Console Wars

ExplodingSims

Jul 24, 2008
I was thinking of starting up my own webcomic the other night, using Gmod, much like Concerned.
But, before I got too deep into it I wanted to give the public a preview of it, and see if it was
total crap, needed improvement, or looks like it has a lot of potential.
So, without further ado:

zen5887

Jan 31, 2008
I agree withe the text being a bit odd but apart from that it sounds cool!

The scenes look really good.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
You've got a nice overly dramatic theme going on but your font is too small to read comfortably. The left pannels are also too dark, I'd lighten them up in a photoshop a little if I were you.

Silver

Jun 17, 2008
I'd scale it up to about 150% of it's current size. Should solve the text issue. Anyway, looks neat. Looking forward to see this take off :p

Shadowtek

Jul 30, 2008
Nice overall tone and atmosphere. Nice presentation. Interesting outlook. Nice setup.

However, I have to agree about the font being a little to tight. After I "View Image" It is easier to read, it may just be the uploaded size thats a little to small. Also, the color scheme is a little too dark. I understand that the story seems to be orientated around a world thats none to inspiring or hopeful, maybe just a small touch up on the brightness would help.

Overall, I see this as having some good prospects. I do look forward to the next scenario.

Good Work.

ExplodingSims

Jul 24, 2008
Well, you'll have to forgive me for the size, it seems to stem from a combination of GIMP naturally compressing the image and the forum space.
I'm still kinda polishing my GIMP skills so I didn't know about the brightness tool. Hopefully the next comic should be easier to see.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Make the next page a direct link to the image so you can show off as much of it as you want, no fuss. This...has merit in terms of being very amusing.

Izakflashman

Dec 18, 2008
Im having trouble with this. But I think everyones already pointed out the flaws in it so far. When you come to character development etc, how are you planning on doing facials etc?

PrinnyGod

Sep 25, 2008
I'm sorry if i'm going to sound like a jerk, but it might be very hard to make interesting past a few fanboy jokes...

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Izakflashman said:
Im having trouble with this. But I think everyones already pointed out the flaws in it so far. When you come to character development etc, how are you planning on doing facials etc?
You can alter those to a stupid degree with Gmod.

It has potential, but what is done with it has yet to be seen.

ExplodingSims

Jul 24, 2008
Well, here is the long awaited page 2! Please tell me what you like/what needs to be changed or improved. Also, I could use a partner in taking pictures sometimes, if anyone is interested.

Direct Link for readable text.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z137/ExplodingSims/Comic1-3.jpg

And as for the guy who asked about facials:

ExplodingSims

Jul 24, 2008
Page #3, hot and fresh from the oven!

Direct Link
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z137/ExplodingSims/Comic1-4.jpg

Comments/complaints/criticism?
If everyone here likes it, or at least sees potential for this, I was thinking of starting my own website for it. So, I'd just like to know the public opinion of it.