Console exclusives that would have been great on PC

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
gmaverick019 said:
Assumptions, asssumptions, assumptions!

endtherapture didn't say anything bad about consoles beyond not being comfortable with the controls, why do you immediately jump to disguises and pc master race talk? they didn't mention anything beyond personal preference, so please, tone it down.
You learn to notice these things at a glance when you've seen enough of them, however ultimately my intention wasn't what you think. I list it quite clearly and a post right near the start of a thread goes a long way in achieving that as nobody would like to prove me right now would they...

gmaverick019 said:
how is modding the only "credible" response? I much prefer to play at my desk as well, my chair is comfy and the desk height is perfect for my arms to sit at, not to mention all the other things I typically have in front of me while gaming (food/drink by my arm, playing in windowed mode to watch shows or listen to music in the other part of the screen). controls can vary greatly for me personally depending on the game, sometimes a controller feels more natural then the KB+M not to mention maybe 2% of the games I play are multiplayer, so why should I care what other people are using, big deal? why is that not credible?

why is red dead redemption overmentioned? is this not entirely subjective on what someone would like to see on a different platform? you yourself mentioned people like different things, so why is it worth mentioning with that tone?
You speak as if you can't plug a console up to a monitor. That misconception might well be bigger than the one of not being able to plug a PC to a TV.
The rest you mentioned is also irrelevant as a concept called having multiple monitors exists. All that you mentioned can be easily replicated while playing a console... but wait that would imply that a gamer would having a gaming PC and console *gasp*.

gmaverick019 said:
now perhaps there is some odd reference in there, but what in the heck does your wikipedia reference have anything to do with this thread? there is some very weak link in there perhaps when referencing properties (or in this case, IP's), otherwise I don't get it.
Simple. Me saying three words in a row like that could be constructed as me being rude, angry, or whatever else and trust me people have gotten angry at far less. The link was to tell them it was just a reference that I felt very apt at the time.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Michael Tabbut said:
seris said:
Obviously halo 3, odst, reach and 4. maybe some of the GoW games
By GOW do you mean Gears of War or God of War, Gears 1 had a PC port but if I remember correctly it was crap

OT Nintendo games (Metroid Prime 1-3 especially). It will never ever happen but I think the Metroid Prime series would be perfect if given a competent port.
Oh God you reminded me of the Gears of War 1 port. I must find my disc and destroy it.

I'd love to see Silent Hill Downpour on PC, that delicious 60fps with one of my favourite Silent Hill games yum yum.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I like how this thread exists basically on the assumption that if a game is on PC modding is automatically possible, let alone practical, which could not possibly be more disjointed from reality. And even if the game is modifiable it has about a 1 in 100 chance of actually getting a talented mod community to grow around it.

KingsGambit said:
it would unfortunately mean they would make millions of dollars and we know they hate money so it just won't happen.
I... What? So spending a large amount of money to make a PC port of a semi-obscure game that didn't even sell that well on console and plays better with a controller, and further investing huge amounts of time and money to both somehow develop a mod kit and prevent the online from instantly being flooded with flagrantly hacked pawns, and then futility praying that your game that almost no one cared about the first time somehow manages to get both mad sales and and attract modders somehow equals "millions of dollars"? I thought DD was ok, but think you are getting hit real hard by wishful thinking there.

OT: Um, Destiny I guess. FPS, MOBA, and RTS are the only games I don't prefer on console and the latter two are almost always PC exclusive anyway, but I would totally buy Destiny again to play with KB+M. But for just about everything else I would rather flop down in the comfy recliner/couch grab my controller throw on my snuggie (fuck you its soft and warm, don't judge me), mix some sprite and vodka and just chill.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Rozalia1 said:
BEHOLD! THE GLORIOUS CONSOLE GODS!!

Some people can't have their PC's and consoles in the same room. Some people prefer a controller, couch, and popcorn on the coffee-table. Some people prefer the ol' two-monitor setup, comfy office chair, and a bottle of beer near the mouse. It's really all taste, and what we've gotten used to. People on the controllers tend to follow a more timing based motion, where as people with the mouse are more twitchy. Very difficult to be twitchy with a controller. I guess the notion of hooking up a console to a monitor is rather obviously true with this generation, but last generation and previous, that was a very difficult, and sometimes expensive notion. My original X-box actually cost $30 to get that sucker on a KVM.

We all have our preferences, and fetishes. I still don't know the original "pattern" you've noticed because I've yet to see anything of this particular vein that is actually note-worthy. So, my assumption is that you've noticed a trend with the user? Anyway, this is getting off-topic, and is largely unimportant. There's only one way to play games right. Have fun with them. :3c

As for the topic?

I think Phantom crash could have benefited greatly within the modding community, as well as a mouse and keyboard setup. It could have also benefited from more content, but... Eeh. Small company. Same with the FFT games. They feel like they're built for a Mouse+KB, just like X-Com, even if they've still done a good job utilizing the controller. With the exception of the games on the Dual-Screen. Touch did not work well at all.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Well, all of them. Exclusivity is a thing that makes sense on a business level, but sucks on the consumer level. So if I prefer the controls of a PC, but I want to play Halo, then tough luck? In the perfect world, there would be no exclusives, but im sure that Sony/ Microsoft/ Nintendo would rather cut off their own hands than see their system sellers travel over to another platform. That being said though -

Halo. I grew up as a big Halo nut, and I get a little misty-eyed whenever I look at it. I would kill for the Master Chief Collection to come to PC, and it really would make sense seeing as we got the first two games, and it would be a perfect time to show the PC crowd that Microsoft actually cares. That and it is a shooter, so it really makes sense for it to be ported over. Also and Ryse and Dead Rising 3 have already jumped ship, so I wouldn't be too surprised if more did too.

Destiny. I've only played a little of it, but from what I played, I really enjoyed. Once again, it would make sense for it to come to PC seeing as it is pretty much a mish-mash of a bunch of genres that make the most sense on a PC. Dammit Bungie.

The Last of Us. I haven't owned a Sony console since the PS2 and when my brother briefly owned a PS3. Pretty much everybody that I have spoken to about The Last of Us said that it is one of the best games on the platform, and it sounds exactly like something that I would be all over. The odds of a port are, however, very, very slim.

Uncharted. Like The Last of Us, Uncharted is often hailed as being one of the best games on the system, and it just seems like a charming game. C'mon Naughty Dog, why do all of your games seem so good?

Red Dead Redemption. I wouldn't be surprised if Red Dead Redemption ends up being the only Rockstar game that I actually enjoy. I love the setting, I love the characters, and the game is just fun to run around in. Even the DLC rocks. Hopefully one day, the game will grace us, but those poopy controls can stay over there. The guy that makes the control scheme needs to rethink his life.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
endtherapture said:
I'm really gutted the Halo games never made the full transition to PC. Not only did I actually want to finish the story, but I'm sure a map and modding community would have been really strong on the PC and it could have had a strong competitive scene. Sadly since I won't ever get an Xbox they won't be played.
1). Halo 3 was the last good Halo game and wasn't any real improvement over Halo 2. If you played the first 2 games on PC, you've already experienced the high points of the series.

2). It's likely that Microsoft will eventually re-release the Halo series on PC. Their console is the worst-performing of all 3 in this generation, and the console business model is becoming less viable.

3). Every exclusive eventually comes to PC with emulation.

SoreWristed

Dec 26, 2014
I would have loved to be able to play Killzone on a pc, not just because i prefer a mouse playing shooters, but also for the added life the online would have had. The killzone 2 or 3's online multiplayers was nearly dead on release and that was mostly due to bad reputation the playstation online multiplayer had. It's obviously better now with the late ps3 and ps4 online in my experience, but the killzone we have for that generation is bad all by it's self.

I would also have liked to play the Halo series, and while i haven't played the pc port for Halo, the trailers and snippets of story i heard here and there really got me interested. But obviously not enough to get me to buy an xbox 360 to be used solely as a halo machine...

Emulation has already ridded me of not owning a gamecube, because i loved wind waker and Thousand year door.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Rozalia1 said:
Those who'd rather play at a desk are... well being dishonest to themselves, or have some odd fetish.
"i dont like X, therefore nobody is allowed to like X"

is that what you are saying?, why do you always come in defense of consoles each time someone mentions PC?

Jiggle Counter

Sep 18, 2014
endtherapture said:
What console exclusives do you think would have been great on PC - either due to a modding community, ability for different controls such as a mouse and keyboard, or just that you would prefer to play them at a desk instead of on a couch?
1. Red Dead Redemption (I'm dying for an +60fps RDR that I can play at 1440p)

2. Halo Wars (It'd be good with a mouse)

3. Fire Emblem: Anything (Again, be nice with a mouse)

4. Forza (The first reason I bought a 360, now I have to buy an Xbox One JUST to play Forza 5)

5. Metroid Prime (Oculus rift dizziness)

There's also PC games I wish they ported to consoles, like Spore, Mount & Blade: Warband, oh and a proper Minecraft.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
All of them? No, I'm serious..I would of loved to play all the console exclusives at a better resolution and higher framerate. I am not planning on purchasing any consoles at all and sticking to my PC hence why this was my answer.

But if you want something more specific then: Bayonetta, Vanquish, Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War, Halo, Last of Us, Demons's Souls would be a few picks that I would -REALLY- want to play on PC.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
KingsGambit said:
I have only one title to add. Dragon's Dogma. If any console title in the last generation was crying out for a PC release it was this one. But Capcom evidently hate money and, in order to avoid making any they decided not to release it. Why on Earth would they want to make millions of dollars, porting the last bonafide great game they made to a platform whose players love that kind of game?

If they made DD and better yet, a toolset available on PC, the community would flock to it en masse. They'd have launched a franchise that would guarantee future sales on name alone, garnered considerable good will and released a game they can be proud of, unlike RE6 and other recent garbage. But again, it would unfortunately mean they would make millions of dollars and we know they hate money so it just won't happen.
I second Dragon's Dogma. That game just seemed so much like a PC game. I can't imagine how awesome that would be with mod support. A highly modable Dragon's Dogma would have been one of my favorite computer games of all time.

Sep 14, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
You learn to notice these things at a glance when you've seen enough of them, however ultimately my intention wasn't what you think. I list it quite clearly and a post right near the start of a thread goes a long way in achieving that as nobody would like to prove me right now would they...
or you simply could be jumping the gun, and could rather contribute to the thread positively rather than make snooty remarks right away. You're setting up a scenario in your head comparably to those kids who rush into youtube videos and say "in b4 femnazi's!" and scream "CALLED IT!" when one person remotely in that generalization says something.

You speak as if you can't plug a console up to a monitor. That misconception might well be bigger than the one of not being able to plug a PC to a TV.
The rest you mentioned is also irrelevant as a concept called having multiple monitors exists. All that you mentioned can be easily replicated while playing a console... but wait that would imply that a gamer would having a gaming PC and console *gasp*.
I wasn't inferring that at all, I was merely referring to your direct quote:

Rozalia1 said:
Those who'd rather play at a desk are... well being dishonest to themselves, or have some odd fetish.
saying that everyone has preferences, consoles typically play from the couch/bed, and pc's typically play from a desk. Absolutely nothing wrong with either way, yet you insisted you have to have a fetish to like playing at a desk, because "reasons", and that just happens to be the way most pc players typically play.

and you don't need to play the *gasp* game with me, I own most consoles, and I have open access to nearly all of them, just short of the ps4, so you don't need to play the snide remarks with me.

Simple. Me saying three words in a row like that could be constructed as me being rude, angry, or whatever else and trust me people have gotten angry at far less. The link was to tell them it was just a reference that I felt very apt at the time.
...tell them it was just a reference...A REFERENCE TO WHAT? that was my question. when you say something like that and footnote it, you're just making yourself come across as silly when there is no meaning to it.

also, if you had any sincerity in coming into this thread, you would've actually stayed on topic at some point and answered the OP. It seems you came in here simply to instigate instead.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
Killer Instinct and Scalebound, just so I won't have any reason to get an Xbone (primarily the former, since my fightstick is a PS3/PS4/PC weapon).

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I would love if the guys behind the Fire Emblem and Advance Wars series were to give PC gaming a shot. Their take on the strategy genre is a fun one that I think could have a lot of neat applications given the possibilities of the PC platform.

Otherwise I'd love for the Uncharted series to make its way to the PC, but that's mostly for selfish reasons as I just really want to play those games sometime.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
I hope some day we'll be able to emulate all of the major consoles on PC. I find consoles to be absolutely unintuitive for single-player (though great for split-screen or party multiplayer games). THAT'S JUST MY OPINION THOUGH, DON'T BURN ME AT THE STAKE.

I'd like to play the Halo games on my PC, in full HD with precise mouse and keyboard controls. Mouse and keyboard are my absolute favourite controller setup. Not because mouse and keyboard are specifically designed for gaming, but because they're so easy to use.

Someone made this comparison before, I think. If you use a computer a lot, using a mouse and keyboard requires almost no thought. Even when I'm typing this, I'm looking at the screen, using muscle memory to determine where the keys are. It's like playing an instrument, in a way.

But the reason why I like keyboard+mouse so much is because that lack of deliberation over how to instruct your character to jump/run/shoot/etc. just erases a barrier between me and the game. It's also for that same reason why I hate motion controls (for the most part). If I'm thinking about which direction to swing a Wii remote, it takes me out of the game. It could be fun for a puzzle game or a party game, but don't expect me to become really invested in the game's world and story.

Toblo1

Jun 1, 2014
We got Metal Gear Rising on PC, so why not some of Platinum's other games? Madworld, Anarchy Reigns, Vanquish, Bayonetta......

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
Anyway now that has hopefully discouraged the worst of the bunch. Modding community is the only one of the three you mentioned that can be taken as a credible response. Those who'd rather play at a desk are... well being dishonest to themselves, or have some odd fetish. Controller is also irrelevant as those you are playing with are using the same controller as you so you are at no disadvantage on that front for it to be a problem, K+M would thus be a lateral movement as than everyone you played with would also use K+M.
Perhaps you should entertain the idea that some people might have different preferences to yourself. Why shouldn't I prefer gaming at a desk? I can sit up comfortably and pay better attention to the screen, I could never concentrate on what I was doing seated on a couch. Choice of controller is a definite issue for some of us, whether you call it "irrelevant" or not. I cannot game with a controller. I am terrible at using them, I am frustrated with the inaccuracy, and after about half an hour they start to really hurt my hands.

To answer the topic, I am another PC gamer who would have loved to see Red Dead Redemption come to PC. I'd have really liked to see Journey and Shadow of the Colossus on PC as well, I think mouse control could have been interesting in those.

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
BeerTent said:
BEHOLD! THE GLORIOUS CONSOLE GODS!!

Some people can't have their PC's and consoles in the same room. Some people prefer a controller, couch, and popcorn on the coffee-table. Some people prefer the ol' two-monitor setup, comfy office chair, and a bottle of beer near the mouse. It's really all taste, and what we've gotten used to. People on the controllers tend to follow a more timing based motion, where as people with the mouse are more twitchy. Very difficult to be twitchy with a controller. I guess the notion of hooking up a console to a monitor is rather obviously true with this generation, but last generation and previous, that was a very difficult, and sometimes expensive notion. My original X-box actually cost $30 to get that sucker on a KVM.

We all have our preferences, and fetishes. I still don't know the original "pattern" you've noticed because I've yet to see anything of this particular vein that is actually note-worthy. So, my assumption is that you've noticed a trend with the user? Anyway, this is getting off-topic, and is largely unimportant. There's only one way to play games right. Have fun with them. :3c
Not a console god, gaming god if you have to honour me like that.

Sorry, I just find people who are ever so quick to state "you can play PC on TVs too" (venom optional) to plenty of people... while not knowing the reverse is true... I suppose those threads on reddit don't give them that info to regurgitate. No matter however as I am of course talking generally, not naming names.
It can be done, with ease in fact was all I said.

Even if they have that preference... you can do that with a console anyway... so... why even mention it as an advantage/preference/thing.

Asclepion said:
3). Every exclusive eventually comes to PC with emulation.
When will they have The Last of Us running through emulation... 2050? I jest I jest... though in what direction is the question.

I really wish I had a gif or image for when this comes up... I suppose I could try one of those wrestling ones that could get across my feelings or look good/funny.
Could work, but I'd need another such post to try it.

SoreWristed said:
Emulation has already ridded me of not owning a gamecube, because i loved wind waker and Thousand year door.

And as I say that another such post is presented, and yes for those not aware that is wrestling related. Big Daddy Cool tore three quads in the time you took to read this post *ZING*... but I'll stop as when it comes to Big Sexy you really can go on all day.

Come on now that is pretty much an admittance to what amounts to piracy. A gamecube while I'm not familiar with it requiring a BIOS or not, with it being a "newer" machine compared to those that don't almost with certainty does.
So even if you were to respond to this with "well I own all my gamecube games and digitize them for my personal use", you've admitted to not having a gamecube to grab the BIOS off.

But whatever, just me being myself. Who cares about devs getting money anyway, they could live off air. Also the picture would likely come up so often it'd be against the rules by virtue of over saturation so sadly I'll have to not make it a full time thing.

NuclearKangaroo said:
"i dont like X, therefore nobody is allowed to like X"

is that what you are saying?, why do you always come in defense of consoles each time someone mentions PC?
"well being dishonest to themselves, or have some odd fetish"

You see the above? Your barb at me was destroyed before you even launched it. I did not shoot an absolute, I said something which that will be true to many and for those that do I said had an "odd fetish"... forgive me for the odd language, there were of course much better ways to put it. However it doesn't leave me vulnerable to your statement.
If I had said "It is impossible to like X" than you'd have had me.

The above barb you tried to nail me with? The "I am completely correct" thing, you do plenty of times but I'll leave at that. I hate referring to the past unless its someone... "special" I guess.
Anyway that whole "You hate PC" is ineffective as I told you last time you used it... and the time before... and... I'm starting to take that as defamation at this point as you're trying to get across I'm a warrior... and you should know how droll I find all that business.

EXos said:
PS. Everyone ignore Rozalia1 (Or Rozy for short) he's survives on trolling.
I'm a troll? I would have thought a mighty dragon!
Hope it was worth it, it really hurts my feelings.

gmaverick019 said:
or you simply could be jumping the gun, and could rather contribute to the thread positively rather than make snooty remarks right away. You're setting up a scenario in your head comparably to those kids who rush into youtube videos and say "in b4 femnazi's!" and scream "CALLED IT!" when one person remotely in that generalization says something.
I contributed, do not forget that. Don't mean that in a threatening manner or anything, just I did contribute and often when I get called out for these things I get painted as a monster who said nothing actually relevant.

gmaverick019 said:
saying that everyone has preferences, consoles typically play from the couch/bed, and pc's typically play from a desk. Absolutely nothing wrong with either way, yet you insisted you have to have a fetish to like playing at a desk, because "reasons", and that just happens to be the way most pc players typically play.

and you don't need to play the *gasp* game with me, I own most consoles, and I have open access to nearly all of them, just short of the ps4, so you don't need to play the snide remarks with me.
How would it translate to me saying that everyone doesn't have preferences? Take that sentence and hit me with where exactly I state that please.
I play PC games at my desk... people blow up over a whole lot of nothing. I was poking fun at those who state being at a desk is the true and only way games should be played and... well no need to go on further. I was being... "cute" shall we say

gmaverick019 said:
...tell them it was just a reference...A REFERENCE TO WHAT? that was my question. when you say something like that and footnote it, you're just making yourself come across as silly when there is no meaning to it.

also, if you had any sincerity in coming into this thread, you would've actually stayed on topic at some point and answered the OP. It seems you came in here simply to instigate instead.
There is no grand meaning behind it. Someone posted something which the correct response to could be summed up as "Location", so I said it three times to reference a show on television.
Its a British show and this site has people from all over hence the footnote.

I answered the OP in the very first post. I said what the most wanted one seems to be, and I told the OP to check out a hip mod for Halo. Which reminds me...

gmaverick019 said:
why is red dead redemption overmentioned? is this not entirely subjective on what someone would like to see on a different platform? you yourself mentioned people like different things, so why is it worth mentioning with that tone?
Sorry I did mean to respond to this, but I got sidetracked as I got to it and than forgot to do so.
Its because I played the game myself and found it... boring as ditchwater would be putting it mildly, no amount of modding (and it'd likely be mod heavy) could save that thing in my eyes.

Yes I said people like different things, you'd think I'd leave myself vulnerable to that schoolboy blunder? I simply said I personally cannot discern where people get their enjoyment from the game, but people will like different things. Nothing wrong with saying that.

EDIT:

infohippie said:
Perhaps you should entertain the idea that some people might have different preferences to yourself. Why shouldn't I prefer gaming at a desk? I can sit up comfortably and pay better attention to the screen, I could never concentrate on what I was doing seated on a couch. Choice of controller is a definite issue for some of us, whether you call it "irrelevant" or not. I cannot game with a controller. I am terrible at using them, I am frustrated with the inaccuracy, and after about half an hour they start to really hurt my hands.
I've addressed this "you're a big meaniehead who said preference doesn't exist" above to other people. What I meant with the controller business is that essentially the controller gives no advantage to you, and no this isn't me saying K+M has no advantages over a controller before I get jumped by half a dozen posters.

In the realm of the game if you're playing it on console you're expected to be facing a controller, same on PC but with K+M obviously. Now of course some may be using a motion controller, controller (PC) or whatever but I'm not taking that into account as those alternative forms are considered "inferior".
The "titan hands", and "I can't even work out where the L2 button is relative to my hands" things are something I personally feel is overplayed.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Rozalia1 said:
I've addressed this "you're a big meaniehead who said preference doesn't exist" above to other people. What I meant with the controller business is that essentially the controller gives no advantage to you, and no this isn't me saying K+M has no advantages over a controller before I get jumped by half a dozen posters.

In the realm of the game if you're playing it on console you're expected to be facing a controller, same on PC but with K+M obviously. Now of course some may be using a motion controller, controller (PC) or whatever but I'm not taking that into account as those alternative forms are considered "inferior".
The "titan hands", and "I can't even work out where the L2 button is relative to my hands" things are something I personally feel is overplayed.
Who cares what you expect other people to be using? That is what is irrelevant. People ought to be able to use whatever control method they prefer, which is exactly what you get on PC. "Inferior" and "Superior" control methods are pretty subjective. I'm sure plenty of controller users can beat me in all kinds of games when I am using a mouse, and vice versa. But the option of what control device to use is extremely important to me because I simply cannot stand using controllers myself. I will not play a game at all rather than be forced to play it with a controller. And WTF is an "L2" button, anyway?

ninja666

May 17, 2014
I'd love to see Criterion's Black on PC. That game was the shit! Hands down the best FPS I've played. It was a military shooter with a cinematic experience. Not like the one in CoDs and such, though. It was made to resemble B-grade action flicks, and it did a damn good job - enemies died in spectacular ways, everything around you exploded into big, Hollywood style fireballs, and the gameplay was purely fast paced run & gun. What more could you want?