Counter-Strike GO

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
FeloniousMonk said:
I'm seriously hoping there'll be a way to segregate PC and PS3 players. Then the gamepad vs Keyboard and mouse debate can finally be resolved.

Plus, I wouldn't much fancy being stuck on a team of 4 ps3 gamers against a full team of pc gamers.
Valve took out cross platform play quite a while ago. Good thing too, console gamers wouldn't stand a chance against even an average PC Counter Strike gamer.

daveman247

Jan 20, 2012
Skywolf09 said:
daveman247 said:
The only game mode they nicked from cod is gun game...
CORRECTION: CoD nicked gun game from Counter Strike.

It was originally a server mod for the CS games and has existed for a long, looooonngg, llooooooonnnnngggggg while before Black Ops decided to include it in a CoD game.

As i said before, i havnt really played counterstrike much 'till now. Honest mistake :)

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
daveman247 said:
Spitfire said:
All that being said, I'm not sure I'd suggest getting CS:GO on the 360. Maybe I'm subjective, but I really don't think that it's the kind of the game that should be played with a gamepad.
Spitfire said:
I never claimed that it didn't.

... o_O
Nope, still not seeing it.

What I said was that, in my opinion, CS:GO is not the kind of game that should be played with a gamepad; I never said that it cannot be played with it.
Counter-Strike is a game that puts a lot of emphasis on the aiming, more so that any other FPS that I can think of. A skilled enough player can potentially take down an entire well-equipped team with nothing but a cheap pistol and a number of well-placed shots, a feat that cannot be accomplished with the use of a gamepad and auto-aim; after all, there's a reason why the developers dropped cross-platform play for CS:GO. While obviously not a lot of players will reach that level of skill, much of the game's appeal comes from that sort of competitive pursuit. Take a look at any CS 1.6 CPL match, and you'll see why hundreds of thousands of people are still playing an 11 year old game.
The point is that, while the console version of CS:GO may have been properly configured for gamepads, I don't think that you're getting the full CS experience playing it that way. Just my opinion.

Burrito With Legs

Jan 27, 2012
I find Global Offensive very offensive. I'm being serious but thought I'd make a pun at the same time.

Valve is basically doing what Riot did with Pulsefire Ezreal - "HEY GUIS IF WE MAKE ANYTHING OUR USERS WILL PAY FOR IT!" CS:GO is just a way for them to make some cash and reboot the Counter-Strike series.

FeloniousMonk

Aug 24, 2012
ToastiestZombie said:
FeloniousMonk said:
I'm seriously hoping there'll be a way to segregate PC and PS3 players. Then the gamepad vs Keyboard and mouse debate can finally be resolved.

Plus, I wouldn't much fancy being stuck on a team of 4 ps3 gamers against a full team of pc gamers.
Valve took out cross platform play quite a while ago. Good thing too, console gamers wouldn't stand a chance against even an average PC Counter Strike gamer.
I don't know, it would be nice as an option.

The keyboard and mouse vs controller debate has been raging for years, this would make it redundant, then I could smugly grin at all my console friends =(

ChadSexington

Apr 14, 2011
I played it and I didn't enjoy it. I don't really have a reason, I just didn't enjoy the time spent playing that game.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
daveman247 said:
Skywolf09 said:
daveman247 said:
The only game mode they nicked from cod is gun game...
CORRECTION: CoD nicked gun game from Counter Strike.

It was originally a server mod for the CS games and has existed for a long, looooonngg, llooooooonnnnngggggg while before Black Ops decided to include it in a CoD game.

As i said before, i havnt really played counterstrike much 'till now. Honest mistake :)
Ahh, right right. Just wanted to make sure you knew. I mean, I first played Gun Game in the Goldeneye: Source mod and that was at least a year or two before Black Ops was even announced...

[small]Speaking of modes CoD nicked from Counter Strike, there's a very good reason I call Search and Destroy "Counter Strike in Disguise". XP[/small]

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
I hate it so much.
Yeah, the graphics are great, but that's not why I play valve games.
It's a watered down piece of crap version of CS:S with fancy new map updates, and CoD clone game modes.

The damn thing took away all of the little things I loved about CS, and replaced them with generic CoD crapness.
And plus, the buy system. Mother of fuck does it suck.
Consoles, please stay out of Counter Strike... please?
I'm sorry, but what?

I take it you aren't aware that the people behind Call of Duty stole ideas like GunGame from Counter-Strike?

Also, what the hell's wrong with updating some of the old maps? A lot of them, like Dust, were terribly unbalanced. The new changes make them much much better.

For that matter, what's wrong with the buy system? It's even faster and easier now. Besides, you can still do the ole' "rebuy/quickbuy" or the usual key sequence "b,1,4" for example.

I've been playing Counter-Strike since before 1.6. Hell, I played it when it was still in an alpha form as an old Half-Life 1 mod.

Baring that in mind, when I tell you that CS:GO is quite honestly the best Counter-Strike game to date, you know I'm not just making stuff up. The sheer level of polish and balance they've brought to the game will make the competitive scene for it soooo much better. At least now tourney matches won't devolve into "four m4s and an awp" vs "four aks and an awp". Christ that got boring. And I was a part of the pro scene for a time. I can tell you first hand how boring it got.

I'm sorry, but I just fail to see how one can see any influence from Call of Duty in this new Counter-Strike.

It boggles the mind.

Burrito With Legs said:
I find Global Offensive very offensive. I'm being serious but thought I'd make a pun at the same time.

Valve is basically doing what Riot did with Pulsefire Ezreal - "HEY GUIS IF WE MAKE ANYTHING OUR USERS WILL PAY FOR IT!" CS:GO is just a way for them to make some cash and reboot the Counter-Strike series.
That's funny, I was under the impression that Global Offensive actually started out as an attempt to convert the PC version of Counter-Strike: Source into a console build for Playstation 3 and Xbox360.

During the development, however, they ended up tossing out everything and just starting from scratch. Building an entirely new game on a new version of the Source engine.

But I guess the people over at Valve are lying about that. Thank God for random forum posters like you who are so willing to enlighten the rest of us.

Thank you.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Hardcore_gamer said:
MASTACHIEFPWN said:
And plus, the buy system. Mother of fuck does it suck.
Consoles, please stay out of Counter Strike... please?
I don't get the complaints about the new buying system. I think its 10x better then the old ones, since buying guns and items can now be done with just a few quick mouse clicks and is much easier.

Also, how many people actually care about being able to select their character module at start? I don't get it why they removed the option, but I honestly did not even notice this until somebody on this thread pointed this out.
I'm assuming because most people complaining about it assume it's designed solely for console analog stick quick-selection.

It's as if they're saying, "How fucking dare Valve have a console-centric mechanic grace one of their games, even if it's a more efficient method then previous versions. They should leave those things for the unwashed masses; i.e. console gamers."

Honestly, I think a lot of the complaints coming out of GO's release are either people just bitching for the sake of bitching or people, who never liked the series in the first place, just trying to harp on Valve and the players who do play the games.

'Course, there are the old-blow-hards who are hating on GO simply because it isn't 1.6 or Source. But then, isn't that sort of the point?

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Burrito With Legs said:
Because companies have never lied before. Anyways, I'm not saying Valve is lying, I'm just saying CS:GO is just a remake of CS:S. It's only got a 15$ price point, however, which isn't bad for an updated version of it.

But thank God for blockheads like you who have no idea what they're talking about but like to sound cocky and arrogant. You can go ahead and say "NO THAT'S YOU" if you like, it will only make my side of the argument stronger.

You're welcome.
I was going to apologize for the tone of my previous post. I let an argument I had with someone; someone who was insulting me for buying GO for the same reasons you listed; make it's way into my post. I generally don't do that sort of thing and would normally feel bad about it. As such, I'm sorry.

However, you had to take it a step further and actually insult me out-right. There's no call for that.

I don't like to sound "cocky and arrogant". I despise that. However, despite your assertions, I do know what I'm talking about here.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive

Notice the bit about the game starting out as a console version of CS:S and expanding into a entirely new, full game?

Seems like a lot of work put into a "cash-grab" project.

Just sayin'.

peruvianskys

Jun 8, 2011
If nothing else, it's revitalized the community by bringing in new blood. I personally am enjoying it very much. I love the new HUD especially and the five-man match system they've set up. I'm not totally sold on the new modes but I don't have to play them so it doesn't really matter to me.

I've been playing since 1.6 and I have to say that I think this is the best version yet.

Burrito With Legs

Jan 27, 2012
Vigormortis said:
Burrito With Legs said:
Because companies have never lied before. Anyways, I'm not saying Valve is lying, I'm just saying CS:GO is just a remake of CS:S. It's only got a 15$ price point, however, which isn't bad for an updated version of it.

But thank God for blockheads like you who have no idea what they're talking about but like to sound cocky and arrogant. You can go ahead and say "NO THAT'S YOU" if you like, it will only make my side of the argument stronger.

You're welcome.
I was going to apologize for the tone of my previous post. I let an argument I had with someone; someone who was insulting me for buying GO for the same reasons you listed; make it's way into my post. I generally don't do that sort of thing and would normally feel bad about it. As such, I'm sorry.

However, you had to take it a step further and actually insult me out-right. There's no call for that.

I don't like to sound "cocky and arrogant". I despise that. However, despite your assertions, I do know what I'm talking about here.

http://counterstrike.wikia.com/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive

Notice the bit about the game starting out as a console version of CS:S and expanding into a entirely new, full game?

Seems like a lot of work put into a "cash-grab" project.

Just sayin'.
I insulted you because I found your post insulting at the time. Having re-read it, I probably shouldn't have lashed out at you and I realized that after I posted, and also would like to apologize and grab a cup of tea if you would accept that. :)

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Burrito With Legs said:
I insulted you because I found your post insulting at the time. Having re-read it, I probably shouldn't have lashed out at you and I realized that after I posted, and also would like to apologize and grab a cup of tea if you would accept that. :)
Make it a tall cup of Earl-Grey and you've got yourself a deal.

Burrito With Legs

Jan 27, 2012
Vigormortis said:
Burrito With Legs said:
Make it a tall cup of Earl-Grey and you've got yourself a deal.
Haha. :p Apologies again, Mr. Vigor.