Cop Tasers Fleeing Handcuffed Girl, Head injuries put her in vegetative state

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Metalhandkerchief said:
It's all military and police personnel's responsibility to be physically fit and able to exert minimum force. Minimum force in this case was running after the girl and tackling her, but he was criminally obese and couldn't. Therefore, it is the police officer's fault and he should be charged with assault and battery under extremely severe circumstances.

Though, this is from America, the only country in the western world where this kind of offense against humanity is normal, and such, the dickbag will get away with it and will keep his job in spite of his terrible health and uselessness.

Backwards country.
Could you explain to me what the term Criminally Obese mean, as it must be a medically term I am apparently not familiar with.

------------------
OT: What I can't wrap my heard around is why people on this forum insist on dragging their shit forum other threads in to completely different and definitely not related in anyway thread. I mean seriously if that topic bothers you so much go to the thread and talk about there are tons of people wanting read and argue about it... in that thread.

EDIT: well fuck, I thought I was in another thread. Joke is on me I guess. I suppose I could edit this out and pretend it didn't happen, but I think it serves me right, it I get laughed at a bit,

DeleteThisAcc

Nov 19, 2009
madwarper said:
Arkaniack said:
I brought american "football" because it's WORST WAY TO LEARN HOW TO SAFELY TACKLE. Learn to read.
As opposed to what? Soccer?
http://www.active.com/soccer/Articles/Tackling__The_most_dangerous_part_of_soccer.htm

Easily, the most dangerous activity in soccer is tackling.

More injuries occur during tackling than during any other activity. Wonder why? Any number of reasons has been mentioned. For example, players with mismatched skills playing against each other could have the better player being cut down by the lesser player.
Arkaniack said:
But what I am saying. I guess you spent your childhood playing some stupid console games. How would you know something about stopping someone.
No, what you're saying is that you don't know a single fucking thing about me or my childhood.

And, as for stopping someone, I'd do what my government trained me to do. 2 in the chest, 1 in the head.
I spent my childhood playing catch/chase (don't know how is game where you must catch other person is called in english).
Tell me, when the catcher has caught the chasee, what happens when the chasee keeps running?

"As opposed to what? Soccer?" Wth? where did I say something about football(Soccer)? Tackling in that game is against RULES. What I said was - If you want to tackle someone without breaking their bones don't tackle them like in american "football". Once again - learn2read.

"No, what you're saying is that you don't know a single fucking thing about me or my childhood." Yes. But you leave impression of someone that would taze crying 3 year old to make him stop crying (or " 2 in the chest, 1 in the head") .

"And, as for stopping someone, I'd do what my government trained me to do. 2 in the chest, 1 in the head." American I see. And tries to show off "Military training". Yes that's all you government can teach you. What can I say, warmongers.

"Tell me, when the catcher has caught the chasee, what happens when the chasee keeps running?" You hold them - if you are heavier and holding by hand (above elbow) chasee will land on knees (catcher too sometimes, but hitting head on ground is unlikely. Get some physicist to draw you explanatory picture of how that stop would look like). If you are lighter you fall on your face. "Officer" was heavier almost 3 times in this case.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
People make mistakes, she shouldn't have run, he probably shouldn't have tasered her, but it really doesn't deserve all the outrage. Being fat just makes it easier for you people to take the opposite side. 'He's obviously lazy' 'can't be bothered to chase her'
The same mistakes have been made time and again, and if you want your police to be able to be efficient and good at their jobs then you have to accept that they might occasionally go too far, and as much as you try to prevent that it isn't foolproof, you just have to deal with it on the rare occasion when it does happen. The officer in question isn't likely to be going on with day to day life as if nothing has happened.
The only other alternative is to stop them being as ruthless and effective, and then you end up with lawlessness.

DeleteThisAcc

Nov 19, 2009
Metalhandkerchief said:
It's all military and police personnel's responsibility to be physically fit and able to exert minimum force. Minimum force in this case was running after the girl and tackling her, but he was criminally obese and couldn't. Therefore, it is the police officer's fault and he should be charged with assault and battery under extremely severe circumstances.

Though, this is from America, the only country in the western world where this kind of offense against humanity is normal, and such, the dickbag will get away with it and will keep his job in spite of his terrible health and uselessness.

Backwards country.
This.

but - not "and he should be charged with assault and battery under extremely severe circumstances"

It was excessive use of force not an assault. Also it's not a "severe circumstances" - he was on duty and suspect tried to run away.
Anyway - he should be forced to pay to family of injured, and loose his place as an "officer" or be promoted to "desk officer".

Karathos

May 10, 2009
She fought the law and the law won.

I'm gonna have to agree with an earlier poster - the controversy on this one is pretty damn weaksauce. Get off your soapboxes.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
I shall wade into this. I fear for my sanity.

Blablahb said:
They were talking back to me. How dare they upset the authoritarian order where the one in uniform is always right.
Obviously false comparison, being put under arrest for charges unknown cannot be linked to "talking back" in severity. Comparing the upholding of written legislation the "authoritarian order" is also an obviously false comparsion. Jesus its like youre trying to be intellectually dishonest. You might believe what you say but making obviously false points to prove it is just low.

Much like running away, talking is clearly a good grounds for beating someone up mercilessly, don't you agree? Actually, talking to someone and disagreeing with them is obviously more agressive than running away, so it's an even better reason.
Strawman. No one is trying to defend beating someone up mercilessly. Again comparison to nothing. Id say the employment of a single tazor shot is not the same as a merciless malicious beating with intent to hurt. Again obviously false comparison. You are attacking points no one has made. But please if you want to redeem yourself find someone in the thread who advocated malicious and brutal purposefull violence toward the subject. Ill give you time.

I wasn't aware that in the US trials had been abolished for charges other than terrorism and copyright infringement as well. Since when has that been?
Trials are awesome. The woman would have got one. If she was innocent the trial would have shown that and the woman had nothing to fear. I might be presumptuous in saying this but fleeing is usually an admission of guilt. As such its the officers duty to detain the suspect so they can be BROUGHT to trial.

Exactly. Just about everybody gets caught later on anyway, or report themselves because living a fugitive sucks.
This is just factually incorrect. By your logic this list cannot exist.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted

People would rather be fugitives than punished for their crimes. This list proves that. Again obviously false arguement.

She had cuffs on and was running *away*. How can that possibly be violent? And she's dead. How could the violence not be deadly? Besides, like others have already argued, even US policeman are trained to understand what tasing someone does. That policeman made a concious decision to expose someone to grave harm, resulting in death, rather than trying to run after her.
Yay another strawman. And youre purposefully misreading posts now. NOT PEACEFULL does NOT mean violent. It means not peacefull. Please dont make such obvious jumps in logic and reading. When he said not peacefull. He meant anything that wasnt a calm collected reaction. That counts fleeing and screaming when remaining calm and collected is a better way to prove innocence. Id hardly call being tazed "grave harm". I dont defend his actions at all to be honest. I kind of agree with you. But i refuse to see my points argued so poorly and dishonestly. He should have chased her. And should have been fit enough to do so. However the tazor is NOT grave harm is is often used without grave harm being inflicted. Like VERY often. 99.99% of tazor uses dont result in death.

Which is tied to rules. Rules like "Don't kill people if you can just grab a hold of them". Although obviously, that rule didn't make it into the US police handbook. Much like was shown in the summary executions of Kenneth Harding and Michael Nida, and many other cases of weapon-crazed US cops shooting first and checking if it was allowed later.
False comparison. "Dont kill people if you can grab them" was never an issue in this case. It doesnt apply at all. He never made a decision of "grab or kill" ever. And the way you use that implies that it was. It was not. The decision was "taze or grab" and your line should read "Dont use a little more force if you can use less force" since thats exactly what happened here. I mean christ she hit her head. ANY method by which he brought her to the ground could have resulted in that. Any. Shes hardly going to go down easily when panniced and running.

I hate guns too.

Which is why he should be sacked from the police, and convicted for manslaughter, but not murder.
Yay we have the same conclusion. Yep it was manslaughter. Complete accident but it basically was. She died by his fault even if it was a COMPLETE accident. Because it was avoidable. Not murder. Not "KILLING!" but accidental death. It happens. Its sad. He should be convited and kicked out of the force for being incapable of catching suspects without using a tazor.

That's not true. He used something close to maximal violence to aprehend her. The only more violent option would've been to draw his firearm and perform an extrajudicial execution on the spot.
When the THREE options are.

1. Grab and tackle
2. Tazor.
3. Shoot to injure
4. Shoot to kill

Tazor is actually pretty far down the slider. Its WAY below shoot to injure. Its the least violent option one can do from afar. And option one had an equal chance of her hitting her head as options 2 3 and 4. Not a lot he can do to make sure she falls ok. Tackling is safest ill give you but tazing is hardly "maximal violence". Its pretty damn far down. I mean it just hurts like hell for 99.99% of people, it doesnt cause any lasting harm.

I made it.

You have a valid point but everything you say is either a strawman, an obviously wrong comparison or just made up stuff. Stop mis reading posts, making up points and drawing wrong comparisons. Its annoying and not intellectually honest.

Fudj

May 1, 2008
......being arrested for 2 prior hit and runs and driving without a licence, im sorry but its sucks she is now braindead, but dont screw with the police, was the guy justified to use the taser, i think he was. people want to be safe to be able to live without the fear of someone else taking what they have be it a phone a wallet with money in or even their lives in certain cases. the people who are there to make sure that happens are the police so stop tieing their hands when it comes to dealing with criminals. If the guys dept decides their is no wrong doing then their isnt, if it fell outside of the grounds of procedure and he couldnt justify the use they would have punished him in some way.

Dumbfish1

Oct 17, 2008
Jonluw said:
Blablahb said:
Jonluw said:
Yeah, using the taser was unnecessary.
However, I can't feel bad for her, as she was clearly already sufficiently brain damaged to try to run from a cop after being handcuffed.
That's plain stupid to say. You face years and years in prison under barbaric conditions for something as small as drug possesion, the cop they send after you is an obese slob who can never keep up, and you say running is a weird choice?

Running is the only logical choice in that situation.
Resisting arrest, running away from an armed officer of the law who is attempting to keep you immobilized, is the only logical option?
I don't know what kind of logic you subscribe to, but that certainly isn't what I would've done.
And of course, anyone who thinks differently to you is obviously braindamaged, because you're so perfect with your human compassion and tolerance.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Dumbfish1 said:
Jonluw said:
Blablahb said:
Jonluw said:
Yeah, using the taser was unnecessary.
However, I can't feel bad for her, as she was clearly already sufficiently brain damaged to try to run from a cop after being handcuffed.
That's plain stupid to say. You face years and years in prison under barbaric conditions for something as small as drug possesion, the cop they send after you is an obese slob who can never keep up, and you say running is a weird choice?

Running is the only logical choice in that situation.
Resisting arrest, running away from an armed officer of the law who is attempting to keep you immobilized, is the only logical option?
I don't know what kind of logic you subscribe to, but that certainly isn't what I would've done.
And of course, anyone who thinks differently to you is obviously braindamaged, because you're so perfect with your human compassion and tolerance.
Well, I am known for my great reserves of compassion.

So yeah, anyone who thinks that trying to run away from the police - in a situation where they quite clearly can't hope to escape - is a good idea, or that it's logical somehow, probably possesses less than the average amount of gray matter in my humble and non-judgemental opinion.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
As soon as you run from the police, you surrender all rights. No, make that as soon as you are suspected of a crime, you surrender all rights. And God help you if you are on drugs too, then you have fewer than zero rights.

Try to be more monsterously callous and authoritarian, America, I don't think you've quite made it yet!

michael87cn

Jan 12, 2011
*peeks into thread*

A bunch of adults talking about how a little girl that seems to be about 6 or 7 years old deserved to be tasered for running away from a giant of a man with a weapon.

Hmmmmm... people just continue to be monsters..

Lazy cop should have chased her. He used overly lethal force for what was a perfectly safe situation.

*sigh*

Disgusting all around. The people in here... and the people in that video... PEOPLE IN GENERAL DISGUST ME. :mad:

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
michael87cn said:
*peeks into thread*

A bunch of adults talking about how a little girl that seems to be about 6 or 7 years old deserved to be tasered for running away from a giant of a man with a weapon.

Lazy cop should have chased her. He used overly lethal force for what was a perfectly safe situation.

*sigh*

Disgusting all around. The people in here... and the people in that video... PEOPLE IN GENERAL DISGUST ME. :mad:
6 or 7 years old? Are you serious?
She's 20 [http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2012/february/383311/Exclusive:-Trooper-defends-tasing-new-video-shows-suspect-out-of-handcuffs.html]

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
michael87cn said:
*peeks into thread*

*sigh*

That woman is an adult, on some pretty heavy drugs and under arrest for 2 hit and runs. Know the context before assuming the cop is automatically at fault.

What happened was basically an accident, had she been fine this wouldn't even be a story. This isn't a cop opening fire on a homeless guy and shooting him 20 times. Ot even a repeat tazering of a downed suspect. It was the tazering of a fleeing suspect in the effort to stop her getting away non-lethally. Hell the result mgith have been the same if he grabbed her, or even just let her run. She was high on oxycotin and running towards traffic, what would you do.

Primate

PROBATION
Mar 2, 2010
Blablahb said:
Rednog said:
I'm sorry, what?
Take a step?
Yea, a full out escape/run from police station is not a step.
Please answer the question, yes or no is sufficient. Is murder justified?
What a black and white view of the world you have sir...

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
poiumty said:
Wow, yet another thread full of people expecting the police to be some sort of supercomputing robots whose slightest mistake should result in immediate termination and off with their head and etc.

So tell me, what would you have done in this situation?
a) in the 0.5 seconds you had available, go to the gym, work out and lose weight then come all the way back weighing 200 pounds less and run after the girl
b) use your super space brain to compute the exact angle, torque and inertia and see that using a taser would cause her to fall and OBVIOUSLY DIE
c) wave her goodbye because there's obviously a guarranteed 100% chance she'll turn herself in the following days, and definitely not do drugs and further hit-and-runs in the future, because that's just obviously obvious and people do that all the time
d) Use your only reliable means of stopping her with the least chance of a lethal result. Which is totally lethal because it was lethal this time and you should have predicted the future.

Hindsight bias much?
"But.....but he's a POLICEMAN dude! Therefore he's an authority figure abusing his power to keep the little man down!. FUCK DA POLICE/FIGHT THE POWER! etc."

At least that must be what's going through the mind of all the people here who are making a martyr out of a drugged up girl who slipped out of her handcuffs and tried resisting arrest. An arrest that was for a hit and run apparently.

Seriously, how is the policeman in the wrong here?