Could you guys fill in a quick thing for my Sociology homework? (No links required)

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
1) No

2) N/A

3) No

4) No

5) No to specifics, yes to all kinds of religions though.

6) No

7) N/A

8) Yes

9) Religious

DeadFOAM

Aug 7, 2010
1) No.

2) n/a

3) No.

4 Yes. I have the morals I have because I was raised in a religious family, but as time passed I decided for myself that there is no God.

5) This is an interesting topic for me. I'm atheist, my girlfriend is Jewish, raised in a home with a Catholic mother and a Muslim father. We've talked about this exact topic. If we have kids, they would be originally raised religious, but then given the choice to believe what they want once they're older.

6) No

7) No

8) Not really.

9) A mix of both. Live in Texas, so lots of religious people. But I'm in a fairly liberal area, so lots of non-religious but spiritual people.

Haukur Isleifsson

Jun 2, 2010
1)No

2)N/A

3)No

4)No

5)No

6)Yes

7)Once a year (The options to this particular questions are not good enough to account for all variability, I would need an option that was more often than once a year but less often than "at least once a month")

8)Yes

9)Spiritual (a bit of an unclear distinction I would say)

Luck and all.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
1)Do you have a Religion?
No

2)If yes, do you regularly attend church/equivalent?
N/A

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
No

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
No

6)Do you ever watch Religious television?
No

7)If yes, how often?
N/A

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
No

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
Yes, Christian

No, I rarely attend church

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be 'religious'?
No, I never thought that you had to go to church to be religious.

4)Do you think that Religion has a place in teaching children in terms of morality, etc?
Yes, But it shouldn't be the sole source.

5)Should children be educated on a specific religion from a young age? (E.g. prominent religion in that area, religion of family, etc)
Yes and no, It depends on what the religion is and how committed the family is to it.

Haha no

7)If yes, how often?
Never, I tried once and it bored the ever living out of me

8)Have you ever taken an interest in Theism/Spirituality? (Buddhism, meditation, etc)
Yes

9)Which do you see more often where you live, Religious, or Theistic/Spiritual points of view?
Religious

MoD1212

Feb 2, 2010
Yes

No

No

Yes(but only in a board moral sense "stealing is wrong" "killing is bad" etc)

No (if ur family is religious cool, but it shouldn't be forced in school or w/e)

No

7)If yes, how often?
n/a

Yes

Religious

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
1. No
1. N/A
3. No
4. Yes, in that it can be a viable tool for this end, but no, in that it should not be immediately defaulted to and should not be used in public schools. At home or in private schools is fine.
5. No, not in a specific religion.
6. No
7. N/A
8. No
9. Spiritual

Mar 28, 2011
1 No
2 No
3 No
4 Yes
5 No, unless it is an objective teaching, not shown as proof.
6 No
7 N/A
8 Yes, but merely for research purposes
9 Spiritual

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
1) Yes- Somewhere along the line of Deist to Atheist, so it would be fair to call me Agnostic
2) N/A
3) No
4) Yes, although only in a supplementary sense. There is a wide range of moral topics not covered by Religion, and it should be kept in mind that many Religious texts refer, at times, only in the context of the times in which they were published. The Commandments or Pillars of Islam are by no means valid enough to form morally correct people in the modern age.
5) Yes and No. It is the parents right to teach their children how to think about the world, but Religion is a family matter and should not enter mainstream culture through public institutions.
6) No
7) N/A
8) Yes - Considered entering ministry as a Presbyterian, but I am now an Atheist
9) I am by no means religious, so I suppose Spiritual, only in the sense that I wish to find my own meaning.

Simskiller

Oct 13, 2010
No

No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
no

No

Religious
Spiritual

Wait, what? You mean what's more popular around where I live? A mix of both I believe though I've never asked as I've never had the need.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
No, I prefer not to be so committal.

No

3)Do you think that somebody has to regularly attend church/equivalent to be ?religious??
No

No... in my experience, all Christianity or whatever teaches children is that if they're bad they go to hell. They're teaching them to be scared of things, not to do something out of decency.

No, to avoid the answer to question 4.

No

7)If yes, how often?
No

I like the ideas behind Buddhism. To be honest all religions have good ideas behind them, but it's when people take that religion and become willingly ignorant to other points of view that it becomes a bad thing.

Religious. It's a church community.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
1 Yes
2 No
3 No
4 Yes
5 Yes
6 No
7 n/a
8 Yes
9 Religious

Good deed for the day done. Now I can be evil again.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
No

No

No

No

No

Yes

Religious

Rule Britannia

Apr 20, 2011
Yes

No

No

No

No

No

7)If yes, how often?
-

No

Spiritual

Kamehapa

Oct 8, 2009
No
No
No
Only in the same manner as all other stories
No
No
N/A
No
There is not a difference between religious and spiritual.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Happy to help :)

No

No

Yes

Yes

No

7)If yes, how often?

Yes

Religious

JCBFGD

Jul 10, 2011
1)No.
2)N/A
3)No.
4)Yes, but only when it comes to good vs bad.
5)No
6)No
7)N/A
8)Yes
9)Religious

MadarseLizard

Jul 13, 2010
Always willing to help a fellow social scientist.

1)No
2)n/a
3)No, but depends on the person's specific religious requirements
4)No
5)Yes - the prominent religion in the country.
6)No
7)n/a
8)Yes
9)Religious