I dont c what you did there valve.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
*Picks up can of gas and throws it toward fire.*

[sub] I got this from another forum site. So it might be late.[/sub]

EnigmaticThor

Jun 28, 2009
Steve the Pocket said:
Dammit I can NOT get that radio to stay with me when I jump across after the fire. It keeps jumping out of my hands for no reason. I wish there was some kind of walkthrough that wasn't just some guy noclipping around telling you where to go...
The easiest way is to leave the radio on the ground and portal back to grab it after the jump (there's a portal-holding surface just down the hall from where you land.)

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
This was con-fu-sing
I'm making a point here: What-The-Fuck
It's hard to understand the complex stuff you did here
Seriously Va-alve
You guys real-ly need
To make Ep-Three
For the good of all of us.
Except the haters and trolls.
But there's no sense crying over every de-lay.
You just keep on waiting till you die of old age.
And the series gets done.
And you have a lotta fun.
And we finally see Gordon speak!

My god, did I just make that up?

I WIN!
I think you are my new hero.
Portal 2! that's going to be pretty cool.
Though if ep.3 doesnt come out soon I'm going to shit a brick.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
elitepie931 said:
Steve the Pocket said:
Dammit I can NOT get that radio to stay with me when I jump across after the fire. It keeps jumping out of my hands for no reason. I wish there was some kind of walkthrough that wasn't just some guy noclipping around telling you where to go...
I'm not sure if it works the same way but, if you press the use key don't you pick it up with your hands instead of using the portal gun?
Well if I'm right, pressing the shoot button with make you throw the object you picked up, throw it into the portal.
God I hope I'm right because if not I'ma feel like even more of an idiot.
Nope, that's not it. Good guess though. I realized that would be an issue and started placing the ground portals ahead of time.

And speaking of throwing, I tried throwing the radio into the portal to send it on ahead of me. That didn't work either. GLaDOS wasn't kidding when she said momentum is a function of velocity AND mass. But someone seems to be posting a series of walthroughs on YouTube (they're up to chamber 17 now) so maybe I'll have some luck there.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
ninjajoeman said:
http://forums.lambdascience.com/showthread.php?tid=77

looks like valve has a secret message with alot of Cs

I dont c what you did there valve.
first pic: I see BdA=3
Lambda = 3, as in HL ep 3, maybe???

FURY_007

Jun 8, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Maybe Alyx IS Chell?
Holy. Crap. I almost laughed at your theory then I thought about it, they look kinda similiar, maybe a relative or something, like sisters?

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Ok...woohoo? Another game that is over in 20 minutes? Dont get me wrong portal was quite good but it wasnt the end all be all like some people are making it out to be. It was too short and everyone milked the gimmicky nuances for far too long.
The game was perfect in length. Not too long, not too short. How many puzzles did you expect?

Feb 13, 2008
FURY_007 said:
Maybe Alyx IS Chell?
Holy. Crap. I almost laughed at your theory then I thought about it, they look kinda similiar, maybe a relative or something, like sisters?
You see...It all makes sense now...That means that Gordon is actually Bill from L4D *attaches tinfoil helmet*

stok3r

Dec 23, 2009
Holy Shit Holy Shit Holy Shit!!!

That's all I have to say on the matter at hand

Evilproduct

Oct 25, 2009
Does anyone else feel like this is the beginning of hype for Half-Life 2 Episode 3? It would be great is Portal 2 and HL2Ep3 came out together and had crossing plots. It seems like the new ending of Portal 1 is meant to bring Chell into the Half-Life story. It feels like a countdown has just started with this ARG, and it will lead up to Hl2Ep3 and Portal 2.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
It's been officially announced:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3559/

Portal 2 Announced
March 5, 2010, 9:44 am - Valve - Press Release

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike and Half-Life) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Portal 2 for shipment this coming holiday season.

Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Portal, which won 70 industry achievement awards.

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
The Youth Counselor said:
It's been officially announced:

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3559/

Portal 2 Announced
March 5, 2010, 9:44 am - Valve - Press Release

Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Left 4 Dead, Counter-Strike and Half-Life) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Portal 2 for shipment this coming holiday season.

Portal 2 is the sequel to 2007's Portal, which won 70 industry achievement awards.

For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com
the real announcement had letters underlined :

drattmannh0nee

next puzzle ladies and gentlemen...

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
I like how the OP is now a big jumble and has been superseded twice. Also I'd much, much rather have Portal 2 than the next game in the main Half-Life line.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
FURY_007 said:
Maybe Alyx IS Chell?
You see...It all makes sense now...That means that Gordon is actually Bill from L4D *attaches tinfoil helmet*
no hes francis

no wait Louis makes more sense

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
Geamo said:
Well, shit. Considering the amount of tracking down this took, this looks like an impressive publicity stunt by Valve. Apparently some of the sound files include Barney?
It's definitely safer than letting one of those homeland security d00ds find a neon frylock sign or mystery box somewhere in New York city.