Contacts

jmd102993

Mar 6, 2009
ive worn glasses for almost whole life, and ive gotten tired of them breaking and falling off, just wondering what Escapist ppls think bout them, like are glasses worth it for the obvious intelligence plus u get from them? or are contacts convenience more of a plus? any of you guys wear glasses/contacts?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Yes. I wear glasses all the time partly because they make me look smexy.

I actually get compliments all the time on them so I enjoy wearing them and wouldn't switch for contacts.

Besides, I can't stand things in my eyes like that.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
I wear glasses when I want to see distance or look intelligent. I want to get contacts that change my eye colour to blue, so I can cosplay Link correctly.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Contacts are much more of a pain in the ass than glasses, and, if you don't want yours to break, be more careful.
Also, how are contacts more convenient? I can't find any reason other than not having glasses being shown to everyone, which isn't a convenience.

Pielikey

Jul 31, 2009
I'm sure I'll need glasses or Contacts sooner or later because of the massive amount of computer use I do.

I don't need glasses yet, however.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
AjimboB said:
I fail to see what this has to do with gaming discussion.
As do I.

However, I prefer glasses to contacts... my eyes are super-sensitive. I'd rather wear my glasses than put contacts in and have my eyes itch and be uncomfortable all day.

Florion

Dec 7, 2008
I wear glasses. I tried contacts for a month, but I could never figure out how to get them in in less than 45 minutes.

MONSTERheart

Aug 17, 2009
I have both.

I like the contacts more, but I still wear the glasses when I'm too lazy in the morning to put them in.

Generator

May 8, 2009
While I don't need either yet, my family has a history of bad eyesight in later years, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had to deal with them eventually. Personally, I can't even stand the thought of having anything in my eyes, and laser eye surgery just seems like an even worse alternative, so I'll be wearing glasses full-time... unless, of course, there's some crazy futuristic alternative by then, which I'm sure there will be.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
Radeonx said:
Contacts are much more of a pain in the ass than glasses, and, if you don't want yours to break, be more careful.
Also, how are contacts more convenient? I can't find any reason other than not having glasses being shown to everyone, which isn't a convenience.
I used to play baseball in high school and found contacts to be better for playing my sport. I didn't have to worry about them falling off when I pitched, plus I didn't want to wear goggles when playing baseball.

I like contacts mostly because they are more comfortable to me and since I wear daily disposable contact lenses I don't have to worry about losing one because I can just put another one on. I still have a pair of glasses I wear on occasion whenever I feel lazy and don't feel like wearing contacts.

Lisolet

Mar 27, 2010
Maybe the OP needs glasses to play games? Anyway, I'm happily wearing 1 contact lens and couldn't be more thrilled. I was on the verge of needing 3 prescriptions - distance, computer and reading. Fortunately as my reading vision has deteriorated my distance has improved to the point where I'm nearly mono-visioned, meaning my left eye does all the distance work and my right does the close-up stuff. Pop a reading prescription contact in my right eye and I can see far away and close up and I'm just too happy. If the lens is clean I have no sense of it being in my eye. All I do is rinse it off at night, store it in saline solution and replace it every 2-3 weeks. I used to love buying outrageous frames for my glasses, but having to carry 2 pair of glasses plus prescription sunglasses was a pain (and very expensive). As was being out in the rain or cold in glasses and having them fog up. Contacts really aren't all that bad and you get used to stiking your finger in your eye.

syndicated44

Apr 25, 2009
I have been wearing contacts for years and I dont mind them in the least. I deffinatly prefer them to glasses. It takes me the better part of 10 seconds to put them in the morning and only occasionally do they bother me. Overall contacts over glasses.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
I couldn't wear them and still play games. I blink way less, if at all, when I play games, and they dried up and got stuck in my eyes. I had to have someone with long nails hold my eye open with one hand, and literally scrape the contacts out of each eye out with the other.

If it wasn't for that, I might have stuck with them instead of glasses.