Countries where XBL connection for Xbox One will be supported on launch day, now listed!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Wise enough not to include any country for South America (except Brazil). They know the pirated market is too strong there to even try to make a profit with the PS4 or the Xbone. People there mostly stick to the PS2 and the original Xboxes because the games are so easy to counterfeit.

Alexandre Lemke

Jul 27, 2011
Johnny Novgorod said:
Wise enough not to include any country for South America (except Brazil). They know the pirated market is too strong there to even try to make a profit with the PS4 or the Xbone. People there mostly stick to the PS2 and the original Xboxes because the games are so easy to counterfeit.
I really doubt that's the reason. If you have to ping and have an account in order to play the game, it is impossible to play pirate games.

If jailbreacking can turn this around, then why it exist in the first place?

I think that it just a matter of small markets and not enough infrastructure for "the cloud".

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ha! Take that countries that Microsoft doesn't think are important!

LoL Portugal!

Guys. Don't buy an Xbone, even if you're in one of the Countries that matter to Microsoft. Just don't. At least not on Launch day, maybe wait a week if you're really hell bent on letting a Kinnect beam footage of your living-room to Bill Gates' personal "jerk off material server" Just let them go seven days with terrible sales numbers. Please.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Dr.Panties said:
#Every country not on the list:- "Why would I want to live THERE?"

PS4 for me, and perhaps a new gaming PC.
That almost makes some sense. Doesn't China still restrict foreign made video game consoles? At least ones that are internet connected? Japan only ever bought a couple of hundred thousand XBox 360's and only a few thousand original XBox's. I'm not sure why they would skip South Korea. I thought the 360 sold really well there?

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
From what I've heard, Microsofts consoles have never done extremely well in the asian part of the world, so I assume that has less to do with internet quality(which I'm sure theirs is fine, if not top notch) and more with profits.
Understandable.

But what the flippity-flop is up with excluding ALL of Africa?
"Oh no need to sell it there, that's all just savages and lion poop."

That's just vaguely, possibly racist.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
This is not rocket science people. All Microsoft did was take the 20 best selling Xbox 360 countries and decided that was the goal to get the Xbox One running. It not like this was said and done and no other country is going to get support. After they finish with the first 20, they'll start working on the next 20 and the list will probably be added to by launch if they have the additional resources.

neppakyo

Apr 3, 2011
*sigh* This is so sad, and im in one of the green countries. I'm lucky I have a good connection, if I lived 5 miles in either direction, I'd be stuck with dial up.

Anyone else hoping hackers bring down the servers on xbone launch day? I would find that ironically funny.

Dr.Panties

Dec 30, 2010
faefrost said:
Dr.Panties said:
#Every country not on the list:- "Why would I want to live THERE?"

PS4 for me, and perhaps a new gaming PC.
That almost makes some sense. Doesn't China still restrict foreign made video game consoles? At least ones that are internet connected? Japan only ever bought a couple of hundred thousand XBox 360's and only a few thousand original XBox's. I'm not sure why they would skip South Korea. I thought the 360 sold really well there?
Repost from another thread: This fallacy comes up all the time, ie: "console ban in China". It's a vague "grey" ban, which amounts to being empty policy that is not at all enforced. I've been here for years. The amount of people that have all of the current and past consoles/handhelds is insane. Why, just today, I received two new games (one ps3 and one xbox 360 game) in the post from Hong Kong. I also bought both of my consoles in Hong Kong, and brought them back with me to the mainland.

Xbox LIVE may be banned here, but the consoles certainly aren't. I guarantee you will see a "CrackXBone" here within 2 years of release.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
Baldr said:
This is not rocket science people. All Microsoft did was take the 20 best selling Xbox 360 countries and decided that was the goal to get the Xbox One running. It not like this was said and done and no other country is going to get support. After they finish with the first 20, they'll start working on the next 20 and the list will probably be added to by launch if they have the additional resources.
Yeah, that's not really gonna work when all those people get tired of waiting for Microsoft to deem their country worthy and decide to just buy a PS4 instead, now is it?

D'you know how they could have got the Xbone up and running in every country straight away? As in, from day one of launch?

Not including that retarded online requirement.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Andy Shandy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Man, look at all those countries that won't be buying the Xbone...

No Asian nations?

The hell is the deal with that?
Asia: Continent with some of the best internet (speed and reliability) in the world. Shall we allow them to have our console, which has a big focus on internet connection and all that shit.

Nah, fuck them.

I mean, I know your current console isn't going down particularly well in Asia at the moment, Microsoft, but that's no reason to fuck off the few people there who did buy it. All you're doing is making sure that you're going to lose even those people
I'd immediately
Andy Shandy said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Man, look at all those countries that won't be buying the Xbone...

No Asian nations?

The hell is the deal with that?
Asia: Continent with some of the best internet (speed and reliability) in the world. Shall we allow them to have our console, which has a big focus on internet connection and all that shit.

Nah, fuck them.

I mean, I know your current console isn't going down particularly well in Asia at the moment, Microsoft, but that's no reason to fuck off the few people there who did buy it. All you're doing is making sure that you're going to lose even those people
I personally wonder if it's because Microsoft figures it will be knocked off there in record time, and figures it doesn't want to officially sell there because they will hardly move any units. It would also in theory make it easier to deal with some of the issues of supporting pirated hardware by simply not supporting those nations, anything there must have been stolen, or at least wasn't a legitimate sale since they don't deal with the region. Right now their lame market penetration at least opens up the hypothetical possibility that consoles operating from down there could be legitimate.

To be honest with the problems in the region, especially due to China's knockoff businesses, I'd be reluctant to do business down there either.

That said, time will tell. I'm sure if there is a sudden demand for X-boxes and people are willing to pay top dollar to import them in huge quantities, Microsoft will oblige.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Is it just my eyesight or is Northern Ireland left grey on that map, even though the Republic and the rest of the UK are green?
That wouldn't make sense though.
Edit, never mind,it's just the way the map is filled in.