Countries you've never visited, but want to.

thejboy88

Aug 29, 2010
Title says it all. What, out of all the countries out there, would you like to go to and experience if you had the choice? And why?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Can I say all of them?

Seriously, travelling is one of my major life plans.
I've only travelled to four countries, add the one I live in and that's 191 left to see.

Randoman01

Apr 19, 2013
China: I have always had an interest in China and Chinese culture. I would like to experience their country and their history.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Japan and/or China, I've visited a lot of Western countries but I haven't had the chance to see the Far East yet. I find the culture very interesting and it'd be something different from where I've already been.

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
I'd love to go to Japan. That's probably going to be a recurring thought in here.
People on these forums wanting to go to Japan?

What?

Noo...

I can't imagine that it'll be popular at all.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Colour Scientist said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
I'd love to go to Japan. That's probably going to be a recurring thought in here.
People on these forums wanting to go to Japan?

What?

Noo...

I can't imagine that it'll be popular at all.
If only it wasn't so expensive!

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I've got quite a list, mostly in Europe it seems. My list anyway would be: Ireland, the U.K., Canada, Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Norway, Denmark, and the Netherlands. A few others might be escaping me at the moment, but those would be the main places.

To bad I hate flying, so that leaves me with Canada as the only one I could travel to easily.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Hey. Hey Iceland. Yeah, you. Over there.

You. Me. You.

One day.

And it's easier than ever now, because Iceland Air has gone and extended its reach aaaaaaall the way out over here to Western Canada, and they have surprisingly great rates. :D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Turkey, Russia, Southeast Asia, China.

No real reason beyond the fact that they seem very different to my home country (that being Australia).

Mimic

Jul 22, 2014
Lots of places too really.
I'd love to go to Canada for the landscape (also for the hockey as you never really get to see it in the UK), Madagascar for its unique wildlife and landscape of bottle baobabs; I've been to South Africa but would love to see more of the African continent like the migrations through Kenya or the delta in Botswana. I'd really like to go see the Amazon rainforest too and was thinking of Ecuador but don't know if I could stand that heat/humidity!

Iceland's on the list too for its amazing landscape but hopefully I can cross that off the list in September.

Colour Scientist

Jul 15, 2009
lacktheknack said:

You. Me. You.

One day.

And it's easier than ever now, because Iceland Air has gone and extended its reach aaaaaaall the way out over here to Western Canada, and they have surprisingly great rates. :D
Two of my friends moved there in the past year and they love it.

Their photos make me insanely jealous.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
Id love to do a safari in Africa. Id love to see all the animals that you see in zoo but up close and in the wild.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Colour Scientist said:
lacktheknack said:

You. Me. You.

One day.

Two of my friends moved there in the past year and they love it.

Their photos make me insanely jealous.
I plan to do a multi-month vacation there in the next few years. :D

I'll be sure to post pics. xD

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
To me it's these three-

Japan (nuff said)
Italy (the photos look pretty from those tourist mags)
New York (nuff said althought my bro had been there twice...)

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
In no particular order:

Germany - Long ago my family came from here and the seemingly unending stream of interesting (though not always positive) stuff that comes out of here seems worth visiting.

France - A nation so important to how the world is right now is worth visiting too. Doesn't hurt that some of my favorite artists and thinkers came from here.

Greece - Same reason as the previous two but this time I'll throw in the food. There are aspects of French and German culinary tradition that I appreciate but Mediterranean food is so very different from what I usually eat that it's inevitably a memorable experience.

Italy - Home of one of the great Empires situated in a place that, according to pictures at least, is staggering to behold.

Switzerland - I love the outdoors and have always wanted to take a few weeks to hike in the alps. Also, any nation that can produce warriors like the famed Swiss Pike-men is bound to be interesting.

Turkey - Home to many great empires across time, it seems like this great crossroads of a nation is worth exploring at length.

Mongolia - I grew up in the American Steppe and it seems like this is the place to visit for the much larger Asian one. Plus, it is the land that spawned the greatest military machine and largest land empire of all time.

China - The consummate bureaucratic historians live in a nation with more recorded history than any other. It is also a land in rapid transition. Showing up to see that happen in person seems worthwhile.

Australia - Animals you won't find elsewhere. Might as well see them on my terms before they inevitably invade my home and murder me in my sleep.

Canada - I have actually been here a few times but there are quite a few forests and mountains I'd like to climb. Also, I should probably visit a few of their major cities. This nation and my own share so much history it seems worth seeing how Canada turned out. Plus, Maple Syrup is one of the greatest gifts ever given to the world.

Iceland - This place always looks so very uncanny to me when I see pictures and video. I need to lay my own eyes upon it I to get a sense for why it seems so very strange.

Egypt - The history of the Nile river valley is almost unimaginable. Since the beginning of western recorded history it has been a place of staggering importance. It's hard to imagine a place with more history than a valley where so many civilizations have lived and died over the millenia.

FootloosePhoenix

Dec 23, 2010
Japan. Japan Japan Japan. If I had the opportunity to visit just a single different country in my lifetime, I would pick Japan, hands down. Why? Because it's Japan.

I think Switzerland, Finland, India, New Zealand, China and Ireland would be amazing places to see as well. In fact, pretty much any part of Europe, aside from France and England, would interest me a great deal, though it's not like I'd say no if someone offered me a trip to either of those two countries either. Heck, the whole world is a cool place in some way or another. Sign me up for the full tour.

I would also enjoy to seeing more of my southern neighbour, the United States. Technically I've already been in a number of the states, including Minnesota, New Jersey, Arizona and Nevada, but just the airports/passing through, so the only two I feel I've seen proper are Pennsylvania and Florida. Such an intriguing and sometimes surprisingly beautiful country. The people can be kinda weird though. :p

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
This one (America). There is a wealth of national parks and natural wonders.

I wouldn't mind going to another nation. I'd avoid tourist trap destinations and do something most people don't do. Maybe hike the fjords. Maybe see Ayers Rock.

First, though, I'd like to visit a real Florida beach, the Grand Canyon, the California coast, the Carlsbad Caverns, hike the foothills of the Rockies (the peaks are beyond my ability)....plenty to do right here.

Of course, the US is so big, and so varied in its terrain, it's almost like cheating.

Mithcha

Oct 21, 2011
The Middle East in general, Arabia...I'd love to see Mecca but I'm not a muslim. Also they can't seem to keep their lunatics in check, so fuck going there. Shame 'cause the architecture is fucking beautiful, and all the historic sites.

USA, monument valley specifically. Mostly because being in the Uk we just don't have stuff like that, we have our own mountain range and the highlands sure but it's not the same scale at all. Can't say any of the cities interest me, seen one modern city seen them all. It'll never happen though, I'm far too sarcastic to get through the airport checks.

Canada, for similar reasons. Given their allegedly friendly nature I might actually get through their airport.

Mongolia. To see where the Mongol horde (more or less) emerged, fuck yeah. I mean there's nothing interesting there in and of itself as far as I know but its more the idea.