Counter Strike 2

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I am not sure why I decided to play this game. It's f2p, meaning lots of live-service stuff. It's a competitive shooter, and has very little room for mistakes. In fact, as someone who HATED Valorant and f2p models, I went in expecting to hate it.

....And you know what? It's actually pretty good. Damn good, I might say!

Unlike COD, it requires more finesse and not going in guns blazing. Unlike Valorant or Siege, there's no bs abilities or gadgets; just your skills with guns, grenades, and knives.

Just like with OW2 Valve technically killed off CS:GO for this game, but the difference is that there ARE DIFFERENCES, mostly in the visuals. The updated visuals are great. The lighting, the bullets shooting through the smoke, and overall graphical improvements.

And while there are still f2p elements found, it's nowhere NEAR as egregious and predatory as the likes of OW2 or Fortnite.

Maybe this will be the game that slowly melts away my hatred towards competitve games.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I mean, its Counter Strike. I don't really like Counter Strike, the update is pretty but its still Counter Strike. Meh.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Don't get me wrong, people with reflexes of Mike Tyson in his prime and accuracy of Korean Archery team will still kick your ass hard, but at the very least, there aren't annoying voicelines from special agents

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I was never a Counter-Strike fan, but I'm happy if you are happy. So my brother's friends from college were CS fans, but I highly doubt they play anymore.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I was hardcore CS for many years. like the day steam launched, but I retired last year.

I'll play around a bit, but unfortunately all my friends only play competitive and I just don't have the mental or physical energy to put in to it anymore. CS is for kids that have like 8 hours a day to practice, same as with stuff like WOW. You're either all in or you're not.

One thing that largely keeps me away, that CS casual used to be all user managed servers, so you had the ability to have a social experience. They even had adult/christian servers where mods would keep it clean or invite chaos, but while the servers still exist Valve buried this under auto generated P2P matches where theres no admins and its just 12yos screaming at each other.

It sucks because when you could just go to your favorite servers everyday you got to meet the same people and I made a lot of friends there. Like you could have adult conversations with Jacob whomever cause you both get off work at the same time.

I get the impression that this is largely being replaced with Discord communities, but idk. Im not sure I have the or energy for yet another client obligation.

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
meh, I just played with some bots to try and stay awake during this call. Just looks like CSGO to me. Looking on reddit everybody agrees. Nothing new here, this is not the brand experience you were looking for just some optimization.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
I played CS:S a lot back around 2004-2010. I used to be pretty handy. My accuracy and reflexes weren't great - I wasn't one of those players who can snap a shot to a pixel in a fraction of a second, but I had a good strategic mind to be in the right place at the right time.

Hydroom

Nov 29, 2023
It's awesome to hear that you gave Counter Strike 2 a shot, despite your initial reservations! It sounds like you were pleasantly surprised by its gameplay mechanics and overall experience. The emphasis on skill-based gameplay without the distractions of abilities or gadgets does give it a unique edge in the competitive shooter genre.
If you're looking to enhance your CS:GO experience even further, you might want to check out skin.land. It's a great platform for buying and selling CS:GO skins, allowing you to customize your in-game appearance and potentially even earn some extra cash.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Unfortunately my fascination with CS 2 only lasted about few hours, and then I uninstalled it. I just can''t keep up with the competitiveness

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I am not sure why I decided to play this game. It's f2p, meaning lots of live-service stuff. It's a competitive shooter, and has very little room for mistakes. In fact, as someone who HATED Valorant and f2p models, I went in expecting to hate it.

....And you know what? It's actually pretty good. Damn good, I might say!

Unlike COD, it requires more finesse and not going in guns blazing. Unlike Valorant or Siege, there's no bs abilities or gadgets; just your skills with guns, grenades, and knives.

Just like with OW2 Valve technically killed off CS:GO for this game, but the difference is that there ARE DIFFERENCES, mostly in the visuals. The updated visuals are great. The lighting, the bullets shooting through the smoke, and overall graphical improvements.

And while there are still f2p elements found, it's nowhere NEAR as egregious and predatory as the likes of OW2 or Fortnite.

Maybe this will be the game that slowly melts away my hatred towards competitve games.
And if you want an older less marketplace driven experience, you can still download and play Counter Strike: Source.