Conceptions of Beauty

0bserv3

May 7, 2009
Glamorgan said:
Ugh. People. Beauty DOES NOT refer solely to looks!
<spoiler=Definition from Urban Dictionary>Beautiful is a woman who has a distinctive personality, one who can laugh at anything, including themselves, who is especially kind and caring to others. She is a woman who above all else knows the value of having fun, and not taking life too seriously. She is a woman that you can trust and count on to brighten your day. She is a woman who can inexplicably make you feel really good just by being around her, and yet brings such great sadness when she is gone.
As much as I don't trust urban dictionary, this sounds pretty damn accurate to me.

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
2012 Wont Happen said:
LustFull0ne said:
If I like you for who you are, I'll most likely think you're beautiful.

Kinda simple, but hey, I'm a simple guy.
That's a good mentality. Seems like people with that mindset turn out happier than most.
Why, thank you. Unfortunately, I haven't anyone yet.

:(

Oh well, the quest for love continues. ONWARD!!!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
LustFull0ne said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
LustFull0ne said:
If I like you for who you are, I'll most likely think you're beautiful.

Kinda simple, but hey, I'm a simple guy.
That's a good mentality. Seems like people with that mindset turn out happier than most.
Why, thank you. Unfortunately, I haven't anyone yet.

:(

Oh well, the quest for love continues. ONWARD!!!
Same problem here for the most part.

Oh well, I like to think that people with an attitude of caring more about people actions than their looks like we do will end up happier than all these guys you see wandering around obsessed with skinny women with large tits.

mimssy said:
This thread makes me feel vaguely pretty.
Thats good. Its nice to do something (even as mundane as making a thread) that actually makes someone feel sort of good.

Dr. UBAR

Dec 24, 2008
I feel so blessed with this but it is hard to explain.
Here goes.

What society calls beautiful (models) I still find physically attractive however that is never enough for me. I have a weird thing going on in my head that when people are good, nice, honest etc. they actually get beautiful while on the other hand people being generally 'bad' makes them seem uglier. THIS RULES.

Please don't say anything about Shallow Hal.

Zem

Aug 3, 2010
Honestly, I would take the girl next door/normal/"average" girl over Megan Fox any day of the week. Sure, she's pretty hot during moments like the engine scene in Transformers but that's not enough for me to dismiss her missing personality. I would like to think that it's just a misconception that people really go for that type of beauty but maybe I'm wrong.

Btw, I'm only picking on Megan because she tends to be what I've heard a lot of people "say" that they consider to be a perfect 10.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
Shockolate said:
I don't know about you guys, but I find beauty marks to be a turn off.
oh god yea I immediately think there moles.

Glamorgan said:
<spoiler=Definition from Urban Dictionary>Beautiful is a woman who has a distinctive personality, one who can laugh at anything, including themselves, who is especially kind and caring to others. She is a woman who above all else knows the value of having fun, and not taking life too seriously. She is a woman that you can trust and count on to brighten your day. She is a woman who can inexplicably make you feel really good just by being around her, and yet brings such great sadness when she is gone.
<youtube=qLezXLuvNgc>

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
For me, its hard to find any woman beautiful. I guess to me, the few i do have what i call an inner glow. A radiance, a light in their eyes. When they laugh or smile, they dont care how pretty they look.

They do it because they want to.

For males, its pretty much the same thing, though i prefer someone that is decently animated. Eyes are the hugest thing ever for me. to see a depth of intelligence in their looks, that sort of thing.

Also, on a semi related note. When people tend to fake smile. their eyes are generally open and do not change. Like model smiling 90% of the time. A real smile, it doesnt matter if they show a bit of gumline, if the skin around their eyes crinkles a bit. They are merely smiling.
That realness is completely sexy to me.

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Bahaha.. Like anyone here would actually turn Megan Fox down..

Funny shit in this thread.

On topic, I don't really have a clear indication of what I consider beautiful, I have found all different types of looks attractive it just depends on the girl. But I tend to be attracted to cute feminine women who are sexy but modest.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
I'm not sure where I fall in this, I mean I can find an "average" woman very attractive, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't bonk Jessica Biel (or any other conventionally attractive woman*) in a second. I guess there's something else I can't quite put my finger on that determines a "beautiful" woman.

* numerous exceptions (usually celebs)

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
beauty doesent exist... its we who are used to being told and learned what is beautifull rather whats normal, and decent... beauty is more subjective then actual for me

Direwolf750

Apr 14, 2010
I think that all the eyeshadow that is supposed to look attractive, and huge eyelashes, remind me of bugs. Nasty creepy crawly bugs. It isn't attractive, it just looks like they got pranked.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
2012 Wont Happen said:
Julianking93 said:
Mega snip
I don't know about you, but i judge a women by, in that order:

Face: I don't want to know you if my dog's ass look better than you. Otherwise, just a feminine and average to awesome looking face is good.

Personality: It's win or die here. I have spend most of my live growing up with my Mother and my two sisters... And it was hell. I can safely say that if Muslim didn't have the right to beat one of their wife for misbehaving, it would end in bloodshed. No joke. If i can stand her for more than a hour and she don't fall into bitchy attitude, you are good. There will always be a few hiccup ( like don't bother me with the toilet seat. If i have to place it up to pee, you'll have to put it down. ) but it's a matter of compromises. Also, bonus point if you are an interesting person. My last crush was hell bent on conquering the world. Try and top that one!(Yes, she was sane. It was more like a hobby... like Extreme macramé.)

Body: Meah! Not that important... Except for one thing little question. Are you a girl since birth? I don't have anything against "changing side" but I'll consider you as a homosexual in my book. And if this point didn't already cover it, i would have place breast in fourth place.

It all depend from place to place. But that's me. As for Megan Fox, she's hot... and then that's the only thing going for her. According to the cast of Transformers, she's smart as a cabbage and as shallow as her body can allow. She's bound for a shock went she get old.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Glamorgan said:
Your argument is somewhat dampened by the fact that you used a slang dictionary.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Flying-Emu said:
Glamorgan said:
Your argument is somewhat dampened by the fact that you used a slang dictionary.
I don't think he would tell you but i will in his place.
Touché sir, touché!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
AverageJoe said:
Bahaha.. Like anyone here would actually turn Megan Fox down..

Funny shit in this thread.
As a follower of traditionalist straight edge who does not find her attractive in the first place, I think it might be likely that I would.

Akalistos said:
Wow. You have put a lot of thought into that.

+ 5 internetz for easily the most detailed description in the thread.

Citizen.Erased

May 19, 2009
Akalistos said:
I can safely say that if Muslim didn't have the right to beat one of their wife for misbehaving, it would end in bloodshed. No joke.
The fuck are you on about, dear god what a disgusting statement to make.

Sonofadiddly

Dec 19, 2009
Most men do not prefer the ulta-skinny look. I don't know why anyone would want to date Skeletor.

I'm the same way. All the men who are supposed to be super attractive don't appeal to me. I don't like really muscley guys. It's gross. Stop doing crunches. Stop!! Also, I love short guys. I find it to be adorable. Also, trying to kiss a tall guy can be hard on the neck.

Edit: I almost forgot the thing I really wanted to say.

The people I find to be most beautiful are African women. Really African, with the big lips and the nose and the high cheekbones. They just look so proud and regal. I saw a woman like that the other day and I kept staring at her. I'm totally straight, too. I just think they're beautiful.