Could you guys fill in a quick thing for my Sociology homework? (No links required)

xGraeme63x

Jul 5, 2011
1)Do you have a Religion?
Yes

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?
No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
Yes

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
Yes

6)Do you ever watch Religious television?
No

7)If yes, how often?
No

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious

Some of the answers are very black and white, and when dealing with something like this, there is no way to view it that way.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Yes

No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
No

No

7)If yes, how often?

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
Yes

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Yes

No

No

Yes (within reason- ie- divisive issues such as abortion should be handled very sensitively)

Yes (rel.of the family)

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/a

Yes but not actively.

Spiritual

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
1) Yes.
2) No.
3) No.
4) God slaughtered several cities full of people just because they didn't praise him... So no.
5) No.
6) No, except if you call The Simpsons religious... They go too church... sometimes.
7) Never.
8) Yes, but some of it seems... crazy. The occult seem a bit interesting though.
9) Surprisingly enough, spiritual.

And if someone wonders, no, I am not religious when it comes too the 5 main religions... Mine is very obscure.

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
Yes

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?)

No

No

Yes

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

No

Spiritual

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
1) Do you have a Religion? I'm an atheist, but I do pay respect to certain traditions (slava, Christmas etc., I'm Orthodox Christian btw)
2) If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent? No
3) Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious?? No
4) Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc? As much as any other set of tales, why not - but it should be used as a story (and regarded as such ie. fictitious or with the added explanation of what faith is), not religious recruitment
5) Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? Educated? Yes, they should know about it. Forced/goaded into it? No.
6) Do you ever watch Religious television? Does watching Nathan Fillion in Super count? If not, no :p
7) If yes, how often? Never. Ever, ever.
8) Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? In certain ideologies and such, yeah, but as an observer, not a follower
9) Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Ehhh, overall, country wise, I reckon the Religious viewpoint would be more represented. What "I" see, considering I'm mostly in the company of atheists/agnostics, is the Theistic/Spiritual PoVs (in a similar manner as described above in 8)

Sorry if I elaborated much, hope it's still helpful :)

jaffrosheep

Jun 18, 2011
No

No

No

Yes

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

Yes

Spiritual

Fledge

Jan 28, 2010
No

N/A

Yes

No - Teaching kids that there is always a plain right and wrong answer or solution definitely isn't the way forward in terms of moral development.

I would prefer for them to be taught the basics of every religion, so then when they are morally mature enough they can make the decision for themselves.

No

7)If yes, how often?
I don't think it's ever aired here.

I would like to spend a year living in a remote buddhist settlement. I have tried meditation a couple of times but I'm not entirely sure how it should work.

Religious

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
No

-

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
-

No

Religious

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
1) Yes

2)No?

3)No

4)Yes

5)Yes[footnote]On this I feel the need to elaborate that I think it should be at least informed of the Religion, but not pushed into it.[/footnote]

6)No

7) -Does not apply-

8)Yes[footnote]I find their ideals can be rather good[/footnote]

9)Religious

I hope your Homework does well, and that your hair smells of clean when you turn it in.

That One Six

Dec 14, 2008
1)Nope.

2)Nope.

3)Nope.

4)Too difficult for a yes/no question!

5)NO! Focusing on a single religion can result in bigotry and hatred.

6)No.

7)Never.

8)Kind of. I'm Taoist.

9)It varies. My mother/stepfather are not religious, but my long-term girlfriend is.