cosplay pictures?

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
well i consider this cosplay... even though i wasnt able to go cause my ride cancelled a dragon ate my brother and i had to fend it off with my sais.

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
Greyfox105 said:
Threads merged.
Anyway, cosplay pictures...I don't have any, myself, but I should be cosplaying at the next London animé expo.
Although, that is quite a way off... kinda.
I was a bit miffed that I wasn't able to at the last one >.>
Although, I'd have to go as a character with pink hair, because I don't want to waste my hair dye after it took so long to find...
Go as that girl from Lazy Town...that wouldn't be sus at all!

In all seriousness I attended my first convention last year (Supanova in Sydney for anyone who was interested) and it was a blast. It wasn't exclusively anime though so it may differ from the one you're attending (I don't watch that much anime), but know that there's usually a good enough mix of "I've stayed up every night for the past month with an entire workshop making this 500-piece recreation of some incredibly intricate JRPG character's outfit" and "Found a nice old jersey, cut off the arms and went as Ken from Street Fighter" outfits to ensure that it's less about quality and more just celebrating your favourite characters.

What were you thinking of going as?

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
Please be gentle, I don't consider myself much of a cosplayer and I don't do it much any more but I'm the one in the red.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Ironrose said:
Please be gentle, I don't consider myself much of a cosplayer and I don't do it much any more but I'm the one in the red.

madame red! you and your friends have epic-ly pulled this off. kuroshitsuji ftw!

Ironrose

Nov 18, 2009
thank you!! this was about 18 months ago, I don't cosplay much anymore, don't have the time to make costumes and I refuse to buy.

pumuckl

Feb 20, 2010
Whitenail said:
Greyfox105 said:
Threads merged.
Anyway, cosplay pictures...I don't have any, myself, but I should be cosplaying at the next London animé expo.
Although, that is quite a way off... kinda.
I was a bit miffed that I wasn't able to at the last one >.>
Although, I'd have to go as a character with pink hair, because I don't want to waste my hair dye after it took so long to find...
Go as that girl from Lazy Town...that wouldn't be sus at all!

In all seriousness I attended my first convention last year (Supanova in Sydney for anyone who was interested) and it was a blast. It wasn't exclusively anime though so it may differ from the one you're attending (I don't watch that much anime), but know that there's usually a good enough mix of "I've stayed up every night for the past month with an entire workshop making this 500-piece recreation of some incredibly intricate JRPG character's outfit" and "Found a nice old jersey, cut off the arms and went as Ken from Street Fighter" outfits to ensure that it's less about quality and more just celebrating your favourite characters.

What were you thinking of going as?
[http://photobucket.com/images/gankutsuou]

it's pretty much the only anime i've been shown that i liked so far, prolly going with monte carlo in the front, but damn his demon is sweet :/

EgoDeusEst

May 9, 2008
I'm not really super-good at costumes, but I have fun making them :)

I wore a T-Shirt because it was cold :p

Just random clothes and an axe really.

Servbot-head was made in about 3-4 hours just before Z-walk.

A couple of friends drew beards on everyone at a small convention in Sweden XD

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Well I'm going to the Telford MCM expo next week and me and my boyfriend are cosplaying as Team Rocket. If this thread is still up I'll post pictures.
I bet I'll look awful. Fat white girls make terrible cosplayers >_>

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Sinclose said:
TimeLord said:
Now look what y'all made me do ;)
Goddamit fine! We all know you're terribly sexy, but would you PLEASE make an effort to look a little less good so that the other men can hold onto the hope that they might compete?! D:

I want that coat and suit...
I will try my very best in future :p
However I am going to a little "event" [http://doctorwhoexperience.com/] next month. So I will have more pictures xD

Also, I can't get a girlfriend to save my life so I appreciate the comment :)

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
EeveeElectro said:
Well I'm going to the Telford MCM expo next week and me and my boyfriend are cosplaying as Team Rocket. If this thread is still up I'll post pictures.
Have fun at it! I'm skipping out Telford for one of the london excel ones, myself. I'd love to be able to go to all of them... well, I'm not ruling it out actually, I just doubt I'll go. Haven't assembled a cosplay for it though. And you're cosplaying. Simply by merit of doing so you will look infinitely more awesome than people who aren't. :D

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
Well, I dressed as a nurse from Silent Hill 3 when I was in my first year at my gymnasium :p

Here are the only pictures I could dig up:

The make up was way to much fun to put on. Veeeeins~

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Serenegoose said:
EeveeElectro said:
Have fun at it! I'm skipping out Telford for one of the london excel ones, myself. I'd love to be able to go to all of them... well, I'm not ruling it out actually, I just doubt I'll go. Haven't assembled a cosplay for it though. And you're cosplaying. Simply by merit of doing so you will look infinitely more awesome than people who aren't. :D
Gah! shame you're not going to Telford, we could be awesome together :D I had to bully my bloke into cosplaying with me, he didn't want to at one point because none of his friends were >_>
I'll dress up like a giant hotdog if I wanted to ;D

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Most of these aren't particularly good.

MetalGenocide said:
This guy won every cosplay ever. And the internet.
This, however, is victory distilled into our spectrum of vision.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
EeveeElectro said:
Serenegoose said:
EeveeElectro said:
Gah! shame you're not going to Telford, we could be awesome together :D I had to bully my bloke into cosplaying with me, he didn't want to at one point because none of his friends were >_>
I'll dress up like a giant hotdog if I wanted to ;D
Well, I might reconsider it. Several people I know are going, I might let myself be pressured. I haven't decided yet. I'm kinda not going because I want to cosplay and I don't have any sort of outfit at all, which is a bit self-defeating. I think I need to hire someone to make some awesome stuff for me.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Naheal said:
Not mine, but I'll post some good ones.

I love the hair of the second one; I use to have it like that like 2 years ago.

And Im gonna up that, with this.