off.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
It doesn't help that they picked a horrible actor to portray Conan. Game of Thrones is a phenomenal series with the exception of this guy's horrible acting. When he was just there it was fine but as soon as the camera focused on him it killed the mood of the scene.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
When a movie is good, critics praise the director. When a movie is bad they blame the writer. Terry Rossio, writer of movies like Shrek, Aladdin and Pirates of the Caribbean has also worked on scripts for Godzilla and The Legend of Zorro, though the movies use drafts that had nothing to do with his work. If you're interested in screenwriting you should read his column "Building the Bomb" about his experiences working on the horrible film adaptation of The Puppet Masters: http://www.wordplayer.com/columns/wp15.Building.the.Bomb.html

znix

Apr 9, 2009
The Expendables sucked dirty rectum, it really did. Predictable, corny and completely ridiculous action relying more on rotoscoping than anything those decrepit actors could muster today.
I'm sure the new Conan is better. I haven't watched it yet, but I can hardly imagine any way it could suck more than that.