Cortana Actress Will Voice Microsoft's Version of Siri

Kuratius

May 23, 2012
Cartographer said:
Microsoft really missed a trick with "Bing", consider how much more popular they would have been with "Bang" instead.

"I'm just Bang'in..."
"I'll just Bang him/her and..."

Would have killed google overnight.
Great minds think alike, huh?
I remember having the exact same idea.
Edit:
Found my reddit post:
http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/1kjdr5/what_actually_happened_at_google_for_those_2/cbpn18x

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
ungothicdove said:
Cortana is hotter but I'd gain much more enjoyment from Glados' passive aggressive insults every time I asked a question.

"Glados, where is Taco Bell?"

"It's three blocks up on right but you should probably drive five blocks to the gym instead."
Hee. That would be awesome. And will likely never happen.

Also, someone needs to develop an app called 'Bong' for no reason other than I want to see the masses walking around saying 'Bing bong' to devices which can speak to them in (reasonably) perfect English.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Alleged Microsoft source MSFTnerd reports that Jen Taylor, the voice actress for Master Chief's AI partner, will be lending her voice to the feature for its launch later this year.
Because really - why on Earth wouldn't they? It's practically a "shut up and take my money" situation.
Cortana is a pretty solid voice assistant, as far as these things go. Although, if Valve came out with a competing app complete with voice acting from Ellen McLain as GLaDOS... that would be a tough decision.
Nope. Call me shallow, but sexy sane (*mostly) hologram AI trumps psychotic homicidal AI every time. Unless maybe it's potato-powered...?

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
synobal said:
I never understood the whole "bing" label were they like "google is a nonsense word so lets make our search engine a nonsense word.." it would of worked better had they named it Cortana or something else with some sort of recognizable brand.
A googol is a large number formed by a one with a hundred zeroes following it. However, when all the legal stuff was being handled back when the search engine was being set up, the person at the paperwork didn't know what a "googol" was and misspelled it. It's not a nonsense word. It's just a misspelling that stuck.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
BoogieManFL said:
They should just give up on this whole Bing nonsense. Just like Google should give up on with Google+.
So the only remaining competitor to Google should just fold? Do you realize how dangerous that would be? Hell, the government might not even let Microsoft do it if they wanted to because it would give Google a monopoly on Internet search. Remember, Yahoo shut down its own search engine in favor of a Bing-powered one, and Ask.com is all but out of business.

I do think they need to stop diluting the brand name like this, though. "Bing" in the context of voice commands should mean "do an Internet search" and nothing else. Happened with the Xbox One, too. If you tell it "Xbox, Bing so-and-so", instead of pulling up the browser and giving you Internet search results, it searches their online game/media store.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Once again for every decent idea MS comes up manage immediately trip over their own feet and faceplant into a turd.

Seriously you don't go to all the trouble getting cortana to voice your search app if users can't say cortana to use it. Come on MS you have done some pretty stupid things but you can't be THAT clueless, right?