Confusing Films

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Ivan Brogstog said:
WATCHMEN! What the hell?
Ninja'd, i never read the comics so, plus i feel like it was more of just a fan service movie with all the sex in it.

RDYoungey

Jul 18, 2010
Definitely either The Butterfly Effect or The Box. Bothe made no sense to me until i read the plot online

Gondito

Jul 11, 2009
PurpleSky said:
No Country for Old Men
Really? heres explanation..

Cowboy type dude finds drug money at a failed drug trade, man who was supposed to receive money hunts down cowboy.

dragonslayer32 said:
Inception was pretty hard to follow, along with watchmen and fight club.
major spoilers ahead.

watchmen
vigilantes that fight crime in New York are exiled by the government, vigilantes find out someone is killing their kind, they find out ozymandias, formerly a vigilante, is the murderer. They try to kill him, he then tells them much of new york will have to die to unite the world against a common threat, unfortunately this is Dr. Manhattan. plan works and they prevent another world war.

fight club
main character down on his luck meets tyler durden, who adds excitement back into his life, fight club they create together blows out of proportion when tyler creates a terrorist act to blow up the credit card companies headquarters, resetting american citizens debt. main character realizes tyler durden is his own alter ego. "kills" his alter ego, but its too late to stop the bombing.

inception
depends on what part your confused about. the overall plot or just the third act where they actually plant the memory in fischer?

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
Gondito said:
PurpleSky said:
No Country for Old Men

Cowboy type dude finds drug money at a failed drug trade, man who was supposed to receive money hunts down cowboy.
Yeah but I still was confused,what was the movie about,it had no meaning,it was just a "slasher"? Or was it about the old people -what the sherif was saying at the end- ? I was confused by it's purpose as a movie.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Eraserhead. If you say that you understood what happened, you're a damn liar. Also, The Room.

'THIS ROOM IS TEARING ME APART, LISA!'

dragonslayer32

Jan 11, 2010
Gondito said:
PurpleSky said:
No Country for Old Men

dragonslayer32 said:
Inception was pretty hard to follow, along with watchmen and fight club.

inception
depends on what part your confused about. the overall plot or just the third act where they actually plant the memory in fischer?
The whole thing really, it blew my mind in epic proportions.

nelsonr100

Apr 15, 2009
Ivan Brogstog said:
WATCHMEN! What the hell?
Definitely recommend reading the comic before watching the film. I found it made the film much more enjoyable because it brought the novel to life

Gondito

Jul 11, 2009
PurpleSky said:
Gondito said:
PurpleSky said:
No Country for Old Men

Yeah but I still was confused,what was the movie about,it had no meaning,it was just a "slasher"? Or was it about the old people -what the sherif was saying at the end- ? I was confused by it's purpose as a movie.
Heh, well heres the thing, It's a Coen Brother's film, and allllll of their movies are notorious for not having any meaning, it's more about the ride than the outcome. If you've seen Burn After Reading, which is another Coen Brothers movie, at the end a couple of the characters kind of make fun of how the movie was pointless and that they didnt learn anything, in true4 Coen Brothers fashion.

GuerrillaClock

Jul 11, 2008
I always found Solaris a nightmare to understand, but then I never seem to be paying full attention when I see it.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
The Departed and Smokin' Aces 2. I have NO clue what happened. Or who that guy in the vault thingy was.

TartanLlama

May 18, 2009
Begotten
Pi
Primer
Eraserhead
Tetsuo: The Iron Man
A Snake Of June
L'Age D'Or
Meshes Of An Afternoon
Un Chien Andalou
At Land
L'Etoile De Mer
Le Sang D'Un Poet
Inland Empire

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Casual Shinji said:
Scanner Darkly
Paprika

They looked great, but confusing as hell.
Oooh, I have Paprika and watched it(I fell asleep during some point in it though). The only thing I don't understand is how
dreams started to meld with reality, and how the Paprika-thing managed to take down the Big Bad by eating him.

xavi

Jul 1, 2010
Everybody's first watch of Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Inception, and American Psycho.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Steambroom said:
Mullholand Drive.

When you see it, you'll shit bricks.
I've been wanting to see that for ages! Purely because of the brick-shitting thing...

Anyway, my answer to this is The Matrix. Though I finally understood it after a while and a lot of Fridge Logic, just before my DVD collection was stolen. And although half my DVDs were replaced by the insurance company, they couldn't find copies of the Matrix films anywhere (which is stupid because I can find several copies in my local CEX alone...)...

Oh, and also, for confusion or brick-shitting, see half of Lars von Trier's films. Half are mindfucking (like Antichrist), the other half are purely experimental (like Dogville). And all are super-special awesome... :D