Consiparcy Theories

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I only ever believed one conspiracy theory - that the U.S. government was responsible for 9/11. It always seemed to have worked too perfectly for them.
http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

check that out. the first part is some stuff which attempts to disprove all mainstream religions at once (mainly Christianity though). part 2 is by far the best compilation of 9/11 conspiracies I have EVER seen. and then part 3 raps it up with billion dollar banker dudes who rule the world (Bilderberg much?).

TerribleTerryTate

Feb 4, 2008
The conspiracies on 9/11 are the best ones out there by far. Watching things like Loose Change and a few others on it, you begin to realise just how plausible their conspiracies actually are. It isn't just one occurance that is a little dodgy, there's dozens of occurances that are dodgy. As 'Glitches are cool' said the whole idea of a passport flying out of an 'airplane' that exploded into tiny pieces and being in prestine condition...well, wtf.
I believe at some stage it's brought to your attention that in the whole history of aviation there have been like one or two blackboxes gone missing. Yet all three went missing on the same day, on 9/11.
Things like that make me skeptical, but as some of you guys have said, some of the conspiracies are way too far fetched. It's almost like they are just trying to get as many points as possible, without acknowledging how crazy they sound.

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
Lordy, that website is a joke.

*Sigh* As a student of Philosphy(thats not a pretention, I'm currently studying for a degree in it)I am both amused and fairly aggravated.

Their "proof" is rediculous, espcially in the UFO section, with areas that clearly show authorial intent to display heaven being shown as a UFO. Also laughable is the perfect, chalk white UFO symbol on a cave wall, that hasn't deteriorated at all in thousand years. Oh, and the greatest insult? The mother-fracking pencil drawing on roughed up modern paper image of an alien in a suit

Forget opinion and respecting what others have to say, if you take that junk as proof of UFOs :-

You are an idiot

PS: Whats even more bloody aggravating is that they go on about the truth being incredibly difficult to know(on which I fully agree) then paint their own take as cold hard fact.

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
TerribleTerryTate said:
I believe at some stage it's brought to your attention that in the whole history of aviation there have been like one or two blackboxes gone missing. Yet all three went missing on the same day, on 9/11.
Things like that make me skeptical, but as some of you guys have said, some of the conspiracies are way too far fetched. It's almost like they are just trying to get as many points as possible, without acknowledging how crazy they sound.
actually all black boxes where recovered but none where released to the public.

Mr Wednesday said:
Forget opinion and respecting what others have to say, if you take that junk as proof of UFOs

You are an idiot

PS: Whats even more bloody aggravating is that they go on about the truth being incredibly difficult to know(on which I fully agree) then paint their own take as cold hard fact.
take it easy man. this thread is just a discussion on what conspiracies theories you are drawn to the most. i didn't say i believed any of that. All i said was i like hollow-earth theory, because i think that its pretty cool.

GrowlersAtSea

Nov 14, 2007
Most conspiracy theories just make me smile. They're facinating to me, not usually for their substance (usually revolve around shadowy governments, Jews, Aliens or big business, whatever boogey-man floats the boat of the audience) but for the psychology behind them.

There are fascinating forces at work, really. Let's face it, even if you believe in conspiracy theories, in the end there is only one history and one thing that actually happened. So just by default, even if every major event in history was the result of a conspiracy of some kind, the vast majority of conspiracy theories are still wrong, because only one thing could have happened.

But most people who believe in conspiracy theories do just that, believe. It's very unwise to actually engage them, because it is almost a religious ideal, usually not even rooted in fact, but feelings and faith. And you can't argue someone's religion and win. At best, you walk away a draw and agree to disagree, at worst people freak out and the insults start flying on all sides.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of them in general. The world, from my experience, isn't a well ordered machine. It can terrible, and random, and that is discomforting.

To some, all controlling hands of unseen shadowy figures that control world events, to others it's God in heaven guiding the world. Others, it's aliens who planted us here.

People want to believe in something. Something interesting. Just two weeks after the Kennedy Assassination, the majority of Americans, even though a full investigation hadn't been done, thought there was a conspiracy. Mrs Kennedy and Governor Connelly even in the car after the shots rang out were screaming about how the anonymous "they" who were attacking them. People want to believe, and even assume, that greater forces are always at work. It's the way we are.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
NotPigeon said:
Knight Templar said:
captainwillies said:
My favourite is Hollow-Earth theory. in which the earth is hollow and people live on the inside :D

for more just check this site out
http://www.truthism.com/
the contradiction in this is crazy! Also
crazy guy- "your wrong because you cant give any proof".
normal guy-"But look at all these writing and buildings"!
crazy guy- "That doesnt count because its fake."
normal guy- "how do you know yours isnt"!
crazy guy- "because its the truth"
normal guy- "fuck off reptile boy."
Sorry, but your argument is logically invalid. First off, "You're wrong because you can't give any proof" is a logical fallacy. "Lack of proof is not disproof," as it were.
And "That doesn't count because it's fake" and "Because it's the truth" are both examples of the Bare Assertion fallacy, as they both boil down to "Because I said so."

You completely missed the point. Or maeby you are just in need of a scarsim button, who knows.

.... Hang on, am I missing the point here?

Glitches are cool

Feb 13, 2008
Regarding the Kennedy shooting, though, you have to admit that his brain's disappearance from the National Archives is a tad sketchy.

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
captainwillies said:
TerribleTerryTate said:
actually all black boxes where recovered but none where released to the public.

Mr Wednesday said:
Forget opinion and respecting what others have to say, if you take that junk as proof of UFOs

You are an idiot

take it easy man. this thread is just a discussion on what conspiracies theories you are drawn to the most. i didn't say i believed any of that. All i said was i like hollow-earth theory, because i think that its pretty cool.
It wasn't directed at you mate.

Dealin Burgers

Feb 21, 2008
Lol, faked moon landing is my favourite theory, so stupid, so futile.
Anyone know if there are any Hindenberg (spelling?) conspiracy theories? kinda seems like there should be

Oh, and i'd totally hunt the guy from the above post. Man's the best prey

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
i find the 9/11 conspiracy theories interesting. There's a lot to say about them, like the fact that you can count with your hands the number of steel-based buildings that fell due to a fire. Also, I'm pretty curious about the reason why they haven't divulged the black boxes.

Also bin laden used to be a cia asset in afghanistan. The american government trained him and his taliban to fight of the russian. So, if this all isn't a big bad conspiracy, it's kinda ironic that the greatest fighters against terrorism trained the terrorists who attacked them.

ALSO, ALSO... baah, there's just too much to it. You get the point.

H0ncho

Feb 4, 2008
It honestly boggles my mind sometimes that the American people couldn't tell the difference between Al Gore, someone who has taken it upon his own shoulders, as a private citizen, to save the world from annihilation,
You know - the only thing that bothers me more than fanboyism is the political version of fanboyism - partisanship. I'm sorry, but Al Gore is every bit as rotten as the other politicians. When he had the chance he did the same with Kyoto as Bush did [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho0Lda-i3oY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvampus%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F]. Bush, he is bad, but remember that there was overwhelming support from the American people to go into Iraq. I can't imagine any president *not* going into Iraq as the American people usually consider a president better if he has gone to war. No, don't protest: The top rated American presidents are almost all of them there because they have brought destruction and death upon some place at a previously unprecedented scale.

Break

And you are?
Sep 10, 2007
Dealin Burgers said:
Lol, faked moon landing is my favourite theory, so stupid, so futile.
What do you mean by "futile", exactly? Is it that there wouldn't be enough of a motive for the US to fake the moon landing? Would you mind elaborating on why you find that particular theory so funny?

GrowlersAtSea

Nov 14, 2007
What's funny, I think, about Moon Landing conspiracies is that the reason they say the Moon Landings were faked were to beat the Soviets when it couldn't be done, but at the same time, the Soviets would have had to have been in on it, since they were in possession of technology that allowed them to track spacecraft (designed for their own attempts, including their unmanned forays to the Moon).

So the people who would most benefit from exposing the operation as a hoax, and in possession of equipment to do so didn't. Intelligence agencies aside since the Soviets were very efficient spies (they had the eyes in even the Manhattan Project, after all). There were also other people tracking the landings (some Radio Telescopes at the time were capable of it), but people could argue they were paid exorbitant amounts of money or threatened by aliens or whatever to lie, I suppose.

It just doesn't pass the logic smell test to me. Unless an unmanned craft was sent to the Moon and back with recordings and robotics to play pre-recorded film back to the Earth, but then it starts getting more complex and expensive to fake than it would be to do for real.

Also, the film Zeitgeist has a lot of strange logical deductions and factual missteps. It's strange how it resonates, but it uses an almost Cold-War era presentation about the bogey-men in the closets waiting (or, for the younger people among us, terrorists). Just instead of governments scaring people to provoke allegiance, it's entrepreneurs doing it to make money on the Internet.

Strange how little changes, and how similar everyone is in the end. Most conspiracy theorists aren't out there to change the world, they're out there, like everyone else, trying to get rich and famous.