Cool plot twists you'd like to see

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd like to see a game where you fail, no matter what, in your first play through.

Then, via a 'new game plus', you're given the same basic story but this time you can chose another path...maybe even 'right path'.

Sort of like a 'chose your ending book'.

Or maybe even a game like "Shadow of Destiny", but with better graphics/game play.

Damn Shadow of Destiny was a GREAT game.

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Lugbzurg said:
In a story, there is a clear hero and a clear villain. At least, for a while. By the end, the one that seemed a hero is now most certainly the villain. And the one you thought was the villain is actually a hero. Nothing about the characters actually changes.

It's all about perspective.
I think I found the games for you.

God Of War 3 gave me that exact feeling, Kratos did something he was explicitly forbidden to do in GOW 2, and he's so upset when Zues tries to punish him that:
he destroys the entire world, and ends up killing everyone near him, the entire time Zeus is trying to stop the world from tearing itself apart, and at a point, he tries to stop Kratos from killing a child who was following Kratos around, so out of spite Kratos deliberately kills the child, then he has the audacity to blame Zeus for the kid dying.

Oh, and how about this? A videogame in which the character you're playing as is not the protagonist of the story? Kind of like how Sherlock Holmes stories are told from Watson's point of view.
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume did this, there is a war and political stuff happening around you, but the entire time you play as a soldier, then later a right hand man in one of the armies at war, but not every army you side with ends up winning in the end, Side with A, C gets the crown, side with C, A gets the crown, side with B, B gets the crown, that sort of thing, and there's nothing you can really do about this, you fight on the field, then the army heads talk outside the field, incidentally, you can't choose who to side with, your character does that automatically based on how they feel about the people around them, and you alter this by how you fight on the field.

Then there's always having this one item in your inventory that you find so stupid and annoying. It's even more useless than a rubber chicken that's falling apart. Then it turns out it's exactly the key to defeating the final boss.
There was a ninja game on the SNES that I can't find any more, you are given the dragon sword in your inventory, and the final boss is a dragon, you can NEVER use it, until you get to the final boss.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
That the entirety of the C.O.D game's story was a lie told by the US government to prevent soldiers and civilians from going rogue.