Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Dated

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Dated

The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will release exclusively on PlayStation 4 on June 30.

Activision has original 3 Crash Bandicoot games [https://blog.activision.com/t5/More-Games/Crash-Bandicoot-N-Sane-Trilogy-Release-Date-Revealed/ba-p/10176280] will hit store shelves on June 30.

The set will be available for $39.99 and includes Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. According to Activision, the remaster offers redone lighting and animations, newly-recreated cinematics, and support for PlayStation 4 Pro.

"Remaster or Remake? This is a AAA remaster. We're giving this the love and attention to detail that we pay to all of our AAA games. We're building it using the original level geometry so that it plays as close to the original as possible. We've also referred to this as a remaster plus, as we are adding new features that we think the fans are going to love," wrote the developer.

[gallery=6939]

The remastered collection also adds new save and checkpoint systems, "improved" bonus levels and time trials, and a fully-remastered soundtrack.

Source: Activision [https://blog.activision.com/t5/More-Games/Crash-Bandicoot-N-Sane-Trilogy-Release-Date-Revealed/ba-p/10176280]

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
This was one of those series others grew up with that I never played once. I could go for a platformer but I don't have a Playstation soooo... Cool I guess?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Yay! :D

I loved the first Crash, never got a chance to play the third, and the second was legit.

So excited.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
If they could JUST toss in Crash Team Racing THAT would be great.
;)

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Save and checkpoint systems? I'm sold. And I don't even have a PS4 (yet...). Seriously, the one thing that I hated about the series originally (which was otherwise a staple of my childhood) was that the first game didn't have a proper save system unless you beat the bonus levels, which were difficult enough sometimes as it was. I would have never made it to the end of the game if it hadn't been for the passwords, although admittedly I was only like 6 when I first played it...

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Crash just seems so...meh to me. But then so does all their other series (except Jak and Daxter).

Maybe they should make a new one though...where Crash plays Uncharted then files some taxes...cause that would be fun, right?

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Man, releasing soon and it's already dated by today's standards? What a mess!

Oh, you mean release date. In that case, woo~

MatthewTheDark

The Meme Machine
Jun 13, 2014
That last screenshot looks fucking horrible.

Though I am curious how this will pan out. I wonder how the varying gameplay will be handled mostly. I mean they share basic mechanics, but Crash 2 and 3 are pretty different from the first game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Saelune said:
Maybe they should make a new one though...where Crash plays Uncharted then files some taxes...cause that would be fun, right?
Eh, could be. Crash is far too stupid to understand anything. Struggling with taxes could generate all kinds of hijinx.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Tanis said:
If they could JUST toss in Crash Team Racing THAT would be great.
;)
I second this.

I still have my PS1 and CTR, but the PS1 has been broken for years, likely unrepairable. It's a good excuse to get a PS2 since it's backwards compatible and I have a ton of PS2 games to catch up on. Never owned a PS2. My consoles were/are PS1 (broken as I said), original Xbox (still going strong), and original Wii (disc reader went bad). I never got any consoles from generations onward. Even on PC I'm roughly 5-7 years behind.

Or, instead of getting a PS2 they could just release this remaster, include CTR (although let's both be honest, CTR will probably never see a modern remaster or modern remake), and I'll personally get to it when I get a PS4 in 10 years :p