Conceiving versus Getting Sterilised: A question

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Okay, just as a preface to the thread, I am neither planning to get someone pregnant, nor am I planning to get a vasectomy.

I have been wondering of late, from people who have either gone to a medical professional for help conceiving, or have sought to had their reproductive bits snipped, or both, how have you found the responses? Were the medical staff helpful, encouraging, resistant/hesitant? Did they super-double-ultra check with you that you wanted a baby/vasectomy(/lady equivalent)? Did they basically go "Alrighty, let's get this show on the road"? And for people who have done both, was there any significant differences in how you were treated?

So a simple format, because there's a bit to this question, simply state which you have done, what the treatment was like, and whether it was different to the other (if either yourself or someone you know has experienced the other for themself).

e.g. Vasectomy: The staff were *descriptor*, they said things such as *words*. My *relation* wanted to try to conceive and *relation's* experience was similar/different *how*.

Obviously that's just a rough guide, feel free to spice it up, or ignore it, I just thought it would be easier to sort through the experiences if there was something beforehand to let us know which you were in for.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
I NEED a vasectomy, but when I spoke to my doctor about it, she was all, "I can't do that, I am not certified."

I am looking into finding a doctor to do it, but I can't seem to find one locally.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
I cannot account for the male side and I will not go into any details on what I have had done, but anything involving making babies/preventing babies on the ladies half is invasive, humiliating, and comes with a pack of hormones with nasty side effects.

Maybe I am being a little dramatic here but making babies is rather traumatic on the ladies lot...penetration, childbirth....and that is if you are lucky enough to do it naturally, When things go wrong it can get pretty nasty.

My things are going wrong (I will spare you the details), but the doctors are very reluctant to remove anything on a woman of child-baring age unless it is life threatening (which it will be when I get older, grrrr). I have found this to generally by the case, nothing gets snipped or removed until you get kids or cancer.

I hate the gynecologist more than the dentist...at least you can bite the dentist.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
bluepilot said:
I hate the gynecologist more than the dentist...at least you can bite the dentist.
Hahaha, I've never done that, my dentists are always pleasant, even if the experience is not. I can just imagine that; "Thtauuh haah! *Bite*" Dentist goes "Aaaah!" and starts waving his hand around, but you are still latched on; size becomes incredibly relative as he flings his hand around the room, your revenge-driven body flopping around like a very persistent, finger-eating eel; I'm not sure how it ends, but it is either with him dying of rabies, or you snarling at the nice orderly as he brings you your meds ... Sorry it didn't have a happier ending.