Create-a-weapon

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Many games offer customisable content, like custom characters and custom stages. Very few games allow you to design a completely new weapon (including it's function) from the ground up. So that's what this is.

What you do is state the name of your weapon, what it does, and what it looks like. Is it thrown? Is it fired? perhaps it's even an air strike type weapon? Thats entirely up to you. A weapon I would create is...

The Kick Button:

Causes the targeted player to be kicked from the game/server.

Appears as a small, hand-held button with a picture of a shoe on, that is thrown at the enemy. Upon contact, the button is pressed, and the player is disconnected.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Okay, my best idea so far is for this sword, but it's not a normal sword. Instead of a blade, it projects a beam of light which can cut through everything except for this one material called "fortosis weave". It's made by getting a magical crystal and shining a giant light through it with a focusing lens. I'm thinking of calling it a "beamsaber" or possibly "lightsword." I don't think anyone's come up with this before. I dunno.

/troll

Edit: Oh, and the point of this post in a meta-sense was to point out that everyone's already thought up pretty much every idea that anyone will come up with, barring those ideas which people make up to be deliberately different in order to prove this point wrong or in an attempt to be viewed as "unique" and "special".

Well, they are "special" I guess. Just not the kind they wanted.

1trakm1nd

Jun 21, 2008
"The Noob Whiner"

A gun so rediculous that every moron with an IQ below bread loaves will cry. (I.E. 3/4 the populace of Xbox live)

Asday

Jun 18, 2008
A pistol made of wheat.

The most useless weapon ever.

Solely for use as an insult, as in, when you kill someone with it (good luck), you're either ridiculously leet, or they're the opposite.

Or both.

1trakm1nd

Jun 21, 2008
Asday post=9.70786.702546 said:
A pistol made of wheat.

The most useless weapon ever.

Solely for use as an insult, as in, when you kill someone with it (good luck), you're either ridiculously leet, or they're the opposite.

Or both.
or you're the luckiest S.O.B around and you should go play the lotto.

SystemWarrior

May 7, 2008
I feel desperately compelled to mention shurikens and lightning, but I pride my intelligence too much to say it. Oh wait, I just did. Bugger.

My personal best weapon would be a harpoon gun that rips limbs off and pins them to walls. Pinning things to walls makes everything better.

TJ rock 101

May 20, 2008
a rocket launcher that shoots dictionaries at people on Xbox live to scare them away because they cant get around the concept of learning.

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
The Nitrogen Operated Ordnance Ballistic Cannon.

The Lag gun, when you point it at your enemy and fire it causes them to slow down.

The Lag bomb, when you trigger it, it causes a Sauron's-death-explosion-type blast radius, logging everyone out.

Rubber Chicken of Doom, because it would be awesome to kill an opponent by slapping them across the face with a rubber chicken.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
A boomerang with a pen-knife sellotaped to it. You throw it just right, it flies around, and stabs the enemy from around a corner. Or, it could go around fortifications and stab them in the back. You could go hunting with it. You could change the channel with it. You could do a helluva lot with it.

the monopoly guy

May 8, 2008
Eggo post=9.70786.702538 said:
the monopoly guy post=9.70786.702528 said:
An LMG, but it's a shotgun instead of a rifle.

Great for those giant pesky zombie hordes!
Forget that...

Forget that, you're kinda stuck in one place with that.

Also, my idea is great for taking care of those damn birds tha poop on your car.

So is yours, I guess.

OverlordSteve

Jul 8, 2008
/inb4 "shurikens and lightning"

"The Imcompe-Glock," A pistol with bullets that hamper the enemy's mental capacity, and making them kill themselves in a hilarious fashion.

Kahuna-Kurt

Aug 28, 2008
a log-cannon would shut some people up, "TIMBER!" "huh?" *smack*

frog launcher would be funny as well

Ooh! stuffed animal mortar

while these are sick and twisted you must admit they'd be fun.

1trakm1nd

Jun 21, 2008
"The Why-didn't-I-Think-of-this Gun"

A gun that when used, upon your next death shows you what you could have done to avoid dying in the firstplace.

"Greedy Bastard"
A gun that shoots money and priceless merchandise to allow a quick escape, or a distraction.

eggdog14

Oct 17, 2007
I could think of alot of crazy, wacky weapons, and even simply select one from any game ever made, but i'd never be able to top this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

o_O

...BALLS.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
SystemWarrior post=9.70786.702560 said:
Pinning things to walls makes everything better.
http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Minigun

Scroll to Stinger Minigun (UT3) and Secondary Fire.

I once pinned someone to a wall. I pinned both his hands, and he looked a bit like Jesus.

(Frozen) Pea Shooter:

Self explanatory.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
"Jar of Bees"
Pretty self explanatory. Still want to see it in a game though.

"Octopus Launcher"
Also self explanatory. Launches aquatic invertebrates of any kind at high speeds.