Connecting PS3 to DELL SE198WFP Monitor [HALP!]

Kirbymike

Feb 15, 2010
I just recently bought a DVI to HDMI Cable 6ft Male-Male Cable ( http://www.amazon.com/DVI-HDMI-Cable-6ft-Male-Male/dp/B0002CZHN6 ) in order to hook up my PS3 to a DELL SE198WFP Monitor. However, I have been unable to get it to work. I've connected it fine, both the monitor and PS3 receiving power.I initially held the on button for five seconds at launch of the console in order to reset/detect the output resolution/format, however, I am yet to get any picture.
The monitor itself has what seems to be 3 ports, two of which are analog, and the final as digital, which I'm told to have connected to. I was also instructed by an associate to access the monitor's menu in order to change what port the monitor utilizes (i.e. rgb, dvi, etc.)
I have not been able to access the menu while not having the COMPUTER connected, and even at that, it shows nothing about changing cable ports.

Please help, for I am stumped!

Kirbymike

Feb 15, 2010
Update: I am mistaken, there are not 3 channels. There's an auto detect, analog, and digital.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
There's usually a 'source' or 'input' option on the monitor. The icon is usually a square with an arrow pointing in it. Try using that to set the input to digital/DVI.

Kirbymike

Feb 15, 2010
No dice.
When I switch it to that channel, it detects no signal and goes into sleep mode.