GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Hey, I might as well jump on the tune bandwagon whilst everyone else is at it;

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
GoaThief said:
and lands on her head
The direct result of the above which should have been avoided.
There are a few ways that this could have been avoided. The main one being her not trying to run. Another would be for the cop to not allow her to escape his custody. But saying that its the cops fault that she fell on her head is pure ignorance. Her becoming brain dead is a freak accident not forseen in any way.

yes tragic SHE chose to take drugs and that SHE committed several crimes and then SHE chose to run from a police station resulting in getting a severe head injury
Yes, it is fucking tragic numbnuts. That's just the thing. A life has been needlessly lost, all due to an authority figure directly ignoring guidelines put in place which should prevent incidents like this from happening. Remember that the police need to be held to a higher standard than the general public they are sworn to protect and serve.
Most guidelines state that the use of non-lethal force can be used if necessary. Tazers ARE non-lethal force like I said above its a freak accident that she became brain dead.
maybe some people think that anyone who runs from cops should just be let go
Please point out the multiple examples of people stating that the suspect in question should have been allowed to go free, without charge.
There is actually someone on quite a few pages calling the cop a fat slob. Maybe you've seen him in this thread? Well he keeps saying that the person should have just been let go and picked up at a later time. Well as you said above about following the guidelines. They prohibit that and the cop would be reprimanded for allowing a suspect to get away.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
GoaThief said:
DarthSka said:
He had to stop her with with the option that had the least chance of hurting her.
So are you honestly going to sit there telling the world that the officer did not have the option of grabbing her with his pudgy bare hands, completely negating the need for contact with the ground (aside from feet). Calling for backup and following is also a non-option? More to the point, a taser clearly does not fit any "maximum safety" bill in that situation. A taser is one step down from using a firearm. This means that even pulling out his baton and hitting her with it is more acceptable and appropriate.

It seems that taser use in the US is so prevalent that even the general public now think it is a perfectly acceptable method of obtaining compliance from a weak and non-violent suspect.
1) The tazer isn't prevalent in the US. My dad is a cop and they have not been issued tazers and are not going to be issued tazers anytime soon.
2) Grabbing her with his pudgy little hands as you put it would also lead to her getting slammed to the ground. Because that is procedure. So there is also a chance that she could have ended up as a vegetable if he did what you had stated.
3) Weak and non-violent? She is wanted in connection to 2 hit and runs and has also tested positive for drugs multiple times. Just because it is a woman does not make her weak and non-violent. You have no idea what she did to get away from him in the first place and usually to be able to bolt like that you have to use some amount of force to get out of the officer's grip already.

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
oktalist said:
will1182 said:
Oh god, another one of these "HEARTLESS MONSTER COP MUNCHES ON BABY'S SKULL" threads.
Actually it's another one of those "everyone jumps to defend criminally incompetent cop on the grounds that all cops are highly trained professionals doing an important job that puts them beyond all criticism, plus savagely beating a person is cool as long as they're a criminal" threads.
And, in turn, one of those 'everyone jumps to defend CRIMINALS who ACCIDENTALLY hurt themselves because we feel all cops are bad' threads.

Like you.

And please, don't say 'oh I didn't say that'...because you did. You said it in how you say NOTHING but abuse for the 'criminal incompetent cop' when A) he was neither and B) you have no evidence, but make the claim anyway like somehow you know better.

YOUR words say that you Do Not Care about the cop- you care about the criminal and feel that no matter what criminals do, you'll make excuses for it and blame the cop.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Krion_Vark said:
Her becoming brain dead is a freak accident not forseen in any way.
It very much can be foreseen in every possible way, especially by those who are trained in taser use and have very clear usage guidelines in place.

Tazers ARE non-lethal force like I said above
Stop being ignorant and get educated, as has already been covered (even on this page) - tasers are "less lethal" not "non-lethal".

its a freak accident that she became brain dead.
No, it's far from being a freak accident (see above) although I will agree that the officer probably did not wish to cause brain death. Hence why if this were to go to public court a charge of manslaughter would be more appropriate rather than murder.

There is actually someone on quite a few pages calling the cop a fat slob.
By all appearances, they'd be correct in saying this. I digress;

Well as you said above about following the guidelines. They prohibit that and the cop would be reprimanded for allowing a suspect to get away.
In fact there are guidelines that state it is perfectly acceptable to allow a suspect to get away if capturing them would result in needless danger to the public. Perusing a suspect on foot across a busy highway might indeed be covered by this.

One person does not people make, though.

Again, there are many other and more appropriate actions this officer could have taken to avoid her injury.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Wut u on aboot govana? I never compared anything to nuffin!
lol

The cop shot a tazer at a handcuffed person, it's not the same thing as a cop making use of his service gun.

Two different situations. Two different levels of lethality. Two different complaints about the cop's procedure.

And unloading 10 shots is perfectly reasonable. Trust me.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Rottweiler said:
oktalist said:
will1182 said:
Oh god, another one of these "HEARTLESS MONSTER COP MUNCHES ON BABY'S SKULL" threads.
Actually it's another one of those "everyone jumps to defend criminally incompetent cop on the grounds that all cops are highly trained professionals doing an important job that puts them beyond all criticism, plus savagely beating a person is cool as long as they're a criminal" threads.
And, in turn, one of those 'everyone jumps to defend CRIMINALS who ACCIDENTALLY hurt themselves because we feel all cops are bad' threads.

Like you.

And please, don't say 'oh I didn't say that'...because you did.
I did not defend the actions of the criminal. Or does pointing out that someone shouldn't have been maimed count as defending their actions?

If you think that a criminal accidenally hurting themselves is less bad than an innocent person hurting themselves, then I disagree in the strongest possible terms.

You said it in how you say NOTHING but abuse for the 'criminal incompetent cop' when A) he was neither and B) you have no evidence, but make the claim anyway like somehow you know better.

YOUR words say that you Do Not Care about the cop- you care about the criminal and feel that no matter what criminals do, you'll make excuses for it and blame the cop.
You are right, I don't care much about this police officer. Pretty much because he's still got a working brain. I don't wish any harm upon him, but I wouldn't defend his actions any more than I would defend the criminal's actions.

I was just pointing out how these sorts of threads quickly come to be dominated by the highly vocal cops-are-always-right crowd, who like to complain about how everyone else thinks cops are always wrong. I haven't looked at the evidence and I fully admit that I might be wrong in this case, but I was mainly commenting about these sorts of cases in general.

Rottweiler

Jan 20, 2008
I did not defend the actions of the criminal. Or does pointing out that someone shouldn't have been maimed count as defending their actions?
Yes, you did. Was it the policeman's fault the criminal ran, was tased according to policies, and accidentally fell and hurt themselves? According to you, the 'criminally incompetent cop' is at fault.

You attached no responsibility to the criminal, and by definition and by your own words, placed all blame on the Cop. You. Defended. The Criminal.

If that *isn't* your intent, you need to clarify that.

If you think that a criminal accidenally hurting themselves is less bad than an innocent person hurting themselves, then I disagree in the strongest possible terms.
That wasn't the issue. A person accidentally hurting themselves isn't 'criminal incompetence' on the part of the police, though. YOU used the term, and rather obviously meant to paint the police officer as the offender for an *accident*.

You are right, I don't care much about this police officer. Pretty much because he's still got a working brain. I don't wish any harm upon him, but I wouldn't defend his actions any more than I would defend the criminal's actions.
Really? You have not said one word about the criminal- BUT you have labeled the police officer as 'criminally incompetent'.

'Criminal' = Guilty of a Crime. You have labeled the officer as being the perpetrator of a Crime.

And, by common sense, if you *blame* the Cop...you are *defending* the criminal who got hurt, because (though you haven't really explained how) the Cop shoulda coulda woulda done 'something' and the criminal 'wouldn't have gotten hurt'. Somehow.

I was just pointing out how these sorts of threads quickly come to be dominated by the highly vocal cops-are-always-right crowd, who like to complain about how everyone else thinks cops are always wrong. I haven't looked at the evidence and I fully admit that I might be wrong in this case, but I was mainly commenting about these sorts of cases in general.
And you are correct, in that there are as many 'police-are-always-right' people as there are 'police-are-always-wrong' people. The problem I had is that you have shown yourself by your comments, whether you intended or not, to be in the 'police-are-always-wrong' faction, and I have responded to that. If you don't intend to be taken that way, you should be more careful in your comments involving 'criminally incompetent'.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DarthSka said:
Kopikatsu said:
DarthSka said:
"I know that I can?t just jump on her. I?m three times her weight. If we go down, one, or both of us, is going to get hurt. The taser is the intermediate weapon of choice,"

Now, I don't know if that's what he really felt at the time, but I'm just going to go ahead and leave that explanation as justification. Hell, if he had tackled her while both of them were running and injured her, this discussion would simply be named "Cop Tackles Fleeing Handcuffed Girl, Head injuries put her in vegetative state," instead, and everyone blasting the cop would be demanding to know why he didn't just use a taser.
Or fire a warning shot.
Her brain was full of cocaine, and she was heading for a busy road. In her altered mental state, she might not have responded to the shot. He had to stop her with with the option that had the least chance of hurting her. In this situation, the taser fit that bill. The fact that it did cause her harm was simply bad luck.
thaluikhain said:
Kopikatsu said:
Or fire a warning shot. Can't please some...most people. May as well not even bother to try.
Discharging a firearm randomly up in the air in a city is generally discouraged.

Also, if you are running from teh cops, and they start firing, RUN FASTER!
...wat. Seriously?

There is no such thing as a warning shot. If a police officer draws their firearm, it's with intent to use deadly force. Period. Under no other circumstances are they permitted to draw it.

My comment was a dig at all of the people who complain that there was no warning shot before the cops shot somebody. Those people are stupid.

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
Liquidacid23 said:
Fleischer said:
I'm amazed I haven't seen other people note that Officer Cole handcuffed the women with her arms in the front. Huge fail there.

no..

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2012/february/383311/Exclusive:-Trooper-defends-tasing-new-video-shows-suspect-out-of-handcuffs.html

he DID cuff her behind properly and she slipped them around (not very hard)...
She slipped one of the handcuffs off while she was in the cruiser. Later on, she put them back on.

I'm quoting from the linked article with Officer Cole's comment regarding the handcuff's location at the substation:

"They were in front of her, versus being behind her. So, at some point -- unbeknownst to me -- she moved them from rear to front," Cole says.
Office Cole is admitting that he was not properly monitoring Danielle Maudsley.

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Ok a lesson about warning shots, if you fire a gun into the air, the bullet come back down with more then enough force to kill someone. Also firing it into the ground can in turn ricochet and kill someone to. Now while it's about as rare as smashing your head into the ground when you get tazzed, people HAVE been killed by it. It's CRIMINAL to fire an gun up in the air anywhere near an city or town.

Warning shots are just BS cops do in the movies

PMorgan18

Apr 6, 2010
Haha that was funny. Takes a special kind of stupid to run when in handcuffs would have been better if the tazer wasn't used and she fell on her own. For those people feeling sorry for her don't worry the police officer will be in trouble because when people are in the handcuffs its the officers responsibility for their safety.

But slowly my plans for removing all the stupid people in the world is starting.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Fleischer said:
* - I checked out her Facebook [http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpeople%2FDanielle-Maudsley%2F100001638773190&ei=il5AT5XYHcbe0QHnqPmnBw&usg=AFQjCNGt78Stsl6_crapw1k3y6PddudBxw], to get some idea of what kind of person she is.
She even looks like a coke whore. Good riddance.

TheFloBros

Aug 18, 2010
So he's fat and can't run.. If he's fat and can't run then it was right to use the tazer if he knew he couldn't catch her. Would you rather of just let her get away and risk a heart attack by running after her?

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Why are cops always so afraid of Internal Investigations? Is it because they are all corrupt? No, they are simply ideally placed to know that being the subject of a police investigation is bad news whether you are guilty or not. When your job is to find criminals, everyone you see is just a criminal you haven't found any evidence against yet. And every object is just a piece of evidence which you haven't worked out how it incriminates your suspect yet.