coolest end credits?

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
unless there is some teaser at the end, often the credits are rarely noteworthy, but I want to know what games or movies the escapist community thinks had an awesome credit sequence, whether it be because it had cool imagery, awesome sound, or both
what game and/or movie had really awesome end credits

I really like the music for Castlevania: Circle of the Moon's end credits.

Last Samurai had good music for it's credits.

Pacific Rim: the end credit music is sweet, and some cool as hell imagery. This might be a hard one to top actually. Oh and a funny scene not at the very end but more in the middle, right after the main credits.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Since I'm relatively certain that only five people play the single-player in Call of Duty, there are very few people who got to see this awesome scene after the credits...

Yeah...that's the cast of Black Ops 2 playing an Avenged Sevenfold song. As a Call of Duty and Rock fan, I must say that I approve.

Not to derail the thread already but usually end credits suck unfortunately. Companies put a ton of work into opening credits but end credits are usually bare bones. So I'm cheating and giving two of my favorite opening credits too. Take THAT society!

Scott Pilgrim Versus the World: Best movie ever and if you haven't seen it yet, you should rectify that immediately. Yes, I realize Michael Cera is hated by many but his typecast is perfect for this film.

Lord of War: The movie was....alright at best. However, this is probably one of the best openings in a movie ever!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
The ones I can skip. Super Bad had funny credits. Also like Dynasty/Samurai Warrior credits, but cause they usually have something nice to look at and nice to hear. White on Black credits are boring...unless they have funny names to mock with my dad...

ItouKaiji

May 14, 2013
Personally, I enjoy Free!, but I secretly just watch for the end credits. Honestly...I'd watch an anime with that concept. It's Magi without the shit animation.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
Since I'm relatively certain that only five people play the single-player in Call of Duty, there are very few people who got to see this awesome scene after the credits...

I'm not buying this game anytime soon, which is a shame since this is the greatest end credits for any Call of Duty game ever.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Puella Magi Madoka Magica, especially considering how they did it.

The first two episodes when they aired on television had no end song, for the Blu-Ray edition they added this song:

Why? Because at that point it still just seemed to be a cute show about magical girls. Then episode three happened and they added the new end theme, which fit the mood perfectly.

This is the main end song.

Unfortunately finding it with the actual video is rather difficult. I could only find a really low quality version.

Shdwrnr

Waka waka waka
May 20, 2011
I loved the ending credits of Organ Trail: Director's Cut. You're basically running down the zombies of all the developers and kickstarter backers in a station wagon; fun stuff. The credits to Super Smash Bros. was good when I first saw it too. Same concept.

Flatfrog

Dec 29, 2010
Drake the Dragonheart said:
unless there is some teaser at the end, often the credits are rarely noteworthy, but I want to know what games or movies the escapist community thinks had an awesome credit sequence, whether it be because it had cool imagery, awesome sound, or both
what game and/or movie had really awesome end credits

I really like the music for Castlevania: Circle of the Moon's end credits.

Last Samurai had good music for it's credits.

Pacific Rim: the end credit music is sweet, and some cool as hell imagery. This might be a hard one to top actually. Oh and a funny scene not at the very end but more in the middle, right after the main credits.
For games, obviously Portal (and Portal 2 as well)

For movies, I love the end credits of A Series Of Unfortunate Events, it's simply beautiful. The Incredibles and Wall-E were also great. Sometimes it kind of feels like they made some beautiful titles, realised they were massive spoilers for the movie and moved them to the end instead.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Saelune said:
The ones I can skip. Super Bad had funny credits. Also like Dynasty/Samurai Warrior credits, but cause they usually have something nice to look at and nice to hear. White on Black credits are boring...unless they have funny names to mock with my dad...
well this game I had on my sega saturn, Bug Too (or was it two?) had names like Jason Barthalamew and Neil Hamburger in the credits.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Timesplitters Future Perfect was a game I could just play through for the credits. Pretty much you save the human race as this time/space marine then go to a disco party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifciOYezr4g

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
World in Conflict had some great credits, they showed bugs from the alpha build of the game and the music worked perfect with the kind of game it is.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Shdwrnr said:
I loved the ending credits of Organ Trail: Director's Cut. You're basically running down the zombies of all the developers and kickstarter backers in a station wagon; fun stuff. The credits to Super Smash Bros. was good when I first saw it too. Same concept.
I loved the credits to super smash bros :D

It felt a lot like star fox 64 (the first game I owned), which is always a good thing.

OT: I'm not sure about fun or cool, but the end credits to Halo 2 and Halo 3 were incredibly cathartic and soothing. It felt like you accomplished something.

Granted a lot of that was simply the music, but still. It captured the feels of the last moments in the game and drew them out and concluded them very satisfyingly.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
Easy. Modern Warfare 2's museum flythrough was a brilliant idea, and being able to explore it (and hit the button that made them all want you dead), in my opinion, makes it the best credits scene out there.

Nuxxy

Feb 3, 2011
You people make me feel so old. Star Control 2. The credits are hilarious.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Flatfrog said:
For games, obviously Portal (and Portal 2 as well)
I think these are the only end credits I have ever sat through because of the actual credits themselves (well more the song than the credits). Every other set of credits I have sat through was simply because of what you get after them.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Mass Effect, but only because the song worked so damn well with the game. Really made me feel like I just completed an epic masterpiece. Otherwise, the credits are unremarkable.

Pokemon Silver/SoulSilver I remember really liking since I felt so damn accomplished/nostalgic. And I think it was Black 2/White 2 where after the credits are done, it shows you returning to your hometown and hugging your mom, which I found very sweet.