Countries where XBL connection for Xbox One will be supported on launch day, now listed!

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
Just to play devil's advocate for a second, I'm sure this has more to do with each nation's bureaucracy than it does with Microsoft being a company of out of touch mustache twirlers.

SaneAmongInsane said:
buttttt... I just got the image of someone getting out of a microsoft helicopter and handing a very scared tribesman an Xbox One. At first he doesn't know what to make of it, then he bashes the guy in the suit over the head with it, killing him. He consumes the suit man's heart, and praises the Xbox One as a God!!!!
Funny, I'd imagine it'd go down something like this.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
As a comparison, here's the OP's map of where Xbox Live will be available on the XB1 at launch:

And, courtesy of Wikipedia, here's a map showing the availability of Xbox Live on the 360, as of December 2012:

That's a lot of missing green, ain't it? 20 countries worth. Half of the current list will not be getting Xbox Live at launch.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
BrotherRool said:
RoBi3.0 said:
Xarathox said:
That's... a short list. But, what do I know? Maybe those are the all the countries Microsoft have only supported for the last two generations.
Last I checked you can buy a Xbox 360 in Japan, Poland, Greece, Argentina, and Greenland. I am lying . I haven't checked any of those countries, but ten American dollars says Xbox is currently supported there.
The thing that I like about this, is someone pointed out that Microsoft has developers in Poland and Japan making games for the Xbox1 when the console won't even work in their home country =D
I know it is ironically hilarious.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Xarathox said:
RoBi3.0 said:
Xarathox said:
That's... a short list. But, what do I know? Maybe those are the all the countries Microsoft have only supported for the last two generations.
Last I checked you can buy a Xbox 360 in Japan, Poland, Greece, Argentina, and Greenland. I am lying . I haven't checked any of those countries, but ten American dollars says Xbox is currently supported there.
Not in Japan. The 360 stopped being sold in Japan about a year or so ago.

I do know that in certain Asian countries (China, Korea, etc.) the console market doesn't exist due to PC gaming being the default platform.
In all fairness. I bet 10 dollars that Xbox 360 was currently supported in Japan. The availability of Xbox Live there for 360 indicates that this is true. So no 10 dollars for you. I will however award you with one Internet for pointing out that you can buy a 360 there anymore. ;)

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
I am still unsure of how it is going to be sold in Europe. Especially with its restrictions on the Sale of used games.

After all there was that court case last year that required digital purchases with an unlimited time frame of license to be re-sold. Thus Microsoft trying to place restrictions on that would mean lots of money for European Solicitors.

And here is a link to the Escapist article on it from last year for those who don't remember it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118245-EU-Court-Legalizes-Selling-Used-Digital-Games

Then we have this:

Daystar Clarion said:
Man, look at all those countries that won't be buying the Xbone...

No Asian nations?

The hell is the deal with that?
So Lawsuits in Europe and No sales in Asia (outside of Australia and New Zealand). Well that is a market of 3 billion that has just been ignored.

Microsoft you so silly

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Odgical said:
*looks at the map*

I see they got all the important countries. And Brazil. Good.

Anyway, I'm confused, I thought the X-1 had to be connected to Xbox Live once a day to play? So how do the people in, say, South Africa play their single player games if there's no Xbox Live to connect to? Or won't they even sell the boxes there? Which seems harsh.

Once again, very confused about this generation. I'll wait until the complaints have grown more coagulated to pick a side.
The way I understand with the X-bone, no connection = no playing, period. Doesn't matter if if the game is totally single-player. You don't necessarily need to be connected all the time, but you have to connect at least every 24 hours and it has to be consistent enough to complete this "check-in."

So...yeah. I'm not touching this thing with a 39 and a half foot pole.

Kastrenzo

Jun 2, 2013
Well f*** you Central and Eastern Europe, go back to your barbarism and poverty, you can't afford our glorious plastic box.

~ Microsoft

Except Russia is in there. what

Also, Brazil but not Portugal? that's just mean.
Oh well, MS, what do you expect

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Lilani said:
Odgical said:
*looks at the map*

I see they got all the important countries. And Brazil. Good.

Anyway, I'm confused, I thought the X-1 had to be connected to Xbox Live once a day to play? So how do the people in, say, South Africa play their single player games if there's no Xbox Live to connect to? Or won't they even sell the boxes there? Which seems harsh.

Once again, very confused about this generation. I'll wait until the complaints have grown more coagulated to pick a side.
The way I understand with the X-bone, no connection = no playing, period. Doesn't matter if if the game is totally single-player. You don't necessarily need to be connected all the time, but you have to connect at least every 24 hours and it has to be consistent enough to complete this "check-in."

So...yeah. I'm not touching this thing with a 39 and a half foot pole.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. That's doing the Grinch a disservice, isn't it? Surely the XB1 requires a longer pole than even he does.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
I'm starting to wonder, is the XBone actually some weird psych experiment that MS is running? Did someone high up at MS make a bar bet that they couldn't piss off the entire world by Christmas? Who are they letting handle the PR and marketing? Ed te night janitor? Is this whole Xbox One reveal actually secretly some sort of Sasha Barron Cohen Borat type movie? Because this can't possibly be real?

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Man, look at all those countries that won't be buying the Xbone...

No Asian nations?

The hell is the deal with that?
You would have thought they remember Japan, Korea and China at the very least right?

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
#Every country not on the list:- "Why would I want to live THERE?"

PS4 for me, and perhaps a new gaming PC.

Anathrax

Jan 14, 2013
Requia said:
Anathrax said:
I'd like to point out that in addition to leaving out the Asian market, they left out the Gulf countries, which has one of the wealthiest populations I ever seen. I used to live there(Abu Dhabi to be precise) for a while, nearly every household had a current gen console as well as it's predecessors. They just lost a lot of potential customers.
I think that's just the UAE, but not supporting the UAE is nuts.
Not just the UAE. About most of the youth in Oman, Qatar, even Saudi Arabians(Not in Mekka or Medina) live on consoles.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
BrotherRool said:
RoBi3.0 said:
Xarathox said:
The thing that I like about this, is someone pointed out that Microsoft has developers in Poland and Japan making games for the Xbox1 when the console won't even work in their home country =D
Poland is a big one, one of the most famous developers out there that has TWO massive games being lauched on the XBO next year not having access to XBO servers in their own country to test compatability with the console?

Same with Japan.

Nice one, Microsoft.

Alexandre Lemke

Jul 27, 2011
Why people are so impressed that Brazil is in the map? hauhau

We are on the map probably because we are a third of Latin America and we are in a boom. Also because Microsoft produce 360s here, so they must have some arrangement to produce X1 in the near future. We have broadband internet in enough places, and we game a lot.

What I don't frakking understand is how they are going to sell around here charging U$1100? No, not a typo, U$1100.

As far as see with people with whom I talk, Sony is preferred. Everyone who had an X360 actually want a PS3, but want pirates games.

So, if the daily ping is a problem, the can just direct it with NA servers and it is fine.

But I really doubt they are going to win this battleground of CONSOOOLES WAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Oh hey my country is up there, I guess that indicates we're a significant buying force? Does that mean we can have netflix now? Or hulu? Or a gaming convention worth mentioning? Pwetty pwease?

Kefo

May 19, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/eX7F7kS.jpg

don't forget this gem. Seems MS really likes to piss off potential customers. lol

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
I like how Africa is just this huge grey continent on the map. No need for social commentary, this thing just writes itself!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
May have been asked & answered already, but was XBL available to everyone upon the launch of the 360? Yeah, I know that it's a more serious matter since in order to even use the Xbone you need the connection, but I'm still just wondering.