Contradictory criticisms of Nintendo.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Johnny Novgorod said:
Didn't you make this exact same thread a few hours earlier?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.866790-Will-the-Nintendo-doomsaying-ever-end

Why are you so insecure about Nintendo?
StriderShinryu said:
From what I can gather from this thread, that thread and all of the other threads, it appears to be an inability to distinguish between criticisms of Nintendo's games, reputation, business decisions, etc. and personal attacks.
Well then, it's a good thing the OP isn't a Half-Life fan. And it's especially good that it isn't some time between 2007 and 2011. Otherwise he might have suffered an aneurysm.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I'm a huge fan of a number of Nintendo franchises, and I will give you one piece of advice. Just stop caring what others think.

I see lots of Nintendo threads with heated debate on both sides. Both sides have good points and bad points. While sometimes there are those that seem to have a hatred for the company, it doesn't affect me. I loved Skyward Sword, and the fact that many hated it didn't affect me. Until it gets to the point that the company really seems in danger, then at the moment I'm happy with how things are. I get games I want from other sources as well, and can be content.

Just enjoy the games, and also just be willing to agree with the legit criticisms of the company. If you can't manage that, then just avoid Nintendo threads at all costs.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
The thing is I'm guess we're dealing with 2 different groups here. Complaint #1 tends to come from non-Nintendo fans who groan every time Nintendo releases a new installment of their core franchises. Whereas complaint #2 tends to come from hardcore Nintendo fans who want nothing from Nintendo but the latest installment of their core franchise of choice or possibly all of them.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I don't see that as contradictory. Maybe they want more metroid AND new IP's it's completely absurd to say that Nintendo can't do both. I'm completely ambivalent about Nintendo but I can easily see wanting new IP's as well as a modern Metroid that isn't other M. It's not healthy to get so defensive on behalf of a giant company.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
It's hard to take "Defending Nintendo from DOOMSDAY" threads like this seriously anymore, what with Splatoon ("Like Sunset Overdrive but with heart!") Bayonetta and Xenoblade being their new guns, and their "same games every year" for some odd reason having an increase in quality ever since the WiiU and 3DS came along... *cough*

My point is:
Relax dude, don't let comments against your admiration for Nintendo games slow you down from enjoying them.
No need to make a second thread to get defensive. Nintendo doesn't need defending.
Nintendo's a big boy now... with big boy pants, pulling off some fun big boy things.... I don't know where i'm going with this.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Metroid has the Final Fantasy problem.

A ton of old-school fans who loved Super Metroid/FFIV-VI have been jaded with the series and what has happened to it since the SNES days.

Many fans of the more recent installments haven't had a decent game since 2006 with the release of Metroid Prime 3/FFXII, and that was 8 years ago...

...because the most recent installment (discounting spin-offs) was mostly reviled by long-term fans: enter Metroid Other M/FFXIII. Both were released in 2010 and left a horrible taste in the mouths of both sets of fans.

Fans are waiting for mental-palette cleanser from the 2010 sewage as well as a return to form (that form being whatever form the series was in when they loved it).

latiasracer

Jul 7, 2011
I hope they stop dont making Pokemon games, Because in all honesty every installment is a fantastic RPG with easy 30 + hrs of playtime if you dont bother with the frontier or pokedex, with subtle differences and improvements each and every time, whilst each game retaining something unique. I am perfectly happy to drop £39.99 every year.

And besides, pretty soon I'll have enough boxes of Pokemon games I'll be able to build a fortress out of them!