Consented Canabalism - be warned because its far worse than it sounds - seriously its really creepy

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Honestly, i really don't see any problem here...if that's how you want to go then your decision. However i don't think anyone would eat me even if i asked since i only take a bath ounce a week, lol.

And on a more or less unrelated i found a book on cannibalism in the school library that was incredibly graphic. the book wasn't afraid of grossing people out. let me just put it that way....It was hard to keep a straight face when i signed out the book.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
This is a five year old article that I imagine you're only now aware of because of the Guardians Facebook app.

He was sentenced to manslaughter, then later re-sentenced to murder.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
whatever the law says for assisted suicide should be applied here. that's what he should be charged with. don't get me wrong, he's fucked up and completely demented, but i doubt you can charge someone for being fucked up. a better way this situation should have ended is the person he ate got the help he needed, and this guy just suppressed his desire to eat someone. or maybe he could try and join an army, they use him for psychological warfare. the moment the enemy sees him running up with a heart in his hand that he starts devouring would send most running. i don't know, i'm just pulling ideas out of my ass. but the main point i want to get across is that he should be charged with assisted suicide, nothing more. or manslaughter, if the former is not an actual charge

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
Xiado said:
Sober Thal said:
It doesn't matter that someone tells you commit a crime, it's still a crime.
I disagree. The idea of "crime" is that you're infringing on someone's rights. Giving someone money is not the equivalent of them stealing from you and telling someone to kill you is not the equivalent of them murdering you. The right to life implies the right to death the same way the right to property implies the right to give it away.
Malum in se clearly applies to cannibalism and murder, therefore, this is one of the most serious crimes.

Plus you can't let something like this pass in court it provides a dangerous president. I kidnap you then force you to sign this at gunpoint. Or I kidnap your friends/family and force you to sign something saying you agree to be eaten alive.

cheese_wizington

Aug 16, 2009
Tharwen said:
That's... unusual. Hasn't this happened in Germany before? I think I've heard about it somewhere.

Old Trailmix said:
And who the hell are the fuckin lawyers on this case? You have to really be a top of the line crap eater if you try to let this guy go free.
Everyone has the right to a fair trial. Even if the fair outcome is a life sentence, both sides should be presented as well as possible.
That does not stop defense lawyers from being complete assholes, though.

excentric22

Sep 8, 2011
Shark Wrangler said:
hey well if the guy wanted to be eaten, whats the problem. Of course people have a problem with suicide in general and its none of their damn business. Want out of this life, then its my choice and you don't get a say in the matter. What really pisses me off is when people say its the cowards way out. Oh yeah, how so, because the people that loved him, will miss him? You know I find it disgusting that your being selfish on a choice that was probably made a long time ago. Love how people try to cling on to other peoples problems and make it their own. Don't know whats going on inside of me, you don't get to tell me its going to get better, maybe I don't care about what this world has to offer and I just want out.
He had a severe mental illness, so he was in no way able to consent to ANYTHING like that. Theres a reason people arent allowed to make big decisions about stuff like that when theyre in that type of mental state.

You might live in a void, but the rest of us dont.

chawlie fair

Jul 19, 2011
"Meiwes cut off his penis and cooked it for them to share as a last meal."
0.o
Still a crime, I don't think it should be life, but still a crime.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
You know, it's screwed up, but he really should have been charged and convicted with "assisted suicide" or an equivalent crime. The "victim" obviously would have done it himself otherwise -- I'm not sure how else you could interpret video footage of a man allowing his penis to be cut off, and then willingly eating it as a last meal before passing out from the blood loss and being butchered by the other party. So it's seriously effed up, but so is convicting the guy who did it of first degree murder; first degree murder involves malicious intent, and I don't see how "killing a person who asked you to kill him" counts as malicious intent. It would be like a country that has sodomy laws convicting someone who participated in consensual sodomy of rape, in addition to sodomy. It just doesn't work that way.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
What kind of dinner conversation was that, I wonder? Anyway, I'll have to remember this for the next time I play "Florid or Germany?"

McMullen

Mar 9, 2010
TheNewDemoman said:
No doesn't matter. Murder is murder, just because someone wants to end there life doesn't mean you shouldn't help them -_-.
Why? And what is your response to this:
Xiado said:
I disagree. The idea of "crime" is that you're infringing on someone's rights. Giving someone money is not the equivalent of them stealing from you and telling someone to kill you is not the equivalent of them murdering you. The right to life implies the right to death the same way the right to property implies the right to give it away.
Your "Murder is murder" sounds to me like an unwillingness to really consider the matter. I don't think you've really thought it through.

Rin Little

Jul 24, 2011
I remember hearing about this ages ago... I honestly don't know what to make of it other than they're both nuts. The guy would be charged with murder no matter what in the U.S. just because they made suicide technically illegal (people were getting sued for saving others who were trying to commit suicide), so the "murder on request" thing wouldn't fly here.

excentric22

Sep 8, 2011
Shark Wrangler said:
excentric22 said:
Shark Wrangler said:
hey well if the guy wanted to be eaten, whats the problem. Of course people have a problem with suicide in general and its none of their damn business. Want out of this life, then its my choice and you don't get a say in the matter. What really pisses me off is when people say its the cowards way out. Oh yeah, how so, because the people that loved him, will miss him? You know I find it disgusting that your being selfish on a choice that was probably made a long time ago. Love how people try to cling on to other peoples problems and make it their own. Don't know whats going on inside of me, you don't get to tell me its going to get better, maybe I don't care about what this world has to offer and I just want out.
He had a severe mental illness, so he was in no way able to consent to ANYTHING like that. Theres a reason people arent allowed to make big decisions about stuff like that when theyre in that type of mental state.

You might live in a void, but the rest of us dont.
Hey well if people didn't have such a fear of death, then suicide would not even be that big of a deal. Of course the void comment makes no sense because your blaming his mental illness. Well it sounds like to me that he should of had the common sense to realize that being eaten is probably not a good way to go. Was not mentally challenged, there for can make those basic survival situations that we make on a daily basis. Of course none of this is going to sink in and I am guessing your one of those people that blames the condition of what the person is in. You ask me to shoot you in the face and I do it, should I take your depression into account. Like to think that your an adult and should probably think about what comes out of your mouth. Don't like this bullcrap of calling something one thing, when you should just focus on the situation at hand.
1. the void comment was put there to talk about you talking about how people who want to stop people from killing themselves are selfish. hence the new paragraph...

2. Their mental illness DOES affect their ability to make competant decisions. Hence why we can restrain suicidal people in mental hospitals. There is a HUGE differance between someone who is in constant pain, but is mentally fine, arguing for assisted suicide, and someone whos mentally unstable, most likely do to chemical imbalances in the brain, who wouldnt make the same decision if properly medicated and treated.

3. "If people didnt have a fear of death it would be ok"? well, unfortunately for you people DO have a fear of death. you cant just pick and choose what basic human instincts you want to find applicable in a situation like this.

Keymik

Oct 18, 2008
This most likely started as some dirty talking foreplay
''Eat me up baby!''
''Alright..'' *nom nom nom*

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
Well... why waste all that food :p ? As for suicide, I think I would go mad if I ever realised I couldn't kill myself as what is the ultimate choice of free will? To deny ones existence I would think so and since we don't get to choose to be born I think you should be allowed to kill yourself but the guy has broken Germany's law so should be dealt as such. As for cannibalism, it's more of a culture clash like going to a place where people eat bugs, to most (Of western culture) it would seem barbaric but there is no reason as to why you shouldn't eat them, as far as I am aware they don't cause leprosy or something.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah I saw a movie about this story. It was called Grim Love, it reminded me of a more tame Human Centipede. It was alright I guess.

Yeah that is murder, its one thing to have a chronic life ending illness and another to be that psychologically screwed up. So I could see where Kevorkian was getting at to an extent but this one is just a whack-a-doodle.