Could A Wii Balance Board Fight Terrorism?

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
I doubt that the measurements from the board alone would suffice as evidence of ill-will. Maybe if you combined it with some other tech, but as it stands it's kind of a silly idea.

brewbeard

Nov 29, 2007
People nervous about flying and people who hate crowds, not to mention germophobes and anyone who's stressed out while flying (imagine that) will probably set this bugger off.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Amnestic said:
I fidget 24/7. If my fingers aren't doing something, I start to panic. This is a - pardon my French - fucking stupid idea. Also, I naturally get nervous when going through any security check even though there's nothing to be nervous about. I just 'do'.

Looks like I'm not travelling to the US anytime soon.
Agreed. Polygraphs are totally bullshit, so what makes them think these things are going to work?!

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Fidgiting is an indicator? I'm ADD. I fidgit CONSTANTLY, and shift back and forth. Standing still makes me UNCOMFORTABLE.

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
MR T3D said:
If you're the least bit afraid of flying, but suck it it, you're going to be a little nervous, if anything, the terrorist would be very calm.
here's how the board cn actually fight terrorism.
In 3 steps!
1. Grab a board!
2. grab a terrorist!
3. hit terrorist with board!
mightt even work with other obojects!
such as a chair or a large bear statue even a goldfish bowl its fun approved (ages 4 and up some assembly required)

Fritzvalt

Amazing Human Being
May 12, 2009
I was really hoping to click on this article and see somebody getting beaten with a balance board. It was a happy thought.

Singing Gremlin

Jan 16, 2008
robert632 said:
hah! do the xbox or PS3 get used for military porpuses? i thought not.
360 controllers are used all the time to fly UAVs. Haw!

At least, we do. Can't even afford a bloody joystick for our troops over here...

More the the point, how the hell do you even get a success rate? I mean, you can hardly reproduce the "are you a terrorist" feeling in any subject, thus is hardly going to work in an actual environment. Unless they just grab people in airports, slam them in the mighty terrorist detecting-chair, shout "Are you a terrorist?!" Then rifle through their pockets for hand grenades to check.

Hell, that'd be an awesome way to run airport security

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
A balance board could very easily stop terrorism. Just hit a terrorist over the head with it...its about the only thing a balance board is good for.