Congrats Escapist.....

YukoValis

Aug 9, 2008
You just made your site more annoying to navigate yet again. I'm not trying to grief or flame, I'm just posting my opinion here. First change was awhile ago when you changed the look of the forum posts on the right, and since then I haven't used the forums (until now obviously) Now you took out all the quick menu drops for your movies and features, and because of that I fear I won't be watching all the videos I normally do. Why make it more complicated? Wasn't it yahtzee himself that said the less clicks the better?

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
I'll admit that the new format is less than easy on the eyes... They made it visually more simplistic, only to make it more difficult to navigate.

Dec 14, 2009
Really?

I'm not having any problems with it.

Hmm, weird that, only people who seems to dislike the layout, make threads to complain about it.

[sub]As opposed to people who like the layout making threads to complain about it, stupid I know.[/sub]

Don't see any threads praising the new layout.

What? I have to click one more link to get to my content?

[HEADING=1]Forever ruined![/HEADING]

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I actually like this one. I'm learning how to navigate it much quicker than I did the last time they changed it, but maybe that's just me.

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I actually like this one. I'm learning how to navigate it much quicker than I did the last time they changed it, but maybe that's just me.
I dunno, it's the white-on-grey that gets to me.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Really?

Hmm, weird that, only people who seems to dislike the layout, make threads to complain about it.

[sub]As opposed to people who like the layout making threads to complain about it, stupid I know.[/sub]

These threads are especially silly considering this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.378808-Check-out-The-Escapists-Updated-Layout

Wow! A thread that the Escapist staff looks at where you can comment on the new format!

Dec 14, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Really?

These threads are especially silly considering this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/6.378808-Check-out-The-Escapists-Updated-Layout

Wow! A thread that the Escapist staff looks at where you can comment on the new format!
Gee, it's almost like these people want attention :D

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
My initial reaction wasn't overwhelmingly positive, but I'm quickly getting used to the new site.

Just a matter of adjustment is all.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I think it looks fantastic. Beautiful dark blue around the window and pretty slick navigation. I can see the argument over too much white, but I have it set to a cool grey, so it looks good and is easy on the eyes.