Crazy video game concepts

yogyog

Dec 2, 2013
OK - I know this is a brave first post, so I hope I'm not treading on the toes of the more experienced on this forum... but I keep on coming up with interesting game concepts, and I thought this would be a good place to say them all. I don't really expect these games to be made*, but I think it would be good to tell people the concepts, and to hear what other crazy concepts people come up with.

*yeah - this is the limit of my personal game creation: http://yogyog.org/wiki/doku.php?id=games_and_interactive_art

yogyog

Dec 2, 2013
GAME CONCEPT : DANCE FIGHTER

This is an attempt to fix the problems with two kinds of game:
Fighters - all you do is mash buttons randomly - or at least I do
Rhythm Games - Having to match the button presses exactly - ignoring the fact that dancing or playing guitar is infact very creative.

So you will be rewarded with stronger punches and kicks for hitting punches on the snare hits, kicks on the bass-drum (or kick-drum) kicks. Special moves will be rewarded for doing the exact same pattern two bars running.

yogyog

Dec 2, 2013
GAME CONCEPT : BRICK FORT

A multi-player game controlled with the wii-mote or a similar device

The wii-mote allows you to pick up bricks - you can position and rotate them in 3D space, their position and rotation matching the wii-mote. You can also throw them by letting go of the bricks while the wii-mote while it is moving at high velocity. You can build defences for yourself, knock down other players' defences, his other players' or build bridges so you can get to other items. The idea is this is a physics game where you can build as well as destroy.

yogyog

Dec 2, 2013
GAME CONCEPT : GIANT MONSTER SURVIVAL HORROR MMO - yep, it could do with a better name.

An MMO inwhich about 20 player characters go up against a huge, powerful monster, and they MUST work together if they expect to defeat the monster. The monster would be player-controlled as well.

This is the format most horror films have: one apparently indestructible terror against a small group of people. The monsters could include - dragons, invisible monsters, body-snatchers, sandworms. The point is that the players will have to team up with complete strangers to have a hope of surviving. A headset is a must for this game. Several monsters will have their voice and the voices of other players distorted until they are unintelligible as the monster won't understand human speach.

Poppy JR.

Jun 25, 2013
yogyog said:
GAME CONCEPT : BRICK FORT

A multi-player game controlled with the wii-mote or a similar device

The wii-mote allows you to pick up bricks - you can position and rotate them in 3D space, their position and rotation matching the wii-mote. You can also throw them by letting go of the bricks while the wii-mote while it is moving at high velocity. You can build defences for yourself, knock down other players' defences, his other players' or build bridges so you can get to other items. The idea is this is a physics game where you can build as well as destroy.
Sounds a bit like Steven Spielberg's Boom Blox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boom_Blox

By the way, welcome to the forums!

yogyog

Dec 2, 2013
Thanks for the reply... I think I heard ablout that somewhere, and then my confused little mind thought it had created it it's self.