Context Sensitive: The Top Five Bummers of E3

Feb 13, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
PurpleRain said:
That Mashroom Men game looked very average as well. Perhaps it's too childish for me, but it looked like a very samey platformer... with mashrooms.
I thought it looked very similar to Psychonauts.
I'm looking forward to playing it. I love the look of it, and while the platforming elements may not exactly be reinventing the wheel, I, too, am very happy to be doing something other than fighting aliens or leading a squad of elite soldiers.
At least the main hero looks like a fun guy.

(I'm so very very sorry)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I should ban you for that. Then set your house on fire. And then make you watch a Nanny 911 marathon.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Susan Arendt said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
PurpleRain said:
That Mashroom Men game looked very average as well. Perhaps it's too childish for me, but it looked like a very samey platformer... with mashrooms.
I thought it looked very similar to Psychonauts.
I'm looking forward to playing it. I love the look of it, and while the platforming elements may not exactly be reinventing the wheel, I, too, am very happy to be doing something other than fighting aliens or leading a squad of elite soldiers.
Yeah, I like the fact that you can make weapons out of pensils. That looks like fun, but other then the fact you're a mushroom, it could be anouther Mario or Banjo. As for the Nanny Nanny 911 marathon... no, just no. I'd rather be banned and have my house set alight.

Andraste

Nov 21, 2004
PurpleRain said:
Susan Arendt said:
(...)

Yeah, I like the fact that you can make weapons out of pensils. That looks like fun, but other then the fact you're a mushroom, it could be anouther Mario or Banjo. As for the Nanny Nanny 911 marathon... no, just no. I'd rather be banned and have my house set alight.
It does have a similar look to Psychonauts - very bright, stylized and just a little bit trippy. The basic elements are not novel, as Susan mentioned, but they developers seem to have woven them all together to make good sense in the setting (losing health is demonstrated not by a health bar, but losing chunks of your mushroom cap; to regain health, you go hit a spore-infested plant to gather spore), which is appreciated. And as Purple Rain mentioned, creating your own weapons and figuring out which are better for which enemies sounds pretty fun. All in all, cute and a nice, family-friendly addition to the Wii's library.

GoblinOnFire

Jul 28, 2008
I watched the "Cammie Dunaway" part of the press conferenceon Youtube, and yes, I cringed.
Is she fake? I don't know. She tries to hard, though. She really wants to be interesting. And she acts like she's talking to either small children or retards. S.L.O.W and C.L.E.A.R.

I couldn't watch the whole thing, it was too embarrasing. Sorry..

Final note: I really don't care about what's out on console or not. Im a PC-gamer and will be till the day I die (which may be tomorrow, who knows). Anyone feel offended? Go write a book!

Way to go Susan, I like your style!