Creative License Makes For Gorgeous GlaDOS Cosplay

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Krion_Vark said:
totally heterosexual said:
How is this news worthy though?
IDRK personally. I saw either her or someone else with a cosplay that was exactly like this at NYCC 2011. If I could figure out a way to get my pictures off my 3DS i would have it uploaded too.
Nah, that was her there. I was there as well and saw her. She looked creepy as hell and still does. A for Effort...but some things just can't be cosplayed in my opinion. I knew she was supposed to be Glados but that didn't take away from the fact that I thought it was just an impossible idea.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
I don't get it. She's supposed to look like a machine with no face?

Not exactly the picture of beauty. The makeup is poor, the paint on the machine parts is rough and amateurish and there are no smooth, 90* lines--everything GlaDOS isn't. So it's just some run of the mill cosplay. News, why?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
asacatman said:
This is not news. Don't put in the news section. That is all.
BREAKING NEWS!

Someone cosplayed GlaDOS.

That... that is all.

THIS JUST IN

Puppies are cute.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
Bonus points if she built a voice modulator into the mask to mimic GlaDOS's soothing tones.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Thaliur said:
pdgeorge said:
6SteW6 said:
I dunno if it was her poses, the costume or the models figure/hair but it all came off very...lady gaga to me :S
I agree, none of it reminds me of GLaDOS, the head was sort of well made, but the close up pictures shows how meh it really is.
The dress she's wearing doesn't look ANYTHING like GLaDOS and it doesn't look like anything special in the slightest.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Apparently, If I dress up in blue and red, and put a metal plate in front of my mouth, I have built an Optimus Prime costume.

I won't deny she looks a lot better than me, though. It's just that the costume is kinda... lazy? Lazy might be the correct word.
Grey Day for Elcia said:
I don't get it. She's supposed to look like a machine with no face?

Not exactly the picture of beauty. The makeup is poor, the paint on the machine parts is rough and amateurish and there are no smooth, 90* lines--everything GlaDOS isn't. So it's just some run of the mill cosplay. News, why?
She's HOT, anything she does will be genius and news worthy. If this was just some average gamer dude, he'd be torn to shreds by the same people gushing over "pretty lay-dee" here if he attempted to wear a white and black shirt and pants with half a robot eye on his head and call it a robotic themed cosplay.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
I thought little of this until I noticed the lines on her arms/legs to indicate cybernetic shell type construction.

Then I thought, "Okay, this looks like random android wearing a GLaDOS half-mask."

It's pretty. It doesn't seem like a representation of GLaDOS.

Thaliur

Jan 3, 2008
Nurb said:
She's HOT, anything she does will be genius and news worthy. If this was just some average gamer dude, he'd be torn to shreds by the same people gushing over "pretty lay-dee" here if he attempted to wear a white and black shirt and pants with half a robot eye on his head and call it a robotic themed cosplay.
Sadly, you're probably right.

By the way, you might have the best avatar I ever saw around here :-D

roushutsu

Mar 14, 2012
Kudos to her for the costume design. Having the GLaDOS head kinda throws it off, but the rest looks nice.