Continuity Errors Star War

Driekan

Sep 6, 2012
I don't know who first mentioned Yuuzhan Vong possibly being mutated humans... I don't think that is actually true.

What I remember of the lore is that they are a human-like species that evolved naturally on a Zonama-Sekot-like world (i.e.: a living, sentient world) on another galaxy.

Their galaxy was eventually gripped in a war between two races of synthetics (there are hints that survivors of both races are around in the SW galaxy to the present, by the way) and their world took a terrible beating, and evolved biological weapons to defend itself.

The Vong apparently used those biological weapons not only to destroy those two races, but to then wage war on each other and eventually wreck whatever was left of their galaxy. The millenia-long conflict resulted in their turning into the blood-thirsty culture of zealots that eventually migrated to the SW galaxy.

As to the sidenote on the Thrawn trilogy... It really is the best SW fiction there is. Beats the movies, beats the games, beats everything.

II Scarecrow II

Feb 23, 2011
Driekan said:
I don't know who first mentioned Yuuzhan Vong possibly being mutated humans... I don't think that is actually true.

What I remember of the lore is that they are a human-like species that evolved naturally on a Zonama-Sekot-like world (i.e.: a living, sentient world) on another galaxy.

As to the sidenote on the Thrawn trilogy... It really is the best SW fiction there is. Beats the movies, beats the games, beats everything.
Yup, that's right. It was bugging me, so I went and checked the wiki, and they are from another galaxy and while similar to humans, they are in no way related.

I must thank you and hate you at the same time OP. You have inspired me to go and read ALL the Star Wars books, so I thank you for that, but I hate you as I'm pretty sure there is some pretty bad stuff amongst those books :p

EDIT: I also just found out that there is more than a metric fuckton [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_books] of books, far, far more than what I first thought. <:0 I don't even know if they still exist ANYWHERE.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, I don't think it would even be possible (or entertaining) to read all of that. Some of the books in that list.... I want to cry.

Driekan

Sep 6, 2012
II Scarecrow II said:
-snip for brevity-
Plenty of good stuff in there somewhere, though... My personal list would be...

- Most things Thrawn written by Zahn (Thrawn Trilogy + Hand of Thrawn Duology + Outbound Flight)
- Shatterpoint (The book that makes the Clone Wars worth existing)
- Some of the New Jedi Order stuff (You'll have to suffer through the bad ones to get the good ones, sadly enough)

Most everything else you can safely not bother with too much, I think. Unless I'm forgetting something.

II Scarecrow II

Feb 23, 2011
Driekan said:
II Scarecrow II said:
-snip for brevity-
Plenty of good stuff in there somewhere, though... My personal list would be...

- Most things Thrawn written by Zahn (Thrawn Trilogy + Hand of Thrawn Duology + Outbound Flight)
- Shatterpoint (The book that makes the Clone Wars worth existing)
- Some of the New Jedi Order stuff (You'll have to suffer through the bad ones to get the good ones, sadly enough)

Most everything else you can safely not bother with too much, I think. Unless I'm forgetting something.
Yeah, the Thrawn trilogy was bloody brilliant IMHO, and Shatterpoint was a really great one as well, I liked that finally got to see a bit of Mace Windu. I was looking over the wiki just now though, and I was surprised when half the characters from that book make a return almost 40 years later in a completely different series!! NJO is about the Yuuzahn Vong correct?? I've read a few of those books, and they weren't too bad, but I think half my problem is that while I have read a shitload of Star Wars books, few of them have been in order or completed the series, so I am not as brushed up as I'd like. Plus, it's been a few years.

Alright... 320 ebooks currently lined up in my to-read list. Wish me luck.

Driekan

Sep 6, 2012
New Jedi Order is about the 'Vong, yeah. I like them a lot.

There's something appealing about believable antagonists to the jedi who aren't just Jedi who like the color red :p

(For clarity's sake: I mean Sith there)

II Scarecrow II

Feb 23, 2011
Driekan said:

There's something appealing about believable antagonists to the jedi who aren't just Jedi who like the color red :p

Yeah, the 'Vong were probably one of the best threats in the entire universe I think, simply because they were so distinct from everything else theologically and just so damned powerful. Again though, nothing tops Thrawn. Looking through rose tinted glasses, he was probably the best antagonist in all the media.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
RJ 17 said:
This one pissed off quite a few people. In the original trilogy, Obi describes the Force as a mystical energy that fills all living things in the galaxy. And like all energy, with the proper efforts it can be manipulated. Then we get to the new trilogy and it becomes "Well your power with the Force is determined by how much bacteria or something you have in your blood. All living things in the galaxy are filled with little symbiotes that give the people magical powers if there's enough of them."

I mean I get it. They wanted there to be some specific way to say "Holy shit, this little boy is a prodigy!" Something that could be measured. But you mean to tell me they couldn't just come up with some space-science mumbo-jumbo to say "I've got a little doo-hicky here that measures the amount of force energy your body radiates while at rest. From this we can get a rough estimation of how strong you'd be if you were to apply yourself" which could then lead to "Holy shit, this little boy is a prodigy!"
Totally agree with you here, I probably would even forgiven them if the jedi just pulled out a scouter from DBZ, and then get of course have Anakin's power level be over 9000.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Driekan said:

I always loved the line in KotOR II where your pilot (forget his name) asks you what color your lightsaber used to be:
"Red, like the eye of a Kryyat (probably misspelled that :p) dragon!"
"Ahh. I heard a lot of dark jedi prefer red crystals. And use double bladed lightsabers......ummm, yeah, I think I'll be getting off the ship at the next stop."

Alright, I added in the last little bit.

:3 bit off topic, but I used to be in a SW RP playing a jedi. A pillar of nobility and compassion, just the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. But his favorite colors happened to be black and red, so he was black-cloaked with a red light saber. Made him that way just to make the statement "Hey, they're just colors."

fluffybunny937

Jul 5, 2009
I didn't read all the Star Wars books, comic books, and etc, so I'm not sure if this was ever covered or not. But I recall in the prequel movies that it was established the jedi knew there were sith in the senate, or at least they were warned that there were. So why didn't the jedi just do a midichlorian count on all the senators?

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Well... for starters there's the complete retcon of Boba Fett's origin story. The EU had a perfectly good origin for Boba Fett but they had to have him pop up at least once in the prequels so BAM! he's a clone of Boba Fett 1.0.