Creative ending credits

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
jade empire had this cool bonus dialodue... afew of the initial seconds are covered by thisguy talking... but that's ok
http://youtu.be/pHsYU_kGqlo?t=4m33s

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
Unique credit segments? Typing Of The Dead had one where you could type off the names off the staff before they scrolled away. Typing in a certain set perfectly would cause zombies to break out of tubes and begin dancing.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
(note: all caps used for posterity)

KREDITS

KODING - KLAP TRAP
KARACTERS - KRUSHA
KOLOURING - KRITTER
KONCEPT - KLUMP
KOMMANDER - KING K. ROOL

THE END?

Then you die, because you put the controller down. Admittedly, Donkey Kong Country isn't the only game to pull this trick, but it was probably the most famous one.

Nero18

Jul 5, 2012
I wouldn´t call it creative but I always enjoy the credits in the Gears games, I really like the messages from the actual people that made these games. Not only are some of them funny but it also builds a lot of respect for the devs to see how much they have worked on the games.

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
DyranLK said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned Flower, lol.

I was just about to say that myself. Flow is very similar as well, having the credits be a level itself.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I've started playing a few Legend of Zelda titles, and they seem to have some rather interesting credits sequences. Also, I'm sure we can all appreciate this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAMp0XYfqOs

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
The Smash Bros. series springs to mind: Every game's end credit-sequence doubles as a shooting gallery.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Always been pretty fond of the credits for Thief: The Dark Project, although I'll freely admit a lot of that is because of the awesome credits music. That and juggling.

System Shock 2 did something similar as I recall.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Not all that creative in theory, but it's the only one of the kind that I've ever seen, and I love me some perfectly organized and synchronized movement of massive numbers of people. So, to that end, Dead Rising 1!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Ninja'd by the power of the God Hand.

Not only is it a cool ending, but the song is basically an ad for the game.

Describing what you'll find inside...one of the best brawlers, 2D or 3D, ever released.

Glover09

Jun 19, 2009
Not interactive, and maybe not too innovative, but after playing through it again(and again, and again)the end credits of Warship Gunner 2 goes through one of two setups, one for the first playthrough and one for subsequent ones.

What doesn't change: the music, the names, the order, the length.

What does change: the background and possibly the color scheme.

What's so special? Well, in the background(I believe a blue hue for the first run, and a more goldish one for subsequent runs) you see pictures of bosses you faced and beat, as well as some you didn't because of the branching story. The big deal, though, is the main background consisting of a ship. Either the camera rotates around the ship(first), or the camera is at a set point aimed a the ship coming towards it.

"That's fine, but not that special." And that would be true aside from the parting piece. See, the game goes to credits as soon as the final mission is completed. You might expect a generic ship of whatever class in the background, and if you build a sensible ship you may not catch it at first, but whatever ship you just kicked ass in, is the ship in the background down to the flag flying high above. If you had a ship made of missile launchers, you'll see it in all it's glory.

First time I noticed, I was already jacked from beating the boss, so I was awestruck that the developers had thought of that.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
The end credits are somewhat creative in Metal Gear Solid 4. After the half-hour of ending cutscenes where everything is seemingly resolved, the credits roll the voice actors' names until the actor for a certain character pops up. That character hasn't actually been seen in the game, so it zooms in on the name and then there's another half-hour of cutscenes.