Conduit 2 Review

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
Alien Presidents? Fascinating. And he travels through a...Stargate, apparently? And if he goes by Stargate to Atlantis, shouldn't he be getting yelled at by David Hewlett and beaten up by Jason Momoa?
And then getting growled at by Todd :3

looks like a bargain bin buy then...have't played Conduit 1 though...maybe I'll find it when I get some money to waste :>

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
believer258 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Want a shooter on the wii?

Either get Goldeneye or Black ops, they are just more fun.
Or Modern Warfare 1. Or CoD3. Or World At War.

Hell, just pick up a CoD game, that's the best you'll get as far as shooters go.
I don't think their are that many people playing WoW and MW1 on this system because of how badly those games have been hacked. CoD3 is fine, but doesn't even have any multiplayer at all. I loved MW1, I used to tear apart everybody with the RPD (why couldn't they bring that gun back! I miss it so...) but I still think Black Ops is the best of what we have.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
Kitsuna10060 said:
o.0?!?

they made a second one? why ...
This was my reaction too. I couldn't even get all the way through the original. I can usually get through a bad story if the gameplay is good enough (see: Torchlight), but Conduit just didn't have anything going for it.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
I can't take anyone seriously who claims that a classic console controller works better than the Wii Motion Plus for a FPS.

Having not played console FPSes in so many years, when I last tried to pick one up I found the typical controller setup to be just awful. I boggled at how I ever played like that. Then Goldeneye on Wii came along and the motion controls were so intuitive I managed to actually sit through and beat the game (and impressive feat for me.).

So whenever someone says game controller > motion controls, I just can't help but think this is a review intended for console junkies and not applicable to the rest of us.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
A very Stargate-like device used for teleporting and that wormhole animation WAS lifted directly from Stargate and they go to Atlantis you say? Well they don't seem to be ripping anything off here.

Also, that plot twist sounds insane in a good and bad way.

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
I loved the first game, because the gameplay really works, and the story is so far of the deep end I really can't help but love it.

This looks to take that even further.
Hooray!

klasbo

Nov 17, 2009
Steve Butts said:
If you're looking for a shooter on the Wii, this is a shooter on the Wii.
Why would you... I...
I don't think this is what the Wii was designed to do...
Slycne said:
SamuelT said:
What was up with that weird corrupted thing at the end?
The game glitched out like that during our capture, and it was just too coincidentally and funny that the main character complains about something being broken.
Conclusive proof. This game is satire.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Jumwa said:
So whenever someone says game controller > motion controls, I just can't help but think this is a review intended for console junkies and not applicable to the rest of us.
How many of you were there writing that message? :)

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
People need to stop trying to compare this with shooters on the xbox and ps3. This game is trying to be a B movie scifi film with AAA production values. Its great and the only thing I could ask for is and arcade mode like onslaught

not the best video to show it but the combos can get really high

MasterRahl

Feb 2, 2010
Want a shooter exclusively for the Wii? Look at Metroid Prime III. There, a lot better.

OT, is this actually better than The Conduit (1)? Cause that one was an immediate, "Crud, I can't believe I bought this." See the ZP for that one, it's 95% accurate.

At least they don't have that stupid sphere in 2? Either that or it wasn't shown.