Could Rock Band Be Adding Japanese Rock Bands?

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
BeastofShadow said:
Dir En Gray are quite odd. The vid to "obscure" anyone?
Hehe, or any of their older stuff for that matter. Even their newer stuff sets the weirdness bar way over the top.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
Mm, I'd've been hoping to see some Orange Range, FLOW or Asian Kung-Fu Generation. Oh, and Do As Infinity. Still, I'll be interested to check out the final tracklist if this does go ahead.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Mr. In-between said:
Rock Band is the biggest waste of time after WoW. Why in the name of god would you want to waste time pretending to play guitar when you could actually try and learn how?
Because it's a party game. You try giving a real lead guitar to your drunken friend, and see how well that goes.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
I thought the whole idea of these band games was to play random glorified karaoke songs with a group of mates when embarassingly drunk?

How would putting random Japanish bands in that few have even heard of, and fewer could sing due to a language block do that? I suppose the drunk factor would make for some hilarity, but I really don't see why they'd add anymore unknowns than they've already somehow managed to get away with.

However considering I can't buy these games 'cause I've no room to put the instruments, it doesn't really affect me, so therefore my argument is rendered moot.

Wainamoinen

Jan 16, 2010
DarkHourPrince said:
BeastofShadow said:
Hehe, or any of their older stuff for that matter. Even their newer stuff sets the weirdness bar way over the top.
Yeah, their PV's (promotional vids) are quite... odd and scary. But I'd love to play some of their newer songs, such as Agitated screams of the maggots or Clever Sleazoid. Great guitars and drums to play to, I'd imagine.

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLufpQq1nmg

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Wainamoinen said:
DarkHourPrince said:
BeastofShadow said:
Yeah, their PV's (promotional vids) are quite... odd and scary. But I'd love to play some of their newer songs, such as Agitated screams of the maggots or Clever Sleazoid. Great guitars and drums to play to, I'd imagine.
Look beyond the absolutely disturbing and weird imagery and I bet you could definitely pull out some good Guitar Hero hits. The Final, The Fatal Believer, Audience Killer Loop, Marmalade Chainsaw, Rotting Root.. There's some potential there.

Wainamoinen

Jan 16, 2010
DarkHourPrince said:
Look beyond the absolutely disturbing and weird imagery and I bet you could definitely pull out some good Guitar Hero hits. The Final, The Fatal Believer, Audience Killer Loop, Marmalade Chainsaw, Rotting Root.. There's some potential there.
Yeah, I agree completely. I've been a fan of them for nearly a decade and own allmost everything they've made from singles to DVD's :>

I'd love to play songs from Vulgar too, like The IIID Empire, Increase Blue etc.

akai-00

Jun 7, 2010
Aw, nightmare is a good one... but what about Maximum the Hormone!! (<3 Zesobou Billy and Buiiki Kaesu) or Galneryus (alsatia is amazing!) haha I love them. and even Abingdon Boys School or... the brilliant green (not rock, but i love tomoko kawase)

Chevy235

Jun 8, 2010
If J-Rock (puke) were any good, it wouldn't need to have its own category.

Rule of thumb.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
DemonGuy792 said:
lack of Maximum the Hormone on that list.
Dammit, I wanted to yell What's Up People, like an angry, non-homosexual Lil Wayne song. But don't get me wrong, that would of been awesome. If the have Nightmare, I guess that'll do.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That would be hilarious, and I would totally buy it (or at least make my friend, who would also be willing to buy it).

Please, this song would be perfect for Rock Band;

RockBeast69

Jul 15, 2011
This is awesome! I have been looking forward to this! I love both American & Japanese music (although I admit that I'm kind of a bigger fan of japanese music since I grew up with it & watched alot of anime & japanese films).

I have been requesting Japanese songs from both Rock Band & Guitar Hero for a few weeks since getting the games. I feel that this is a fun mission to get these artists added. I'm happy to see progress but I'm still gonna request to show them some other artists as well as iocrease the fan base & the chances of these songs getting added. I recommend requesting, it's easy & even people who do not have the games can do it.

On Rock Band.com, the "request a song" option is at the bottom of the page and also shows up when you enter the "songs" section of the site.

On Guitar Hero.com, I usually search for something not on the site which pulls up the request option (haven'nt done it for awhile, I have been requesting more for Rock Band) I recommend this because the more people that we request, the more chances are these songs & bands will be added. Well, that's my suggestion to help bring Japanese music to Rock Band as well as give Japanese artists more exposure. Have A Nice Day Everyone! ^_^

P.S X Japan's I'V is already apart of Rock Band! It's featured as a free bonus track when someone purchase Rock Band 2 (gotta be new because the code used to redeem it would usually be used in a used game).

RockBeast69

Jul 15, 2011
To avoid this from being read twice. I'm getting rid of the original, the quoted post is underneath. ^_^

RockBeast69

Jul 15, 2011
Chevy235 said:
If J-Rock (puke) were any good, it wouldn't need to have its own category.

Rule of thumb.
Thought I'd add this again because I forgot to quote lol

It's actually awesome:) I think the main reason why it's in it's own category is to saperate it from American rock because some people do not want to listen to japanese music. Jrock is actually a mix of rock genras like metal, rock, pop rock & much more. Encyclopedia & other sites usually category these bands in the same categories & genras of American bands.

Another example of this is that the X Japan song I.V (which appeared in a american film, Saw 4 in the creditss) is featured as a extra track for Rock Band 2 if you buy Rock Band 2 new & use the code that comes with the game. The song is categorized as metal on rock band not Jrock. I think Jrock is is more of a fan based category or a way to saperate japanese bands from american bands but when songs like this are added to the american line up, they get categorized like alot of American songs. I's quite impressive to see (like seening Dir en grey categorized as rock on one album & metal on another because of all their different styles). I also have seen it happen on sites like iTunes which has tons of Japanese music. Just wanted to mention that lol Thanks for reading & have a good day ^_^

Also for those of you that want your own Japanese bands added that are not on the list above, I recommend requesting on Rock Band.com like I mentioned in my first post since that heightens the chances of them getting added (I usually request every week or every other day).