Could you kill a person?

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
Mr. Google said:
Anoni Mus said:
Who? A stranger? A guy you hate?

Probably yes, but had to be quick death, like cuting his head of with a Katana.
That seems a little to....up close and personal for me. Id have to do it from a distance with a gun. When you use a sword thats just messy and again really personal.

OT: oh yeah. If someones trying to kill me I have no doubt that I'm going to shoot back.
I think getting a gun in Portugal is harder than a Katana, that's why I said that.

More seriously, an headshot with gun from long distance sounds more easy to do and deal psycologicaly.
Alright that makes sense then. And yeah you're right it seems like you wouldnt even think about it. Snipers have the right idea haha

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
It depends who they are. If they're someone that I deem of no value to society and a general annoyance to me then I probably could. People are just fleshy machines. Unless they've proved themselves of use to society (e.g. a scientist, philosopher or a person who just generally makes the lives of others better more often than they do worse) then they don't really have any inherent value.

Although it's one thing to say it and another to do it. I've hurt people badly before, but they were trying to cause me harm so that's different to a premeditated act.

Addicted Muffin

Nov 6, 2010
this is a really complicated question,

If it came down to my life or theirs, there might be some hesitation in the end, but yes...
If it is just a passing "Imma kill dis foo", then no...

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Probably not. I don't mean morally; I'm not much good in a fight, so am pretty much physically incapable of killing another human being.

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
Physically, I'm capable of murder.
But mentally? No, probably not. I don't think I could bring myself to kill someone unless my life really depended on it.

Jan 27, 2011
Considering I can't kill even in my dreams (unless it's a one-hit-and-they-vanish kind of kill)...I don't think I could kill IRL.

I probably could if I was pushed to the limit of survive-or-die...but I would NOT get over it. Even if I had no choice (IE, killing a guy trying to murder me), I'd still feel sick.

So...no. I don't think I could kill anyone. So keep me the hell out of the army, I'd be useless.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Depends on the the situation and the person.

If I had to kill them, and it's someone I didn't know, and I could get away with it legally, then yes I could kill them and I would do so with style.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Ex_Solaris said:
I'm too much of a live and let live type person to really have the motivation to kill anyone. However, I've done two combat tours in the Army and that definitely changed the scope of things. I saw the big brazen soldiers claim they joined the Army to kill people turn into giant sopping wet 10 year old girls in fire fights and vice versa. All I'm trying to say really, is you've no idea what you're capable of when the situation calls for it.
The soldiers turning into pansies part entertains me.

To be honest, I don't really think many people can honestly answer this question until they've been in a life or death situation or had the opportunity to kill someone they sincerely thought deserved it or some such thing. I'm joining the Royal Marines in a few years, so I'd better damn well be ready.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
Actually I've just thought of a situation in which I probably would kill someone. If they were trying to hurt my cat, I'd show no quarter.

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
I'd be able to do it, but I'll drown in my own guilt afterwards.
I did TRY to kill someone by choking him when I was 6 years old.
Maybe that's why I'm such a loony.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Mr. Google said:
Anoni Mus said:
Mr. Google said:
Anoni Mus said:

That seems a little to....up close and personal for me. Id have to do it from a distance with a gun. When you use a sword thats just messy and again really personal.

OT: oh yeah. If someones trying to kill me I have no doubt that I'm going to shoot back.
I think getting a gun in Portugal is harder than a Katana, that's why I said that.

More seriously, an headshot with gun from long distance sounds more easy to do and deal psycologicaly.
Alright that makes sense then. And yeah you're right it seems like you wouldnt even think about it. Snipers have the right idea haha
Actually, because it's so easy to kill as a sniper, some professional military snipers have experienced a psychological disorder where they are utterly unable to bring themselves to kill someone whatsoever. Kinda leaves them hollow and sad. Not fun...

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
If I was in danger, or if someone I cared about was in danger, I wouldn't hesitate.
Normally I'm a pacifist, but I fully recognise the fact there are situations where violence is necessary.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
binnsyboy said:
Mr. Google said:
Anoni Mus said:
Mr. Google said:
Anoni Mus said:

Actually, because it's so easy to kill as a sniper, some professional military snipers have experienced a psychological disorder where they are utterly unable to bring themselves to kill someone whatsoever. Kinda leaves them hollow and sad. Not fun...
oh....well then!

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
If I need to use deadly force to prevent harm (or further harm) to myself and other people then I would.

Kiwilove

Apr 2, 2011
There are people I would be willing to hurt very badly (rapists, child abusers, sex-trafficers, and african 'witch-finders', off the top of my head). I might kill them, but that's because at that point, I probably wouldn't have the self control to stop hitting them.

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
I could do it to survive or to protect others, but just randomly killing a dude, hell no, and yes I would feel remorse either way if it was because they attacked me the remorse I would feel is more the "I'm sorry that I had to kill him but as for the person himself I don't really care" variety.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Not in cold blood. Hell no, I mean I might be able to physically do it, but the guilt would tear my psyche apart in about 20 minutes. In self defense though, I could and I would and I wouldn't feel guilty in the slightest. In that situation, the aggressor set the rules, I just followed them. He decided to put both of our lives on the line, and he would face the consequences of that decision.

EcoHulk

Aug 3, 2011
If I got to do what I need to do, I think I could do it. I've always had a less serious view on death than others have, I believe once you die, you don't care, your dead.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I don't really have a conscience, so I don't think it would be a problem.

The thing I would worry most about is getting caught. :p