Countries where XBL connection for Xbox One will be supported on launch day, now listed!

Norrdicus

Feb 27, 2012
I'd put this in one of the many Xbone threads usually, but I feel the information is important enough to show in the thread list

So, where can you play with the Xbox One on launch day [http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer]?

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

Dec 14, 2009
Man, look at all those countries that won't be buying the Xbone...

No Asian nations?

The hell is the deal with that?

IpponDropkick

Jun 12, 2013
How does this relate to the check in? Like, will you be able to play it all if you're not green on the map? Is it even on sale there?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

No Asian nations?

Asia: Continent with some of the best internet (speed and reliability) in the world. Shall we allow them to have our console, which has a big focus on internet connection and all that shit.

Nah, fuck them.

I mean, I know your current console isn't going down particularly well in Asia at the moment, Microsoft, but that's no reason to fuck off the few people there who did buy it. All you're doing is making sure that you're going to lose even those people

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

No Asian nations?

I thought they were trying to appeal to the Japanese audience a bit with a Panzer Dragon Orta spiritual successor so it seems weird that they're not making a bigger push.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Odgical said:
Will they even sell the consoles to those countries that they don't support on Xbox live?
I imagine probably not. If I recall correctly Japan stopped selling the Xbox 360 about a year ago or so anyway, and China has always been rather fastidious when it comes to... well, everything. I dunno why India, Africa, a great deal of Eastern Europe, and most of South America aren't being supported, but... well, Microsoft doesn't seem to even care about the customers in countries that are being supported, so it's not so much of a surprise to me personally.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
I'd like to point out that in addition to leaving out the Asian market, they left out the Gulf countries, which has one of the wealthiest populations I ever seen. I used to live there(Abu Dhabi to be precise) for a while, nearly every household had a current gen console as well as it's predecessors. They just lost a lot of potential customers.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
Anathrax said:
I'd like to point out that in addition to leaving out the Asian market, they left out the Gulf countries, which has one of the wealthiest populations I ever seen. I used to live there(Abu Dhabi to be precise) for a while, nearly every household had a current gen console as well as it's predecessors. They just lost a lot of potential customers.
I think that's just the UAE, but not supporting the UAE is nuts.

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Microsoft's just mad cause they know the Japanese buy Japanese products eg. Playstation.

The other Asian countries could be because MS is afraid of piracy, and MS wouldn't be able to Big-Brother them effectively.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Wow, as if they didn't have enough of a problem marketing to Asia/Japan etc, with the very American focus at their announcement and how they said they will be working to make it appeal to their demographic too, yeah, delaying it will really work well for that.

Most people there will already be going for a PS4, there are several that may gone for the next Xbox, but impatience will send them to the other side.

Anathrax said:
Yep, a silly way to go really. Even is the PSN isn't available in some countries right away, they will be able to play the games and such on it.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
Sooo apperently a Polish buddy of mine who really loves the Halo games and might have nabbed an XBone just for the next game in the franchise will be SOL because Microsoft doesn't want to have his country supported.

Nice going there, Microsoft. You say you want millions of sales, yet you're already alienating even more people than you already have.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Odgical said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Odgical said:
*looks at the map*

I see they got all the important countries. And Brazil. Good.

Anyway, I'm confused, I thought the X-1 had to be connected to the internet once a day to play? So how do the people in, say, South Africa play their single player games? Or don't they?

Once again, very confused about this generation. I'll wait until the complaints have grown more coagulated to pick a side.
See I'm smart enough to not be this ignorant, I know theres civilizations the world over

buttttt... I just got the image of someone getting out of a microsoft helicopter and handing a very scared tribesman an Xbox One. At first he doesn't know what to make of it, then he bashes the guy in the suit over the head with it, killing him. He consumes the suit man's heart, and praises the Xbox One as a God!!!!
Oh Christ. I made it sound like I think South Africa doesn't have internet didn't I?

I'm sorry, everyone. I meant, if they can't connect to Xbox Live, because Xbox Live doesn't support them on release, then can they still play single player games? Will they even sell the consoles to those countries that they don't support on Xbox live?

Calling me ignorant. Hmph.
Oh ha, sorry man, I didn't mean to imply you were ignorant. :p

I meant that I know well enough that there aren't like african tribals but I couldn't get the image out of my head.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
That's... a short list. But, what do I know? Maybe those are the all the countries Microsoft have only supported for the last two generations.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
Odgical said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Odgical said:
*looks at the map*

I see they got all the important countries. And Brazil. Good.

Anyway, I'm confused, I thought the X-1 had to be connected to the internet once a day to play? So how do the people in, say, South Africa play their single player games? Or don't they?

Once again, very confused about this generation. I'll wait until the complaints have grown more coagulated to pick a side.
See I'm smart enough to not be this ignorant, I know theres civilizations the world over

buttttt... I just got the image of someone getting out of a microsoft helicopter and handing a very scared tribesman an Xbox One. At first he doesn't know what to make of it, then he bashes the guy in the suit over the head with it, killing him. He consumes the suit man's heart, and praises the Xbox One as a God!!!!
Oh Christ. I made it sound like I think South Africa doesn't have internet didn't I?

I'm sorry, everyone. I meant, if they can't connect to Xbox Live, because Xbox Live doesn't support them on release, then can they still play single player games? Will they even sell the consoles to those countries that they don't support on Xbox live?

Calling me ignorant. Hmph.
Oh ha, sorry man, I didn't mean to imply you were ignorant. :p

I meant that I know well enough that there aren't like african tribals but I couldn't get the image out of my head.
Way off topic I know but hear me out.

There are still tribal people in Africa just not South Africa.

On Topic: All this really boils down to is that Microsoft is positioning themselves to sell less Xboxes overall. I suspect that the limited launch is 100% due to not having the Xbox Live infrastructure set up to support a full world wide launch. Therefore they will be rolling things out in waves, starting with the countries they feel will sell the best.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Xarathox said:
That's... a short list. But, what do I know? Maybe those are the all the countries Microsoft have only supported for the last two generations.
Last I checked you can buy a Xbox 360 in Japan, Poland, Greece, Argentina, and Greenland. I am lying . I haven't checked any of those countries, but ten American dollars says Xbox is currently supported there.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
RoBi3.0 said:
Xarathox said:
Last I checked you can buy a Xbox 360 in Japan, Poland, Greece, Argentina, and Greenland. I am lying . I haven't checked any of those countries, but ten American dollars says Xbox is currently supported there.
The thing that I like about this, is someone pointed out that Microsoft has developers in Poland and Japan making games for the Xbox1 when the console won't even work in their home country =D

theresay

Jan 26, 2013
Well technically video games are illegal in Chain, so it's understandable that it's not supported (people there can only play imports). But it really seems rather bad from a business point of view to exclude countries that they have already established some base, such as Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
RoBi3.0 said:
Xarathox said:
Not in Japan. The 360 stopped being sold in Japan about a year or so ago.

I do know that in certain Asian countries (China, Korea, etc.) the console market doesn't exist due to PC gaming being the default platform.