Consented Canabalism - be warned because its far worse than it sounds - seriously its really creepy

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Great job mankind, another huge fucking step backwards on our scale. I hope Aliens come to the planet and see the video of that guy cutting his dick off and eating him, so they can put us out of our misery. Seriously, what the shit.

And who the hell are the fuckin lawyers on this case? You have to really be a top of the line crap eater if you try to let this guy go free.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Xiado said:
Sober Thal said:
It doesn't matter that someone tells you commit a crime, it's still a crime.
I disagree. The idea of "crime" is that you're infringing on someone's rights. Giving someone money is not the equivalent of them stealing from you and telling someone to kill you is not the equivalent of them murdering you. The right to life implies the right to death the same way the right to property implies the right to give it away.
You've got a full right to death.
You just don't have a right to kill, even if with consent.

It's not the murdered one who was doing wrong, it's the murderer who did wrong.

Dwarf_Ninjas

Jan 6, 2011
I usually like to express my opinion through comedic ways, because I think that helps some people understand your thoughts on an issue. Maybe like how he advertised to "eat someone", the guy could have confused it with sexually, instead of psychically.

But I read that article, and seriously, I don't get it. I mean. The hell? This actually HAPPENED!?

Regardless of the idea of a crime (even though I believe assisted suicide SHOULD be a crime, regardless of circumstances), this man has had a taste of blood and flesh. His already deteriorated state of mind, added with this cannibalism act is only going to spell trouble later. When you have the taste of something you like, you are obviously going to want more. While a rational person can curb their impulses on regular foods, it seems this man didn't have a stable mind from the start (with his childhood), so its only a guess in the dark if he can control the impulses. It may not happen soon, but if he had the urge to eat someone else, what then? [just because the first one has a "deeper" meaning, won't mean the next one will]

Whether or not he is convicted of an actual crime (murder of the person), this guy belongs in an asylum.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
l33tness08 said:
renegade7 said:
Wow that is fucked up...assisted suicide is a crime because people who have a death wish can be treated.

Seriously, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that all the people saying "Well it was his choice" have never known anyone who committed suicide.
Thats a pretty bloody big assumtion to make. I bet you've never known someone who was in so much suffering that all they wanted was to go to sleep and not wake up.
Yes, I did, and then he hung himself, and if he'd gotten help then a life might not have been lost.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Arontala said:
renegade7 said:
l33tness08 said:
renegade7 said:
Wow that is fucked up...assisted suicide is a crime because people who have a death wish can be treated.

Seriously, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that all the people saying "Well it was his choice" have never known anyone who committed suicide.
Thats a pretty bloody big assumtion to make. I bet you've never known someone who was in so much suffering that all they wanted was to go to sleep and not wake up.
Yes, I did, and then he hung himself, and if he'd gotten help then a life might not have been lost.
Not trying to start an argument here, but how would you know that he wouldn't just try again, even if he got "help"?
Well there's nothing to say for certain he won't, obviously. But intervention does significantly reduce the likelihood. And offering to assist suicide probably isn't doing much to prevent it.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Is it weird that I find the strangest thing about this story to be that they ate his penis first and together?

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
renegade7 said:
Personally, I'm not as interested in the argument about assisted suicide as I am in the argument about the inherent morality of cannibalism itself, but who am I to dictate what this thread is interested in?

The assumption throughout your argument seems to be that it's wrong for people to kill themselves. This is different from saying that you don't like it when people kill themselves. If I had it my way, no one would ever be so eager for death that they would opt to bring themselves to it. But things are not wrong simply because they upset us. Homosexuality is very upsetting for a lot of people, but that doesn't make it wrong for someone to have gay sex. What I think is the crucial point here is whether the consequences of suicide outweigh the right of the individual to make his own decisions about his fate. It seems to me that, regardless of the fact that people will mourn the loss of that life, the right to choose one's destiny, even if that destiny is premature death, supersedes other considerations.

At the same time, I can see the argument about incapacity. If someone is suffering from a mental illness that prevents them from seeing better alternatives to suicide, it would seem criminal to not stop them and treat them. I would just be careful about assuming that all instances of suicidal thoughts are results of mental illness, and not rational decision.

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
SilentJay22 said:
The first thing that popped into my mind was Eaten by Bloodbath. Fits quite nicely.
funny that you picked this video, because I have another one in mind. It actually is about the "Der Metzgermeister" (the cannibal in the article)

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
PunkRex said:
Is it weird that I find the strangest thing about this story to be that they ate his penis first and together?
I thought that too.

idarkphoenixi said:
Apparently it's really easy in Germany to find someone who will butcher and eat you...
Wow, this woman could have just traveled and made her search a whole lot easier.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
What side dish do you serve when sharing someone's penis with themselves? Is that a Wilted spinach kind of affair or maybe potato salad?

DoubleTime

Apr 23, 2010
Wow, I've known about this for a long time actually. There was even a disturbing DD on it on deviantART. (Don't look if you don't want to see a penis)

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=meiwes#/d2jrg3w

I guess it's a sign of how much I read about this sort of thing, but honestly this one seems almost tame in comparison to some things. Dr. Lecter had to come from somewhere.

Fun fact of the day: Did you know Silence of the Lambs is based on a true story? His name was Ed Gein.

http://www.oddee.com/item_97961.aspx

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
I had actually read about this case a few years ago, it's interesting that they came to a conclusion to it.

While this is one of the most disturbing cases I've read about in relation to cannibalism, I am not sure that I agree with the ruling. Murder on request holds up to 5 years and I don't think that what happens to the body after the murder is complete should be material in the sentencing process in this instance. He is not a danger to society, but he is a pervert.

While idealistically I disagree with the rulings, I'm not going to start a free Armin Meiwes campaign. I'm perfectly okay with him being in the slammer forever.

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
It doesn't matter if someone gives you permission or not. If you are willing to kill someone and eat them then there is something deeply wrong with you and should be removed from society. Oh and by the way:

'Psychiatrists told the court in the original hearing that Meiwes was perfectly sane, despite being deeply disturbed and obsessed with cannibalism since puberty'

Worst. Pshychiatrist. Ever.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Legally, I'm assuming the judge made the correct decision. I know here in the US, the law does not grant us the right to end our lives.

Philosophically speaking, individual autonomy is essential for a free society, I would think. Ownership of one's self implies the ability to end one's own life. They both made a shit decision, but not one that I think should be illegal.