Creative Assembly Details Total War: Warhammer's Post-Launch Content

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The only factions care about is Bretonnia, the 3 Elven factions, and Ogre Kingdoms.

Don't care about Lizard and Rat people.
Oddly enough, the only factions I care about are the lizard and rat people. You can keep your metal heads, pointy ears and big fat guys.
I want my fantasy genre to be pure and traditional.

Lizardmen and Skaven are lame in concept they are not unique fantasy creatures they are just anthromophized animals. (Though admittedly the Lizardmen looks badass)

Besides If you want new original creatures in Fantasy look at Morrowind or Planescape Torment or Burning Crusade World of Warcraft.
You mean you like your fantasy to be tolken.

Lizardmen and Skaven are the most interesting races in warhammer. Lizardman show up in a ton of fantasy but they tend to be cannon fodder creatures. In warhammer they made them gods and on team 'good.' Which is pretty rare. And Skaven, I don't think any fantasy has really done anything like them before, they are interesting and make a great horde of things to kill as warhammer vermintide demonstrates.

Are you sure you like warhammer?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Worgen said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The only factions care about is Bretonnia, the 3 Elven factions, and Ogre Kingdoms.

Don't care about Lizard and Rat people.
Oddly enough, the only factions I care about are the lizard and rat people. You can keep your metal heads, pointy ears and big fat guys.
I want my fantasy genre to be pure and traditional.

Lizardmen and Skaven are lame in concept they are not unique fantasy creatures they are just anthromophized animals. (Though admittedly the Lizardmen looks badass)

Besides If you want new original creatures in Fantasy look at Morrowind or Planescape Torment or Burning Crusade World of Warcraft.
You mean you like your fantasy to be tolken.

Lizardmen and Skaven are the most interesting races in warhammer. Lizardman show up in a ton of fantasy but they tend to be cannon fodder creatures. In warhammer they made them gods and on team 'good.' Which is pretty rare. And Skaven, I don't think any fantasy has really done anything like them before, they are interesting and make a great horde of things to kill as warhammer vermintide demonstrates.

Are you sure you like warhammer?
The thing is I am completely new to the Warhammer Fantasy franchise and so far I am hoping that this game, Warhammer Total War, will be THE game that properly introduces a new audiance to the Warhammer Fantasy Universe like how Dawn of War was to the 40k universe and I am interested since I LOVE the traditional fantasy genre, I love stuff like Tolkien, D&D, Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, Magic the Gathering, etc. etc.

If I want to fully get into the game I want to get at least the Faction Races that are familiar looking like the Elves, Ogres, Bretonnia, and mabye the Chaos Demons of Khorne (unless the Chaos Warriors are the Khorne Faction)

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
008Zulu said:
Halyah said:
Maybe we will get Tomb Kings. That'd be nice. Might be too much to hope for Nagash himself as a playable Lord. Still, Bone Giant vs Chaos Giant.
Imagine Nagash. He would insta-kill entire armies. He'd be an awesome cheat character. Like the console cheat rocket elephants in Medieval 2.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Halyah said:
Also wouldn't Nagash be a tad too OP?
Not if they gave each side their own God level character. The Empire could get Sigmar, then you could re-create the famous battle where Nagash invaded the Empire, but was narrowly defeated.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Halyah said:
Could just be because its early morning and my memory isn't the greatest, but I don't recall hearing about that particular battle. Its not the end times is it? >.>
It was from Warhammer 2nd Ed. Before the vampires were split off to form their own faction. Would have been very late 90s.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Halyah said:
Ah I see. Explains why I didn't recognize it as that predates my interest in warhammer by quite a fair bit of years.
The lore in the army book for them is an interesting read. Nagash captured hundreds and thousands of Greenskins and Skaven, and used a ritual to kill them and bring them all back as his undead army. The Skaven sent an assassin to kill him as he was in a sort of hibernation after the ritual. Took him a thousand years to resurrect himself, he re-established control over most of the undead he created and marched on the Empire. Pretty much made it all the way to the Imperial capital before Sigmar flattened him with his warhammer.

I was thinking for this game; The Undead as a playable faction, and marched on the capital. A 'what if' kind of scenario.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Bombiz said:
Strazdas said:
Halyah said:
That said a bigger map with more of the world would be nice too. The Total Warhammer map isn't that big, but then again I guess I've been spoiled by the warhammer fantasy mod for CK2.
There is a warhammer fantasy mod for CK2? Looks like i got no reason to buy this game now and will just play that!
@Strazdas I don't see why you wouldn't still buy Total war warhammer if you're playing CK2. They're 2 totally different games.
because i dont like the direction Total War franchise is taking and given limited time in a day im fine with just one game.

Bombiz

Apr 12, 2010
Strazdas said:
Bombiz said:
Strazdas said:
Halyah said:
That said a bigger map with more of the world would be nice too. The Total Warhammer map isn't that big, but then again I guess I've been spoiled by the warhammer fantasy mod for CK2.
There is a warhammer fantasy mod for CK2? Looks like i got no reason to buy this game now and will just play that!
@Strazdas I don't see why you wouldn't still buy Total war warhammer if you're playing CK2. They're 2 totally different games.
because i dont like the direction Total War franchise is taking and given limited time in a day im fine with just one game.
@Strazdas fair enough about the direction of the franchise. If you want a warhammer themed total war that isn't this one you can always try the Call of Warhammer mod for Medieval 2.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Bombiz said:
Strazdas said:
Bombiz said:
Strazdas said:
Halyah said:
@Strazdas fair enough about the direction of the franchise. If you want a warhammer themed total war that isn't this one you can always try the Call of Warhammer mod for Medieval 2.
yeah, Mediaval 2 has lots of great mods. The engine is a buggy and unstable though, crash every third battle (and yes my computer is more than enough to run it at any setting) and half the troops not knowing how to climb siege towers getting stuck inside walls.